Premed 101 Forums

Iphone ecg

sorry if this is a repost or old news i just found out about this.

also im just a paramedic so its a little bit cooler for me than a doc i guess?!?!?

here it is, whatcha think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am-yqoRqF_M&feature=player_embedded

2 lead ecg for iphone, wouldnt trust it yet but sure would be great if it could then be transmitted to the hospital (not all systems can do this with our lifepaks)

id probably use it more for fun if i could afford an iphoneor a quick way to get that rhythm saved on your phone so you can take it home to research later

http://www.peterjbentley.com/istethoscope.html

wow im way back in the technology age here. i think this probably sucks though, any reviews?

sorry, im not a salesman, just bored at work ;)

How can "massive demand" lead to it not being available from the app store? Its not like they're shipping something that needs to be manufactured and the factory can't keep up with demand...

1) 2-lead ECG works fine and is as useful as a 2-lead ECG can be (i.e. you'd see gross abnormalities and you wouldn't be able to localize). I mean, the technology behind ECGs is decades-old, and the quality of ECG readings haven't improved much.

2) the 'iStethscope' is obviously crap, it essentially amplifies noise and that's about it. Novelty purposes only. THOUGH, the idea behind it - that you can record heart sounds and upload it/view it for analysis, is of course intriguing. I can imagine an electronic stethoscope that hooks up to the iPhone (via bluetooth maybe?) to send the audiograms.

1) 2-lead ECG works fine and is as useful as a 2-lead ECG can be (i.e. you'd see gross abnormalities and you wouldn't be able to localize). I mean, the technology behind ECGs is decades-old, and the quality of ECG readings haven't improved much.

2) the 'iStethscope' is obviously crap, it essentially amplifies noise and that's about it. Novelty purposes only. THOUGH, the idea behind it - that you can record heart sounds and upload it/view it for analysis, is of course intriguing. I can imagine an electronic stethoscope that hooks up to the iPhone (via bluetooth maybe?) to send the audiograms.

My stethoscope has that capability for #2 so that is already out there :)

Archived