Premed 101 Forums

Awkward/funny date experiences

anastasia

This could be a fun thread

I went to starbucks with a very nice guy who was into photography and he had a flickr account. I was a little nervous so I was stumbling over my words. What I *MEANT* to tell him was that I visit his flickr page a lot because he has a lot of really nice shots. What I actually told him was that I creep his FACEBOOK pictures a lot. "Like, every day."....... he handled that one quite well actually, while I was trying to save myself...

After Starbucks we went to see Shutter Island. About half way through the movie I was starving and was trying to drown the hunger with water. That didn't work, because my stomach began to growl so loud I'm sure people in the seats behind us could hear it.

We're just friends now...

This could be a fun thread

I went to starbucks with a very nice guy who was into photography and he had a flickr account. I was a little nervous so I was stumbling over my words. What I *MEANT* to tell him was that I visit his flickr page a lot because he has a lot of really nice shots. What I actually told him was that I creep his FACEBOOK pictures a lot. "Like, every day."....... he handled that one quite well actually, while I was trying to save myself...

After Starbucks we went to see Shutter Island. About half way through the movie I was starving and was trying to drown the hunger with water. That didn't work, because my stomach began to growl so loud I'm sure people in the seats behind us could hear it.

We're just friends now...

Bahahahaa. I must be really tired because I read "After Starbucks we went to the Shutter Island" and I was like "Really? There is a shutter island somewhere here?" :P

Hey at least you didn't have to listen to this guy talk about cats for 4 hours. :rolleyes: - and this was AFTER I told him I don't particularly like cats. The other time, I was bored, so I pretended I had neglect to get rid of the guy. Guess what? He never called me again. LOL. Mission accomplished.

how could someone talk about cats for FOUR hours?!

how could you not? they're the cutest things on earth.

wrt to the thread, you guys should google 'Malodrax worst date.' I was laughing at that for days. I won't post a link because it's very inappropriate. It's also NSFW so read with discretion. Oh, apparently he's a Canadian medical student too.

wrt to the thread, you guys should google 'Malodrax worst date.' I was laughing at that for days. I won't post a link because it's very inappropriate. It's also NSFW so read with discretion. Oh, apparently he's a Canadian medical student too.

I just finished reading that story.... oh my goodness

I laughed until I cried

And here I thought that was a wonderful evening :(

Is that why you're not returning my calls?

I had a guy tell me he had serious "mommy issues" and erectile dysfunction on a first date.

I started debating stabbing myself with a fork in the bathroom so I could have an easy out.

Edit: Focus - Went out for dinner on a "blind date" (long story how it happened). I get there and she decided to make it a double date with her friend and her long-term boyfriend. I figured this was a red-flag and it was going to be a pretty awkward night - I was right.

Most of the night is spent with the two girls talking while me and the bf exchanged small talk. Then couple starts fighting, the guys girlfriend starts flirting with me, the bf encourages her to head home with me etc. I just kept quiet and tried to enjoy my steak and not get involved. I never really did talk to my "actual date" all that much.

As my actual date and I leave together we're on the skytrain and my stop was before hers so as it gets close I give a fairly awkward goodbye, and then this exchange takes place:

Her - "Where are you going?"

Me - "This is my stop, I'm heading home"

Her - "What, why? I thought you were coming to stay the night with me?"

Me - "..Oh...well I guess I am"

So it ended up with a happy ending, but really one of the most awkward dates I've ever been on.

Edit: Focus - Went out for dinner on a "blind date" (long story how it happened). I get there and she decided to make it a double date with her friend and her long-term boyfriend. I figured this was a red-flag and it was going to be a pretty awkward night - I was right.

Most of the night is spent with the two girls talking while me and the bf exchanged small talk. Then couple starts fighting, the guys girlfriend starts flirting with me, the bf encourages her to head home with me etc. I just kept quiet and tried to enjoy my steak and not get involved. I never really did talk to my "actual date" all that much.

As my actual date and I leave together we're on the skytrain and my stop was before hers so as it gets close I give a fairly awkward goodbye, and then this exchange takes place:

So it ended up with a happy ending, but really one of the most awkward dates I've ever been on.

and kids, that's how i met your mother.

edit: i felt like a jerk leaving just that statement so i figured i'd add that i was joking in case anybody missed that. unless that is really how mav met the mother of his children... in which case- i applaud you.

I had a girl hitting on me last semester. She was a relatively close friend but was definitely not my type and I was left struggling to close it nicely before she actually asked and I had to say no and make everything extremely awkward since we are in the same professional setting as well. At one point she was following me around campus for no reason with eyes like this (Swear to God, that's the cartoon that jumped into my head). :s

I tried everything possible to show that I'm not interested. Eventually I had to jump on the wrong bus just to get away. She got the message afterwards though.

Nice.

10char

Malodrax has quite a wikipedia entry.

Does anyone have any good M-bomb stories? For guys it's a chick magnet, but for girls it's a man-repellant.

I was out at a bar with a couple of girlfriends, two of us are doctors, one is a PhD. A guy starts chatting us up and asks what we do. After we answered "doctor, doctor, PhD", he just got up and walked away!

I'm glad I met my husband before starting med school!

HAHAHAHAHA! Felt a little inadequate, did he?

I hope to be able to tell such a tale someday ;)

Does anyone have any good M-bomb stories? For guys it's a chick magnet, but for girls it's a man-repellant.

I was out at a bar with a couple of girlfriends, two of us are doctors, one is a PhD. A guy starts chatting us up and asks what we do. After we answered "doctor, doctor, PhD", he just got up and walked away!

NOW she tells me!!!! *sob*

I generally don't find lying a good way to start a relationship.

Of course. :) Men who are not confident and self assured with reason based upon their own accomplishments or lack of accomplishments will run - and this is actually a good thing. Just be careful, when you see a man in uniform, make sure he has the credentials and is not a phony. :)

The right kind of man will be attracted to the qualities that lie behind those accomplishments.

Of course. :) Men who are not confident and self assured with reason based upon their own accomplishments or lack of accomplishments will run - and this is actually a good thing. Just be careful, when you see a man in uniform, make sure he has the credentials and is not a phony. :)

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of the women in this forum have left/are leaving their male SO, while the guys in the forum are relatively secure in their relationships. :(

This is quite the threadjack. Sorry, OP.

I once knew a guy who was starting to plan our future before things even took off. He also whined about being single for the last 3 years and told me some really personal things after maybe a week of talking. I told him I had a huge crush on Rupert Grint and he got upset about it.

I got outta there fast..

good call on that one!

I once knew a guy who was starting to plan our future before things even took off. He also whined about being single for the last 3 years and told me some really personal things after maybe a week of talking. I told him I had a huge crush on Rupert Grint and he got upset about it.

I got outta there fast..

I got outta there fast..

whoa. It's *usually* the girls that do that....

/flees thread :D

Archived