Premed 101 Forums

Interview Offers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected OOP

I was fighting an uphill battle with my GPA and MCAT score, so I kind of expected it. Hopefully next year I'm able to increase one of the two scores to give me a fighting chance!

Good luck to everyone that got an interview!

And for those on the waitlist- cross your fingers!

Rejected.

IP

cGPA 3.51

VR=10

Master's Degree.

Did not expect much considering my stats. I applied before my MCAT score was in. I knew I would have to get at least an 11 in VR to compensate for my cGPA. Figured I would since I consistently scored 11+ with practice tests. Really did feel I aced most of CASPER minus one question. Oh well, I guess others aced CASPER as well and there are just a ton of qualified applicants.

Plus I heard McMaster sucks anyway!;)

Rejected OOP

I was fighting an uphill battle with my GPA and MCAT score, so I kind of expected it. Hopefully next year I'm able to increase one of the two scores to give me a fighting chance!

Good luck to everyone that got an interview!

And for those on the waitlist- cross your fingers!

But evidently, it's not even your GPA and your VR score that is as much of a concern. I mean no offense to some of the posters here (who I really am happy for), but some of the interviewees have lower GPAs and/or VR scores, but must have done amazingly well in their CASPer, and some rejectees have higher numbers but must have not done well on the CASPer (I sure as hell didn't)

So, for next year, focus just as much on CASPer prep, and hopefully by this time 2012, you'll get that invite!

Accepted for interview, March 27

cGPA 3.65

Verbal 13

CASPer felt good, and I guess it went quite well because my cGPA is pretty crap.

My sister also got invited (!!!!!), and her stats were

cGPA 3.7

Verbal 10

CASPer same as me, so hard to tell.

Both of us got our invitations at 10:30 am....hopefully that doesn't mean that those of you who haven't yet heard won't be invited. Maybe they do two batches of acceptances? Anyways, good luck to all the others who got interviews, and so sorry to those that didn't...I know so many ppl that didn't interview one year, and then got in the next. Keep trying!!!!

absolutely shocked to be invited.

IP

cGPA 3.45 <-- thus the shock

VR 11 or 10, depending on which MCAT they looked at

I'm just f***ing lucky...I'm posting this to encourage people to apply even when they think they have a snowball's chance in hell. I guess casper must have gone better than I thought.

absolutely shocked to be invited.

IP

cGPA 3.45 <-- thus the shock

VR 11 or 10, depending on which MCAT they looked at

I'm just f***ing lucky...I'm posting this to encourage people to apply even when they think they have a snowball's chance in hell. I guess casper must have gone better than I thought.

I think they look at the higher VR. At least I hope so. Otherwise it means that even with a higher VR I might still have no chance! Congrats btw.

Archived