Premed 101 Forums

Official UWO Thread

remember when the UoT waitlist moves too in August..some people who are accepted to UWO but have UoT as their main choice might switch over too! Do not despair..be patient..but also have a backup plan in place! Thats how I'm doing it on the UoT waitlist!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it says that the first term fees are due by aug 17 for UWO.

does anyone know how much exactly that is? is it the whole yr's or the first installment? BTW, it seems the tuition has gone up quite a bit this yr. about 8k...UGH!!!

also, did u guys start getting LOC alraedy? if so, how long does it take for them to give u the loan?

thanks!

Hey guys, don't give up just yet! I received a call during the last week of August last year, as did at least 5 other people in my class (that I know of). One also got in the day of white coat, and one more got in about a month into school. Of a class of 56, that's more than one tenth, so there definitely is a big movement towards the end of the summer. Good Luck!

Well of this class of 56, of which several will be international students if I'm not mistaken, there are 47 people in the western facebook group already.

Granted there are people there from other years, so take off a couple few, and maybe some others that don't have facebook or just haven't joined the group, that leaves maybe around 5 spots left. so good luck to everyone but better count on plan B!

Its a good indicator..but I wouldnt count on it fully! The UoT group had 72 members while there was movement happening and the class size is 64! Unless you re able to seperate each member as upper year or new student..its hard really to rely on it 100%. But its definitely a good indicator! IMO id say from that info that 4 or 5 are upper years and same number as people who havent joined...so you still got 9 more movements! Plus never know if anyone will change their minds last minute!

dentshopeful, i think you're underestimating how many people have joined more than one group. Many people who have been accepted to more than one school end up joining more than one group. In fact, we had a couple of people in our group last year that weren't dentistry students at all! (weirdos, i know) Also if it gives anyone encouragement, 8 people in the facebook group are from second year. Mazaag is right- while the facebook group might give you an idea of the some of faces you might see next year, you shouldn't give up completely based on those numbers. The wait list definitely moves in late august!

it says that the first term fees are due by aug 17 for UWO.

does anyone know how much exactly that is? is it the whole yr's or the first installment? BTW, it seems the tuition has gone up quite a bit this yr. about 8k...UGH!!!

also, did u guys start getting LOC alraedy? if so, how long does it take for them to give u the loan?

thanks!

That's crazy, that means UWO tuition this year is $43000+?

That's crazy, that means UWO tuition this year is $43000+?

No that's not true, the tuition fee is still the same ($28,000) as last year. They just included instrument kit fees in there ($7,000).

Dr.Pepper, did you apply for any bursaries? UWO gives out $6,000 to $10,000 bursaries every year in addition to bursaries from OSAP and other UWO scholarships you may receive.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyon e 1

guessing he meant to say if anyone has heard anything :P?

haven't heard anything from anyone in awhile...but I heard that the waitlist moves a bit when the final deposits are due.

And they are due on the 17th (next tues). so hopefully ppl waiting hear something around next week?

Archived