Premed 101 Forums

going to call

Guest diencephalon

Guest diencephalon

After waiting 4 weeks for a response via email (which I sent twice), I've got no response so I think Im going to call...unfortunatly at the Ottawa website, I cant the phone number for the admissions office.

If anyone can post it up that'd great!

Cheers,

Diencephalon

Guest diencephalon

OK I found this from www.medicine.uottawa.ca/e...taff.html:

Admissions

Hébert, Dr. Richard 2046 5409 rlhebert@uottawa.ca

Racine, Nicole 2046D 5409 nracine@uottawa.ca

Lebel, Nina 2046 5409 admissmd@uottawa.ca

I am assuming that "2046" is the room number, and 5409 is the extension no....but I cant find the root phone number.

Also, does anyone know who I should ask for?

thanks

dienceph

Guest aesir

Is their admissions office on the main campus? If so, the base number would be 613-562-5700. It still may be even if it is at the OHGC.

Be sure to post any info you may find! Inquiring minds after all ;P

Guest MayFlower

diencephalon,

What was the purpose of your email? Why are you trying to contact admissions? Depending on the nature of your inquiry, you might want to be cautious with respect to your contact as well as who you contact...take it from me...I asked for feedback on my interview/application and got, as you probably have read in older threads, an incredibly interesting response...

MayFlower

Guest diencephalon

Hi Mayflower,

I was just going to call and ask them some questions about the admissions process that I haven't been able to find the answers to such as:

1) is it a 50%wGPA and 50% sketch that gets you an interview or 60/40 etc?

2) once at the interview stage, does the fact that you live in Ottawa, in province, matter or is every one treated equally?

3) Discrepencies between this and last years application i.e. this year's has gotten very cold - they dont ask you to explain "what you've learned, how it benifited you" etc... I just want to know that if we have room, would it be appropriate to explain the above.

I hope they dont think Im some crazy ass - this is my first time applying and I really dont want them to yell at me (I get a gut feeling they hate pre-meds who ask questions)

Is this ok? Whom should I ask? (I already know better than to ask the guy called Hebert :) )

Cheers,

Diencephalon

Guest MayFlower

Diencephalon,

I've heard other people asking such questions and they were answered...although I can't speak for Ottawa admissions, I can't imagine why they would get upset at that...although, I must admit, I couldn't understand why they got upset that I asked for feedback on my interview/application this year...perhaps I caught them on a bad day :)

MayFlower

Archived