Do you have glasses?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have glasses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only for reading
    • Other.

^ What?

And yes a good portion of people in med school do wear glasses.

I just went for a check-up with an optometrist, and first question she asked me was: Are you studying and if so, what field?

When I said med, she told me most people that have to study that much from textbooks etc, will need glasses, simply because of the shear amount of time they have to spend looking at something 30 cm from their face.

I know my vision used to be great, but the MCAT scarred it forever lol

Genetically affected eh? Want to post some pedigrees to find the type of heredity?

Um, what?

..because of the shear amount of time..

shear, hahaha, hilarious. sheer vs shear.

And you know you're not studying enough when you don't have glasses yet, lol.

My guess is he's doing an engineering material science class.

When did I mention I was in engineering...

The formulas are in the context of hemodynamics. You don't have to know how to apply them though. We only need to understand what determines if a fluid is a "Newtonian" fluid or not, and that formula happened to be used... Only the general concepts matter :D

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i got lasik, and all of a sudden it seems like i got 5 years younger when i stopped wearing glasses??? haha, i took the original lenses out and put in plain lenses and still wear them occasionally for the "age effect"...

I don't wear glasses but considering it, seeming yesterday a patient's family member spontaneously had to say "Wow, you look so young!" followed again 5 mins later by "I'm sorry but I have to ask how old you are?" :o

I'm pretty sure I got my bad vision from using computers/video-games too much when I was a kid, all my family has good vision and I went from like a -.50 to a -4.5 over 6 months when I was in elementary... before Lasik, I was encroaching -8 and getting new glasses every 6 months.

Well, since I've had glasses since I was 13, and my dad and all my siblings have glasses, it's probably not studying or program related in my case.

I'm pretty sure I got my bad vision from using computers/video-games too much when I was a kid, all my family has good vision and I went from like a -.50 to a -4.5 over 6 months when I was in elementary... before Lasik, I was encroaching -8 and getting new glasses every 6 months.

muse, wtf, change your display picture back. you went from dark, sombre philosopher to very happy weird thing.

I went from like a -.50 to a -4.5 over 6 months when I was in elementary

Wow, that's a pretty drastic change

muse, wtf, change your display picture back. you went from dark, sombre philosopher to very happy weird thing.

I like it better, I find it oddly creepy. Is it from the same thing as TheLaw's display picture?

haha, that's funny, I'm a goofball in real life! I just came back from doing a Bill hicksishesque improv of bill clintons sex speech at a speaking thing, maybe I need to post on less serious topics so I can better promote a more idiotic image of myself, lol.

I remember and the remix of hybrid - unfinished symphony : amazing ... Ghosts n stuff w rob squire is sick too... N if ur feeling nasty try hey baby w/ melleefresh!

I've heard people talk of him, I just listened to deadmau5 for the first time right now, and I really like itt, hahah. thank you muse.

now change your dp.

Archived