• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invited for interview

March 26th

cGPA: 3.68

VR: 11

IP*, Graduated in '09

I did not expect an interview, because of my GPA and because I felt I did badly on CASPer.

(*I applied as OOP because I went to school in BC, and got a note from them saying that I qualify as IP. I guess each of the Ontario schools do this differently)

Rejected

cGPA: 3.84

VR: 10

I though CASPer went alright......I was wrong...

Congrats to those that got invites!

I'm in the same boat...

I thought CASPer went pretty well

same verbal score, cGPA a little lower at 3.77

I am really curious about what they were looking for in CASPer and how it was evaluated...I will probably never know

Not invited

OOP

VR 10

cGPA:3.92 (first degree); 3.76 (OMSAS, 2nd degree currently in progress) - I don't really know what the overall is

Kind of expected it, aside from being OOP, I don't think I did well on casper. Sad of course, but I guess it just means I have to focus more on doing well on my other interview. Good luck everyone!

Invited! March 26th

IP

cGPA: 3.92

V: 9 or 10? (not sure which one they took since I took the MCAT twice, 2nd time with a better overall score but lower verbal :( )

CASPer: thought it was just ok, didn't finish some questions, didn't have a great feeling but I guess I did well enough to overcome my low verbal :D

email time stamp: 10:24am

last name: Y

Excited to meet everyone!

It seems as though there are a lot less third years receiving interview invites this year....Do you think there was a little more partiality for fourth years' this year? Or am I just looking for something to ease rejection woes?
Well, I noticed that there seems to be more "mature" applicants being granted interviews as well. Maybe more years of living = more years of experience/maturity = better answers for CASPer = interview?

Archived