Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interview invite!!! OOP!!!

This is amazing, my first med school interview ever!

Do you guys see your NAQ and AQ marks? I can't seem to find them :s

Congrats everyone!

You only get to see them if you don't get accepted, so hope you don't ever know them!

Congratulations on your interview invite.

Now go rock your Dalhousie interview! :)

Thanks so much!

Now that I'm a little calmer:

I just wanted to say to those of you who did not receive an interview this year to keep trying. The first year I applied to UBC, I was no where near where I needed to be to get an interview. Last year, I missed the cut-off by less than a point. Like Mayan said, I really think how you word things is important.

Good luck with the rest of your applications!

Thanks so much!

Now that I'm a little calmer:

I just wanted to say to those of you who did not receive an interview this year to keep trying. The first year I applied to UBC, I was no where near where I needed to be to get an interview. Last year, I missed the cut-off by less than a point. Like Mayan said, I really think how you word things is important.

Good luck with the rest of your applications!

I whole heartedly agree. This is my 3rd time as well and I totally reworded everything. Plus I think the fact that I used PM101 to get a leg up this time really helped too. If you're lurking, get out here and contribute!! Your application will be stronger the more you learn from your peers!!

For the 10 seconds I actually got internet in English lecture (I'm usually NEVER able to connect), I got an e-mail titled "Application Status" in my inbox. What a pleasant surprise after such a crappy week.

Honestly, I thought I wouldn't get one, especially with all the amazing people here who weren't offered an interview. But hey, I ain't complaining. I guess I'll be seeing some of you in 3 months.

Interview invite! I am SO SHOCKED!

IP

Cumulative: 89.2%

Last 60: 90.5%

Prereqs: 87.2%

I have to go to class now so I haven't checked whether or not hk and mav got an interview, but good luck to those guys!

You have a ridiculous average, you needn't have worried at all!

So do you want the good news or the bad news....

Bad news- I'm stuck in Manitoba and my plane is delayed...

Good news- I got an invite so I'm pretty stoked about that!

Oh, mithril dude you are golden my friend. Thanks for thinking of mav and I.

We'll talk about this interview weekend business later boys!

Congratulations everybody- I'm honored to be a part of this group.

Archived