Premed 101 Forums

'Good catches' in med school?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha it's so true, cute little boy, one day someone will have to tell him santa isn't real.. that'll be a sad day indeed, but on the bright side he can get his first girl in a few years, instead of reading science articles about them

if you actually want hot, super smart, chicks though= anthropology (i literally decided to stay in anthro of religion, even though I didn't have ne prereqs b/c everyone was so sexy & smart...)

also: kinesiology, dental hygiene, sociology, nursing = sexy, it's just those anthro girls are so ****ing smart too, yummy

haha, i don't mean this offensively but sfinch sounds like such a nerdy kid.

You're right, I'm extremely attractive!

I use to beat myself up and wouldn't accept that I looked like a greek deity. I would settle for semi-deified, sort of like Hercules, ya know? Thanks for giving me the courage to make that leap to Zeus-like! You're truly changing the lives of men around the world, I cannot thank you enough for your tireless efforts in the field of male self-perceived attractiveness.

And celebrities and couples, seriously?

Let us define what is attractive first. Despite the 'popular' belief, women are ALOT pickier about looks than men. The difference is that a smooth talking man can convince a woman otherwise. But based on appearance alone - women are alot harsher than men. Lots of studies have shown this. One neet one was by OK CUPID.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-looks-and-online-dating/

Men rated women on a true bell curve without the curve being done. Women rated 80% of the men below average, and only a select few above average.

Of course that does not make sense. With a 1-1 ratio - from an external observers point of view, there are as many attractive women as men.

And hence the problem with this. EVERYWHERE you go, women will think the men are uglier than the women - and the men meekly accept it. It is not true.

In fact, in medicine, I would wager the men are as or more attractive than the average man, while the average female is less attractive than the average female.

Want proof? Look at the women in virtually any other faculty and compare to the meds women.

In what faculty are the men consistently better looking than the men in meds? Engineering (the only faculty with a male majority)...bwahahahaha. Social Sciences? (only those into pot smoking hippies). Probably kinesiology - but even that faculty is majority female and the men are few. In other words there are few places to find better looking men - maybe law (but the women there once again smoke the women in meds).

The stronger male sex drive, and the fact men have to do all the approaching, creates this artificial sensation that the women everywhere are better looking than the men. It is not true. And that harsh truth becomes obvious reality in 5-10 yrs time.

That being said..there are some total knockouts in medical school. And I will be seeing a bunch at OMSW!!! See you all at the Frog.

PS....i am guessing some famous PM101 couples and celebrities will be there. Excited to say the least. ;-)

And hence the problem with this. EVERYWHERE you go, women will think the men are uglier than the women - and the men meekly accept it. It is not true.

In fact, in medicine, I would wager the men are as or more attractive than the average man, while the average female is less attractive than the average female.

Want proof? Look at the women in virtually any other faculty and compare to the meds women.

In what faculty are the men consistently better looking than the men in meds? Engineering (the only faculty with a male majority)...bwahahahaha. Social Sciences? (only those into pot smoking hippies). Probably kinesiology - but even that faculty is majority female and the men are few. In other words there are few places to find better looking men - maybe law (but the women there once again smoke the women in meds).

PS....i am guessing some famous PM101 couples and celebrities will be there. Excited to say the least. ;-)

Holy Lord. The generalizations you make are UNrivaled. And I'm talking about the aggregrate bull**** you've spewed in the threads including ethnicities, islam, hindu-indian wealth, drugs, smoking, attractiveness..etc.

You are trying to make an absolute out of something literally rooted in subjectivity! That is literally all that needs to be said.

Also..

woww dude, hahahaha. you're like the weird unpopular girl in grade 10 that loves to gossip about the "popular kids" and what they do despite them not even acknowledging her existence. except.. you're in like 2nd year medschool..

Holy Lord. The generalizations you make are UNrivaled. And I'm talking about the aggregrate bull**** you've spewed in the threads including ethnicities, islam, hindu-indian wealth, drugs, smoking, attractiveness..etc.

You are trying to make an absolute out of something literally rooted in subjectivity! That is literally all that needs to be said.

Also..

woww dude, hahahaha. you're like the weird unpopular girl in grade 10 that loves to gossip about the "popular kids" and what they do despite them not even acknowledging her existence. except.. you're in like 2nd year medschool..

That was raw.

And well said. sfinch has the tendency to say things that he assumes to be true and absolute in order to buff his argument.

As much as I was going to avoid this thread, I feel I should pass on some wisdom.

Guys, you don't want a girl who also goes to medical school. They're gonna be busy, career focused, always talking to you about medicine, expecting you to figure out your own stuff like scheduling daily events, making time to see family, remembering the basics of life. Teachers are where the action is. They're generally super nice and supportive. They do a great job of looking after you because lets face it, as a male physician you are terribly organized and would probably forget to put one foot in front of the other if it wasn't genetically programmed.

Short and sweet version: Guys we're stupid at everything outside of medicine and possibly sports. Find someone who helps you with the other 90% of life.

Also..

I give my opinions. But here goes.

Moslems: I don't hate them and think they are human like the rest of us. You may hate them. Big deal. I don't like racists/bigots you you Raw.

Hindu-Indians: Not the richest ethnic religous group in the world. Such an obvious statement. Yet you seem to believe it?

Attractiveness: I think the men in meds are better looking than the women in meds. I gave some of my rationale for it. It is my opinion - certainly several women have opined the opposite.

Ethnicities: There is racism against non whites in small towns that is often more blatant than big cities. That is my opinion, and not a tiny minority opinion either.

Drugs: Look at the marijuana use poll - a majority have never tried it or tried it only once (including me when i was young). ILLEGAL behviour is something I do not condone doctors doing - anytime such behaviour is done, some risk of getting caught or having your reputation effected is there. Muse and Raw may like those that take drugs - not all program directors do.

Smoking: Never commented on it, but I don't think smoking is a good idea anyways. You want to promote smoking RAW?

Anyways...you are a troll account, not an original one. It will probably be banned at some point. You should have some pride and use your main account!

I give my opinions. But here goes.

Moslems: I don't hate them and think they are human like the rest of us. You may hate them. Big deal. I don't like racists/bigots you you Raw.

Hindu-Indians: Not the richest ethnic religous group in the world. Such an obvious statement. Yet you seem to believe it?

Attractiveness: I think the men in meds are better looking than the women in meds. I gave some of my rationale for it. It is my opinion - certainly several women have opined the opposite.

Ethnicities: There is racism against non whites in small towns that is often more blatant than big cities. That is my opinion, and not a tiny minority opinion either.

Drugs: Look at the marijuana use poll - a majority have never tried it or tried it only once (including me when i was young). ILLEGAL behviour is something I do not condone doctors doing - anytime such behaviour is done, some risk of getting caught or having your reputation effected is there. Muse and Raw may like those that take drugs - not all program directors do.

Smoking: Never commented on it, but I don't think smoking is a good idea anyways. You want to promote smoking RAW?

Your actual opinions:

Muslims: NOT ALL OF THEM TERRORISTS! (yeah, we know sfinch)

Indians: THE TOP 0.000001 PERCENTILE WERE HAND-PICKED TO IMMIGRATE AND THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SO RICH!! (no sfinch, I guarantee you that's not the case)

Attractiveness: I can't even begin to rephrase this. You GENERALIZED who looks better in like 6 different departments that each school in North america has! And your source, hahahahahha!

Ethnicities: IS THERE A MEDSCHOOL IN CHINATOWN, CAN'T GO TO ANY CITY WITH LESS THAN 40% ASIAN! (i understand some uneducated racist douches picked on you in highschool, but firstly, you're an adult going to medschool now dude; secondly, you're GENERALIZING CITIES (based on their white population)! )

Drugs: I see you use marijuana, i make sure it goes in your criminal record and it bothers you for life, every step you take! Also, the law is perfect! (really man?)

I don't remember the rest, but anyway, STOP F***ING GENERALIZING.

p.s. sorry for the capslock, i distinguished what sfinch's opinion is underlined instead of capslock on the last one though :)

Your actual opinions:

Muslims: NOT ALL OF THEM TERRORISTS! (yeah, we know sfinch)

Indians: THE TOP 0.000001 PERCENTILE WERE HAND-PICKED TO IMMIGRATE AND THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SO RICH!! (no sfinch, I guarantee you that's not the case)

Attractiveness: I can't even begin to rephrase this. You GENERALIZED who looks better in like 6 different departments that each school in North america has! And your source, hahahahahha!

Ethnicities: IS THERE A MEDSCHOOL IN CHINATOWN, CAN'T GO TO ANY CITY WITH LESS THAN 40% ASIAN! (i understand some uneducated racist douches picked on you in highschool, but firstly, you're an adult going to medschool now dude; secondly, you're GENERALIZING CITIES (based on their white population)! )

Drugs: I see you use marijuana, i make sure it goes in your criminal record and it bothers you for life, every step you take! Also, the law is perfect! (really man?)

I don't remember the rest, but anyway, STOP F***ING GENERALIZING.

p.s. sorry for the capslock, i distinguished what sfinch's opinion is underlined instead of capslock on the last one though :)

Look RAW. I've figured out who you probably are by monitoring when you log in and who logs out. Don't be so ingenious. Admit who you are douchebag.

Alot of people were hating on moslems. I defended them, despite not agreeing with their faith. That whole stupid hate threat started when scigirl ragged on her ex's moslem faith and moslems in general.

I like being in diverse cities. Racism is a real thing - and it is not fun being attacked or made fun of because of your race. Perhaps if you stepped in a minority's shoes you would understand.

Indians in the USA are probably the richest group per capita...but only 1% of the us population AT MOST, and come from a highly selected population from India - disproportionately doctor, scientists and engineers. You don't get untouchables coming en masse to the USA. In Canada, Indians are nowhere near as rich - heck in Vancouver, the chinese and whites definetely dominate in the wealth department despite lots of Indians there. In the Forbes USA 400, there is only 2 or 3 Indians at most - so they don't dominate at that level in the USA.

My generalizations on attractiveness ARE MINE. I can say whatever I want. You generalize that most moslems are bad and evil - and I can't generalize about attractiveness in different faculties? Wow...a complete and utter hypocrite.

I talked about the idiocy of using drugs if you are applying to med school. DON'T DO IT! I don't think marijuana is horrible - but it is illegal. I tried it in highschool - I didn't like it, and it was stupid. I also was not applying to med school at that time (or for that matter, police college, law or any other field where drug use can lead to you being kicked out/losing your job). When I decided to, I obeyed the law. Whether the law is perfect or not is not the issue. Breaking the law and getting caught CAN effect you med school apps. Have you not even seen the apps??

Look RAW. I've figured out who you probably are by monitoring when you log in and who logs out. Don't be so ingenious. Admit who you are douchebag.

hahahahaha, fantastic. Of course you'll resort to personal attacks, you don't write anything worth 2 cents of evidence, all you do is generalize.

Alot of people were hating on moslems. I defended them, despite not agreeing with their faith. That whole stupid hate threat started when scigirl ragged on her ex's moslem faith and moslems in general.

You generalize that most moslems are bad and evil

Hm, you know you're hopeless when you start conjuring up things to attack somebody. I haven't said one word about muslims. Good going bud.

I like being in diverse cities. Racism is a real thing - and it is not fun being attacked or made fun of because of your race. Perhaps if you stepped in a minority's shoes you would understand.

I wonder when you'll understand it's not okay to generalize any city as 'hick' because it isn't in the top 10 multicultural cities of the world. Yeah, you called london and other cities hick towns.

Indians in the USA are probably the richest group per capita...but only 1% of the us population AT MOST, and come from a highly selected population from India - disproportionately doctor, scientists and engineers. You don't get untouchables coming en masse to the USA. In Canada, Indians are nowhere near as rich - heck in Vancouver, the chinese and whites definetely dominate in the wealth department despite lots of Indians there. In the Forbes USA 400, there is only 2 or 3 Indians at most - so they don't dominate at that level in the USA.

WHY. DO. YOU. KEEP. GENERALIZING! This is MADE UP information!

Half of the indians that come to the usa open up F**KING 7-elevens and motels! Half of the indian kids I personally know that are going into medschool have dads who have average or mediocre jobs.

Dude, I think you're an all out racist or something. You've made statements regarding whites to be inferior to asians in intelligence. And you repetitively conjure up information about indians because you can't accept they're wealthier and faring better than your ethnic background, the east asians. How bizzare.

My generalizations on attractiveness ARE MINE. I can say whatever I want. You generalize that most moslems are bad and evil - and I can't generalize about attractiveness in different faculties? Wow...a complete and utter hypocrite.

lol, this is pitiful. I have generalized nothing, not said a word about muslims. This is like rock-bottom man.

It's a problem that you generalize, because your posts aren't worth two sh*ts. But it's a real problem when you present them as facts. Like you did about almost every motherf**king possible topic that you've written about.

I talked about the idiocy of using drugs if you are applying to med school. DON'T DO IT! I don't think marijuana is horrible - but it is illegal. I tried it in highschool - I didn't like it, and it was stupid. I also was not applying to med school at that time (or for that matter, police college, law or any other field where drug use can lead to you being kicked out/losing your job). When I decided to, I obeyed the law. Whether the law is perfect or not is not the issue. Breaking the law and getting caught CAN effect you med school apps. Have you not even seen the apps??

Right, so this means you inform the school or police if a friend of yours privately uses marijuana. Character.

hahahahaha, fantastic. Of course you'll resort to personal attacks, you don't write anything worth 2 cents of evidence, all you do is generalize.

Hm, you know you're hopeless when you start conjuring up things to attack somebody. I haven't said one word about muslims. Good going bud.

NO - BUT one of your commonly used aliases has attacked moslems. You know exactly what I am talking about.

I wonder when you'll understand it's not okay to generalize any city as 'hick' because it isn't in the top 10 multicultural cities of the world. Yeah, you called london and other cities hick towns.

I did over 1.5 yrs ago, and I did appologize. However, many whites I know also call London and Kingston hick towns as well. It's hardly as racist as calling a bunch of chinese kids in a group at a local London club 'Chinatown', which is not uncommon. Kind of like how that HW in the UFC with brown pride on his chest is not really racist, but white pride probably would be. Things will change in the future - but minorities often do feel afraid, and pride in who they are helps with self esteem. Some view this as hypocrisy, but really, there is no where in the world where whites are really looked down upon - they may be feared I admit, and in some cases hated, but rarely looked down upon.

WHY. DO. YOU. KEEP. GENERALIZING! This is MADE UP information!

Half of the indians that come to the usa open up F**KING 7-elevens and motels! Half of the indian kids I personally know that are going into medschool have dads who have average or mediocre jobs.

Dude, I think you're an all out racist or something. You've made statements regarding whites to be inferior to asians in intelligence. And you repetitively conjure up information about indians because you can't accept they're wealthier and faring better than your ethnic background, the east asians. How bizzare.

I'm guessing you are Indian. In what way are east indians faring much better than chinese? They are not super far off each other and I have plenty of brown friends - but virtually any country with a large macro chinese and indian population, the chinese are better off. Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Britain, South AFrica all come to mind. And look at top academic achievement. Of the top 100 in the math and physics competitions in Canada - maybe 1-5 indians at most...maybe 85-90 east asians. And clearly china is > indian economically and militarily. Indians do well in school in the West, no doubt, but some people seem to exagerate their successes. It's like when Indians boast about winning beauty contests or something - it is silly and makes no sense. Anyways, I was attacking the moron that was attacking moslems by saying hindus were the richest religion in the world - which of course is a joke considering that 90% of them live in one of the poorest countries in the world. And prove me that 1/2 of the Indians in med school have dads/moms with true mediocore jobs. Here at UWO, most seem to have MD dads or professional parents; or at least university educated. In fact, almost all of them when I think about it.

lol, this is pitiful. I have generalized nothing, not said a word about muslims. This is like rock-bottom man.

It's a problem that you generalize, because your posts aren't worth two sh*ts. But it's a real problem when you present them as facts. Like you did about almost every motherf**king possible topic that you've written about.

No need to get angry. Many people well known here PM me for advice, and for my classmates on here that know me in real life, we get along just fine. I have strong opinions. I may not be always right -but when it comes to admissions info and advice, I usually am right. And the way you attacked my defense of not all moslems being evil puts your right up there with the moslem haters

Right, so this means you inform the school or police if a friend of yours privately uses marijuana. Character.

Not necessarily. But someone certainly could. Why risk that situation in the first place. You've seen what some premeds have done on this site alone to sabatoge others or to get ahead. Why put youself in an unnessary situation where you could get screwed over by doing something illegal and get your barred from admissions?

Oh my God sfinch, you are hopeless. Your best defense is accusing me of being a muslim-hater (regardless of the fact that I haven't said a word about muslims), diverting away from most of the issues I outlined, GENERALIZING AGAIN, and then you literally MADE UP 10 bull**** claims (that aren't even true) with ZERO evidence, that is trolling! Wellll, here's the facts,

Chinese by statistics are the poorest and uneducated group/diaspora in the world. They have significant populations in almost every country and yet almost have no representation in the upper classes of wealth, education and acheivement. In proportion to their populations against arabs, white europeans, indians and jews, they have some of the lowest literacy rates and make the the least amount of money per capita in North America.

In proportion to their population to other ethnicites, they should have almost thrice as many millionaires in the USA, however jews, indians, west europeans, east europeans and arabs easily trump them! In terms of economy of the country itself, the are barely ahead of africa overall (human rights, hdi, policies, not just gdp..etc) despite being governed by communists who can literally control anything! Imagine if they were democratic where things roll along 10 times slower? They would most probably be behind most african nations in terms of economy, standard of living and hdi! But, back to the diaspora.

In north america, there are 6.7 million jews, 2.7 mil indians, 3.5 mil arabs and each of them outdoes the 3.5 mil chinese americans by 30% in terms of millionaires and billionaires! And this is despite the fact that arab and indians are mostly refugees or illegal immigrants whereas the chinese americans are supposed to the the higher class, well off chinese from china!

Yes, in math contests, there are a few chinese students here and there, but that's it. Jews, indians and europeans dominate chinese in all science categories, english scholastic achievements, professional school entries and upper-class professions overall! :eek: What's even more astounding is that chinese kids are the most hard-pressed and forced into education and achieving higher marks whereas the arab, european, indian and jew students are always more liberal to an extent, and despite this, statistics point towards an ultimately higher overall success rate of the non-chinese ethnicities. I wonder how arabs, indians, jews, europeans would fare if they were pushed as hard as the chinese students are, they could truly accomplish some amazing feats!

Fortunately, the chinese diaspora (usa, can, eur..etc) are improving and making some progress is terms of literacy, income per capita and overall living. However, the raw truth is that they lag significantly behind every ethnicity except for mexican-americans and african-americans.

(There's me writing like you)

lol

at first i thought you were talking about your own post

Oh my God sfinch, you are hopeless. Your best defense is accusing me of being a muslim-hater (regardless of the fact that I haven't said a word about muslims), diverting away from most of the issues I outlined, GENERALIZING AGAIN, and then you literally MADE UP 10 bull**** claims (that aren't even true) with ZERO evidence, that is trolling! Wellll, here's the facts,

Chinese by statistics are the poorest and uneducated group/diaspora in the world. They have significant populations in almost every country and yet almost have no representation in the upper classes of wealth, education and acheivement. In proportion to their populations against arabs, white europeans, indians and jews, they have some of the lowest literacy rates and make the the least amount of money per capita in North America.

In proportion to their population to other ethnicites, they should have almost thrice as many millionaires in the USA, however jews, indians, west europeans, east europeans and arabs easily trump them! In terms of economy of the country itself, the are barely ahead of africa overall (human rights, hdi, policies, not just gdp..etc) despite being governed by communists who can literally control anything! Imagine if they were democratic where things roll along 10 times slower? They would most probably be behind most african nations in terms of economy, standard of living and hdi! But, back to the diaspora.

In north america, there are 6.7 million jews, 2.7 mil indians, 3.5 mil arabs and each of them outdoes the 3.5 mil chinese americans by 30% in terms of millionaires and billionaires! And this is despite the fact that arab and indians are mostly refugees or illegal immigrants whereas the chinese americans are supposed to the the higher class, well off chinese from china!

Yes, in math contests, there are a few chinese students here and there, but that's it. Jews, indians and europeans dominate chinese in all science categories, english scholastic achievements, professional school entries and upper-class professions overall! :eek: What's even more astounding is that chinese kids are the most hard-pressed and forced into education and achieving higher marks whereas the arab, european, indian and jew students are always more liberal to an extent, and despite this, statistics point towards an ultimately higher overall success rate of the non-chinese ethnicities. I wonder how arabs, indians, jews, europeans would fare if they were pushed as hard as the chinese students are, they could truly accomplish some amazing feats!

Fortunately, the chinese diaspora (usa, can, eur..etc) are improving and making some progress is terms of literacy, income per capita and overall living. However, the raw truth is that they lag significantly behind every ethnicity except for mexican-americans and african-americans.

Hahahaha! This thread is gold!

Btw, this year's Medgames are GOING TO BE EPIC!!

As for the hotness of the schools, we'll see in a couple of months!! Then, we'll be able to give every school it's own score!

So far, all I can say is that us, McGill guys, we are def "good catch"! :P

MedGames epic?!

agreed.

:)

Well, you may hate chinese people. Ok. Let us look as some basic statistics.

Literacy China - 91.6%. Virtually 100 Percent for the under 30 crowd.

Literacy India - 61%. Less than 50% for women. Despite being a 'democracy'

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2103.html

Despite the above, the Indians that immigrate to America are the most educated of allmost all immigrants -because of them being highly selected. The WIKI page has TONS of mainstream references. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_American

Per Capita Income China (PPP) - 6600

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.htmlPer Capita Income India (PPP) - 3100 https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html

In Singapore the Chinese way overperform the Indians, and the chinese are the majority group : "The socio-economic problems, and especially educational underperformance, facing Singapore Indians is addressed by the community through Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA), the national 'self-help' group for the Indian community." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indians_in_Singapore#Income_and_education

In Mauritus, where the chiense are a minority in an indian majority, they also dominate compared to Indians. "Today, most Sino-Mauritians are businesspeople, with a "virtual monopoly" on retail trade.[15] After the Franco-Mauritian population, they form the second-wealthiest group on the island.[16] They own restaurants, retail and wholesale shops, and import-and-export firms."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Mauritian#Demographics.2C_distribution.2C_and_employment

Found this. International Math Olympiad, highest level math contest in world. China came 1st. India came 36th, beaten by huge nations like New Zealand and Peru!. China seems to have come 1st every year the last decade! And the US and Canadian team were both majority Chinese as well - no Indians. http://www.imo-official.org/year_country_r.aspx?year=2010

Oh yeah, China also won the international physics, biology, chemistry, and computing competitions by a landslide. But you can easily google that and find out as well. The Canadian teams for all 5 of these contests -- surprise surprise, majority chinese with no indians. Despite more south asians in Canada than chinese.

There are more south asians in Canada than chinese. Just do a simple head count in your med school class. Per Capita, in most medical schools, Chinese are in fact higher. And this does not represent the fact that the top engineering programs, and non MD programs are even more Chinese.

The Forbes 400 list has no indians in the top 200 *(and maybe a couple near the end.). No arabs either. Several chinese though, including patrick soon-siong roger wang, john tu, victor fung, sun - all before any indians even shows up. http://www.forbes.com/wealth/forbes-400

Look, Indians do fine. But no need to trash the obvious objective successes of East Asians when clearly India is WAY BEHIND at the moment. Did you see the disaster those commonwealth games showed - literally crap lying around the athletes village.

wow, you must have spent so much time on this, looks too boring to read though... i did glancingly see that chinese people are good at math... good for you, im really happy for you :o

Literacy China - 91.6%. Virtually 100 Percent for the under 30 crowd.

Literacy India - 61%. Less than 50% for women. Despite being a 'democracy'

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2103.html

Despite the above, the Indians that immigrate to America are the most educated of allmost all immigrants -because of them being highly selected. The WIKI page has TONS of mainstream references. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_American

Per Capita Income China (PPP) - 6600

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.htmlPer Capita Income India (PPP) - 3100 https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html

In Singapore the Chinese way overperform the Indians, and the chinese are the majority group : "The socio-economic problems, and especially educational underperformance, facing Singapore Indians is addressed by the community through Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA), the national 'self-help' group for the Indian community." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indians_in_Singapore#Income_and_education

In Mauritus, where the chiense are a minority in an indian majority, they also dominate compared to Indians. "Today, most Sino-Mauritians are businesspeople, with a "virtual monopoly" on retail trade.[15] After the Franco-Mauritian population, they form the second-wealthiest group on the island.[16] They own restaurants, retail and wholesale shops, and import-and-export firms."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Mauritian#Demographics.2C_distribution.2C_and_employment

Found this. International Math Olympiad, highest level math contest in world. China came 1st. India came 36th, beaten by huge nations like New Zealand and Peru!. China seems to have come 1st every year the last decade! And the US and Canadian team were both majority Chinese as well - no Indians. http://www.imo-official.org/year_country_r.aspx?year=2010

Oh yeah, China also won the international physics, biology, chemistry, and computing competitions by a landslide. But you can easily google that and find out as well. The Canadian teams for all 5 of these contests -- surprise surprise, majority chinese with no indians. Despite more south asians in Canada than chinese.

There are more south asians in Canada than chinese. Just do a simple head count in your med school class. Per Capita, in most medical schools, Chinese are in fact higher. And this does not represent the fact that the top engineering programs, and non MD programs are even more Chinese.

The Forbes 400 list has no indians in the top 200 *(and maybe a couple near the end.). No arabs either. Several chinese though, including patrick soon-siong roger wang, john tu, victor fung, sun - all before any indians even shows up. http://www.forbes.com/wealth/forbes-400

Look, Indians do fine. But no need to trash the obvious objective successes of East Asians when clearly India is WAY BEHIND at the moment. Did you see the disaster those commonwealth games showed - literally crap lying around the athletes village.

BWAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHAAAA!

Wow! You took my CLEARLY facetious post seriously. Wow!

You compared Indians and Chinese in Singapore and Mauratius?!! HAHAHAHAHAH! That's the best you can do?

Dude, you literally just PWNED youself. hahahaaa

Not only did you prove that you have probably the biggest inferiority complex imaginable, but you also proved how WORTHLESS your previous posts with zero evidence are, if this is the best post you can create with half-assed sources.

I guess it sucks for you that Indians, arabs, jews and europeans make more money and are better educated that chinese in NORTH AMERICA and EUROPE, NOT mauritius and singapore though, awww.

Ah yes, Jews/Indians have higher literacy rates, higher gdp per capita and better representation in academic and scholastic activity than chinese. I'm glad you cited that the american Olympiad team had a few more chinese here and there, but results show almost every academic state competition in english and sciences has a majority of indians, jews and europeans! In addition, indian and jewish students have a trend of fast-tracking through school and are only focused on getting into professional school! This shows in statistics because the proportion of jews/indians getting admitted to professional schools of Medicine, Law, Dentistry, and most other programs is 21%-70% higher than chinese students depending on the program.

Arabs, Indians and jews have close to 1.5 times a higher gdp per capita than chinese citizens in north america. Indians also have almost thrice as many billionaires as chinese in the Forbes richest people of the world. It's scary that Indians in usa went up 51% in millionaries last year alone and jews went up 28%.

Look man, the chinese are DEFINITELY doing well in Mauritius and some do well here too, but unfortunately they are WAY BEHIND arabs, jews and indians in education and wealth in North America and Europe.

BWAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHAAAA!

Wow! You took my CLEARLY facetious post seriously. Wow!

You compared Indians and Chinese in Singapore and Mauratius?!! HAHAHAHAHAH! That's the best you can do?

Dude, you literally just PWNED youself. hahahaaa

Not only did you prove that you have probably the biggest inferiority complex imaginable, but you also proved how WORTHLESS your previous posts with zero evidence are, if this is the best post you can create with half-assed sources.

I guess it sucks for you that Indians, arabs, jews and europeans make more money and are better educated that chinese in NORTH AMERICA and EUROPE, NOT mauritius and singapore though, awww.

Ah yes, Jews/Indians have higher literacy rates, higher gdp per capita and better representation in academic and scholastic activity than chinese. I'm glad you cited that the american Olympiad team had a few more chinese here and there, but results show almost every academic state competition in english and sciences has a majority of indians, jews and europeans! In addition, indian and jewish students have a trend of fast-tracking through school and are only focused on getting into professional school! This shows in statistics because the proportion of jews/indians getting admitted to professional schools of Medicine, Law, Dentistry, and most other programs is much much higher than chinese students!

Arabs, Indians and jews have close to 1.5 times a higher gdp per capita than chinese citizens in north america. Indians also have almost thrice as many billionaires as chinese in the Forbes richest people of the world. It's scary that Indians in usa went up 51% in millionaries last year alone and jews went up 28%.

Look man, the chinese are DEFINITELY doing well in Mauritius and some do well here too, but unfortunately they are WAY BEHIND arabs, jews and indians in education and wealth in North America and Europe.

Jews are the most successful group in North America, and the world in General. That I agree with.

Few global economists would think Arabs and Indians are generally that successful at the moment. Though as minority groups in the west, some select groups do very well no doubt. Chinese populations, probably due to group work ethics, homogeneity, and a relatively low cultural propensity to be involved in overt crime, are essentially a solid middle/upper middle class society in every country they are in. And several majority ethnic chinese countries/self governing entities are in fact very successful - taiwan, singapore, hong kong, macau. Not to mention the business sector in INdonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, the Phillipines, and Vietnam are also almost entirely in ethnic Chinese hands.

I state facts. You hate chinese, moslems, and women and seem to love drugs. Great. You will make a wonderful physician. ;-) Idiot.

Jews are the most successful group in North America, and the world in General. That I agree with.

I agree that chinese are faring minimally better than other ethnicities in mauritius and singapore.

However, in North America and Europe, jewish, arabs and indians are consistently at the upper class of wealth and literacy. Chinese are solid low to middle classes in these countries. Economists also generally agree with this view also. Jews and Indians also seem to have the lowest crime rates in north america and europe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with chinese being lower in income and literacy in north america and europe. They're not poverty stricken or anything. In fact a good deal of ethnic chinese do very well. However, they clearly lag behind jews and indians overall.

I usually never get into inflammatory discussions, but this discussion between RAW and sfinch is absolutely ridiculous!

What do you seek to gain from *proving* which ethnic group does better economically in North America? If would be different if the banter was actually leading in a positive direction (e.g., to ascertain which groups within our population are in most need of targeted interventions), but there is nothing constructive about your discussion at all.

If you are both really passionate about battling it out and trying to attain a "supreme race" status - please do so in your private inboxes. For two people who are fairly highly educated, I'm shocked that you would put down entire races for no reason whatsoever.

Anyone who has ever used Google will attest to the fact that "evidence" for either point-of-view can be obtained fairly easily. So please just stop. No one is benefiting from your inflammatory war of words.

/Peace out.

Look, I'm not trying to establish the supremacy of any ethnicity. I myself am of mixed race and I haven't even mentioned them (my parents are from south-america).

But sfinch generalizes, is racist, and imposes lies as being facts.

He can't admit that other ethnicities in our land are wealthier than his ethnicity.

Jewish Americans also tend to have a higher average income than most Americans. The 2000-2001 National Jewish Population Survey shows that the median income of a Jewish family is $54,000 a year and 36% of Jewish households report income over $75,000 a year.

Indians have the highest educational qualifications of all ethnic groups in the US. Almost 70% of all Indians have a bachelor’s or high degree (compared to 28% nationally and 44% average for all Asian American groups). Almost 40% of all Indians in the United States have a master’s, doctorate or other professional degree, which is five times the national average .According to the 2000 U.S. Census, Indian American men had "the highest year-round, full-time median earnings also. And in addition to this, it's predicted that Indians are only going to INCREASE these numbers still in the 2010 census.

The arabs have a lower level of literacy and academic achievement to asians, however they have higher per capita earnings still.

He generalizes about whites and made literally racist remarks about white intelligence. He writes like a snob about drugs and other issues.

I just made it evident that he does all of this. There's pre-meds here who'll think the stuff he says is true because he writes with an assertive tone. I need to let them know jews/indians/arabs make more money than chinese; that not all white towns are hick or racist; that you shouldn't accept laws as perfect; and most importantly you can't GENERALIZE!

I'm glad the 2013 meds on here can see the childish and immature behaviour of sfinch.

Archived