Premed 101 Forums

Next 36 Hours

TheRiverWhy

"Decision updates are being entered over the next 36 hours for applicants of the International and Out-of-Province categories."

"Considering the number of applications, it will take some time to update these records, so we thank you for your understanding."

"FYI: "Reviewed Decision Pending" = application still being considered pending the possibility of an interview spot becoming available later."

From their Twitter. I thought it would be helpful for people to post once they receive their updates so we can keep informed about the process. This is sooner than I expected - I take it this means they will be sending out interview invitations?

Congrats Prion! I'm still listed as "ready for review." Was your status listed as "Further Review Required?"

Yes my applicant status changed to Further Review Required.

If your status hasn't changed yet, it definitely doesn't mean it's over. Like Ozzie said, they are still entering data.

do you guys know if the 3.9 cut off for oop applies to cumulative or basic sciences or both or what??....my cumulative is 3.93, but my basic sciences is 3.88...i just hope the 3.9 cut off applies to the cumulative gpa...btw my status says ready for review still i hope im not done :(

I think it applies to cumulative. That makes more sense I think.

What is it supposed to say if you got rejected? Or does it not change?

It says refused. I just checked and saw my status change. Good thing they still stressd they look at the entire application before cutting you off at a hard gpa cut...(sarcasm)

but congratulations to everyone that did receive interview invites today. It is quite the accomplishment.

on the admissions twitter it says they are closing at 3 today and then are closed until January 3rd. My status still says ready for review does this mean I wont find out until January 3rd? Have a lot of people heard anything? Or do most of you still have ready for review as well?

on the admissions twitter it says they are closing at 3 today and then are closed until January 3rd. My status still says ready for review does this mean I wont find out until January 3rd? Have a lot of people heard anything? Or do most of you still have ready for review as well?

I think it may mean that you're either on an interview waiting list or that they haven't had a chance to update your account.

Mine says "refused" too. I was pretty confident I wouldn't get in, but figured there was an ok chance I'd get interviewed.

GPA 4.0, 3 research jobs and a couple publications and some TAing/tutoring. Apart from that no real ECs. I think my CV/abstract might have been poorly written, but who knows.

Ouch. I am sorry. Did you feel like you wrote a good abstract?

I did, now I am second guessing myself. Like masaraksh I didn't have a whole lot of hope for this app seeing as there are so few spots and so many applicants, but it is my first refusal so it does shake the already shaky confidence for my other apps..

But congrats to everyone who received OOP invites, an accomplishment in itself!

Mine says "refused" too. I was pretty confident I wouldn't get in, but figured there was an ok chance I'd get interviewed.

GPA 4.0, 3 research jobs and a couple publications and some TAing/tutoring. Apart from that no real ECs. I think my CV/abstract might have been poorly written, but who knows.

Congratulations to all who get interviews. More thanks to those who share their experience, happy or sad. With this kind of applicant-to-spot ratio, a rejection means nothing but encouragement for the next try.

Masaraksh, I really don't know how much better one could be than your background -- 4.0, research with publications, and TAs, and given all references have to be good (why bother wasting the time screwing your student up). The only thing I can think of is that your HIGHLIGHT doesn't exhibite your background properly. Good luck on your other choices.

Congratulations to all who get interviews. More thanks to those who share their experience, happy or sad. With this kind of applicant-to-spot ratio, a rejection means nothing but encouragement for the next try.

Masaraksh, I really don't know how much better one could be than your background -- 4.0, research with publications, and TAs, and given all references have to be good (why bother wasting the time screwing your student up). The only thing I can think of is that your HIGHLIGHT doesn't exhibite your background properly. Good luck on your other choices.

Well I do lack ECs like being on the exec or council of student clubs and organizations... which is not very good.

Archived