Premed 101 Forums

field of research

cgardiner

If I were to do research to make my app look better, could i do computer science research or is it best just to do something bio/chem related?

Forget about appearance and just head in the direction of your interests. You will enjoy the journey more and the future will take care of itself. :)

Forget about appearance and just head in the direction of your interests. You will enjoy the journey more and the future will take care of itself. :)

with a little more research done on... well.. research at my university i found that i can do some sort of molecular modelling research - little bit of comp, little bit of sci.. best of both worlds!

The reason why many medical schools like their applicants to have research experience is because it demonstrates certain qualities like the ability to work independently, read scientific papers, problem-solve, critical thinking skills etc. The type of research is therefore not as important as you would think. So do what you like and try to gain as much as possible from it.

Archived