Premed 101 Forums

CEGEP grades in Academic History for MEDOAS

velocity35

I don't think you need to enter your CEGEP grades. I didn't need to do it for last year admission and I sincerely think McGill will have access to your note transcript from your CEGEP with your r score or from the Ministère de l'Éducation.

I think they look at two information for grades: one is the official records and the other is our self-reported grades. Since I did my CEGEP here and I did my bachelor's at McGill, I really don't understand the point of having us self-report grades.

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting-your-applciation/academic-records-mdcm-joint-programs

"In addition to the official academic records, applicants are required to self-report their post-secondary academic history via the MedOAS system, according to the instructions presented here. This information must be up-to-date and complete by the relevant application deadline. Your McGill ID number must be included in the identification section by the application deadline."

Post-secondary includes CEGEP. I guess I'll email the admissions office? I'm guessing we just click on "CEGEP" from the drop down menu but I just wanted to make sure since they don't have individual CEGEP names.

From what I understood, if you're applying to either the to M.D.C.M. or Joint Programs you don't have to report your grades from CEGEP. You can find the following on the website:

CEGEP transcripts

Students who have studied in Quebec CEGEP institutions need only ensure that their valid Quebec Ministry of Education Permanent Code (Perm Code) has been submitted at the time of application, the CEGEP transcript need not be submitted.

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting-your-applciation/academic-records-mdcm-joint-programs

I'll call as well and when I hear back, will let u know if we need to self report CEGEP as well...

:)

I think you're misunderstanding the information regarding the CEGEP transcripts. You're not required to submit an official transcript (as in physical copies of a transcript) but you are required to self report CEGEP so they can make sure you have taken the prereqs. The only people exempt from self-reporting CEGEP are the kids who are applying directly from CEGEP into Med-P.

I applied early and self-reported CEGEP.

Archived