Premed 101 Forums

'Good catches' in med school?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
interesting, how come? you're avatar gave me the spanish impression but im sure thats just some random association

I think it's because the way you speak (write) is similar to a ukranian guy I know, haha. I always thought spanish people were brown..ish, until I met a spanish guy who vehemently defended that spaniards are white. But honestly, look at the most famous spaniard around compared to a swiss guy..

federer-nadal-french.jpg

I think it's because the way you speak (write) is similar to a ukranian guy I know, haha. I always thought spanish people were brown..ish, until I met a spanish guy who vehemently defended that spaniards are white. But honestly, look at the most famous spaniard around compared to a swiss guy..

federer-nadal-french.jpg

Boy... you thought Spanish people were brownish lol? In any case... here's a picture of Fernando Torres who is also a very famous Spaniard.

fernando-torres-1.jpg

there is a substantial difference between spaniards and other hispanics... i won't bore you with a history lesson... but large groups of hispanics are darker skinned due to their ancestry... do not call a non-european hispanic person a spanish person because although they speak spanish they're not from spain

Yeah, there's definitely spaniards who are completely white. But they probably have the lowest blonde and lighter eye colour population, and many of them tend to have slightly darker complexions.

I definitely do not want to start a race conversation here. Spaniards are white, alright.

Lets go back to guessing where muse is from.

Oh my God sfinch, you are hopeless. Your best defense is accusing me of being a muslim-hater (regardless of the fact that I haven't said a word about muslims), diverting away from most of the issues I outlined, GENERALIZING AGAIN, and then you literally MADE UP 10 bull**** claims (that aren't even true) with ZERO evidence, that is trolling! Wellll, here's the facts,

Chinese by statistics are the poorest and uneducated group/diaspora in the world. They have significant populations in almost every country and yet almost have no representation in the upper classes of wealth, education and acheivement. In proportion to their populations against arabs, white europeans, indians and jews, they have some of the lowest literacy rates and make the the least amount of money per capita in North America.

In proportion to their population to other ethnicites, they should have almost thrice as many millionaires in the USA, however jews, indians, west europeans, east europeans and arabs easily trump them! In terms of economy of the country itself, the are barely ahead of africa overall (human rights, hdi, policies, not just gdp..etc) despite being governed by communists who can literally control anything! Imagine if they were democratic where things roll along 10 times slower? They would most probably be behind most african nations in terms of economy, standard of living and hdi! But, back to the diaspora.

In north america, there are 6.7 million jews, 2.7 mil indians, 3.5 mil arabs and each of them outdoes the 3.5 mil chinese americans by 30% in terms of millionaires and billionaires! And this is despite the fact that arab and indians are mostly refugees or illegal immigrants whereas the chinese americans are supposed to the the higher class, well off chinese from china!

Yes, in math contests, there are a few chinese students here and there, but that's it. Jews, indians and europeans dominate chinese in all science categories, english scholastic achievements, professional school entries and upper-class professions overall! :eek: What's even more astounding is that chinese kids are the most hard-pressed and forced into education and achieving higher marks whereas the arab, european, indian and jew students are always more liberal to an extent, and despite this, statistics point towards an ultimately higher overall success rate of the non-chinese ethnicities. I wonder how arabs, indians, jews, europeans would fare if they were pushed as hard as the chinese students are, they could truly accomplish some amazing feats!

Fortunately, the chinese diaspora (usa, can, eur..etc) are improving and making some progress is terms of literacy, income per capita and overall living. However, the raw truth is that they lag significantly behind every ethnicity except for mexican-americans and african-americans.

(There's me writing like you)

Lowest income bracket? Lowest literacy rate? Get your facts straight :confused:

Archived