Premed 101 Forums

pre-invite anxiety...anyone?

I think it is quiet because it is beginning of term. Either everyone has his or her 'nose to the grindstone' or he/she is avoiding this place so as not to increase anxiety.

Do your best to relax. Distract yourself. The end of the month will be here before we know it (almost halfway through January already!!!!).

I think it is quiet because it is beginning of term. Either everyone has his or her 'nose to the grindstone' or he/she is avoiding this place so as not to increase anxiety.

Do your best to relax. Distract yourself. The end of the month will be here before we know it (almost halfway through January already!!!!).

Yeah - traditionally this is a bit of dead time for the forum. Not many questions to answer when those that applied are in the middle things, and those that haven't have 8 months or so to go :)

I'm preparing for interview regardless of whether I'm invited or not. I find that practicing interview questions and reading about ethics is really fun and improves my critical thinking ability in general, not just for getting into medicine. If you are anxious, try to work on your interview skill. Direct your energy to improve your chance rather than being anxious. Good luck and hope you get an interview!

you're not alone in being nervous. so much time, effort, money, and energy has been expended in this process. to say that you shouldn't be nervous or worried is malarkey.

i think the best advice is to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. i am anticipating rejections and making alternate career plans or deciding if i want to try this again.

• 2 weeks later...

Nervous, but only a bit. I'm more nervous for the MMI I have at UBC.

I've been through this a few times already (unsuccessfully), and each year I am more jaded, and less stressed. I think I stand a good chance at getting an interview at UofC and maybe UofA as well, but who knows. This whole process is baffling, and I would not be surprised much if I had no interviews in Alta.

:)

To be honest, I thought interview invites don't come out till march for some reason so I haven't been thinking about it at all (What happy days those were). But after I got my interview day for NOSOM last week and found out I didn't meet western's cutoff, I've been checking my e-mail and premed 101 every few hours...AHHHH lol

Nervous, but only a bit. I'm more nervous for the MMI I have at UBC.

I've been through this a few times already (unsuccessfully), and each year I am more jaded, and less stressed. I think I stand a good chance at getting an interview at UofC and maybe UofA as well, but who knows. This whole process is baffling, and I would not be surprised much if I had no interviews in Alta.

:)

I am in the same boat as you. I am much more nervous for the UBC interview than invites/rejections from the Alberta schools... probably because the UBC interview is the only thing I that I have any control over (in regards to preparation) and my pending applications are now out of my hands (and hopefully into the hands of a warm jakehiebert1 wanting admissions person).

As an OOP I am prepared for rejection but have traces of hope still.

All the best to everyone,

-Jake

Archived