Premed 101 Forums

Interview Discussion 2011

I just logged on Bear Tracks for the first time in a while. My application status says: "This application Requires Action". Is that normal or is my application missing something?

Mine says that too. It has said that on mine since the beginning (Nov.). I am not really sure it means anything. People have speculated that it has to do with the receiving of transcripts, but my transcripts have been in before or at the same time as others whose beartracks does not have that... it's a mystery!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to Lupe's stats at the beginning of the thread, if you qualify for the Rural Applicant Pool, here were the acceptance stats:

cGPA: 3.78 avg (4.0 max)

Activities: 7.88 avg (13.53 max)

MCAT: 10.67 avg (12.00 max)

Writing Sample: P avg (S max)

Reference Letters: 3.38 avg (4.25 max)

Interview: 16.07 avg (19.64 max)

I hope the interview offers/rejections come out soon! I need to know if I'm going to be driving (or flying) like a maniac to get to/from provincials down near Calgary that weekend!

EDIT: for those of you wondering about the "action required" status- it was like that on my beartracks until I was officially rejected off the waitlist in September. So don't worry about it. As long as you sent in your transcript for your fall courses, you should be fine.

Someone from U of A just contacted one of my references. It seems like they are still reviewing some applications, and might not be sending out invites before Feb 21st.

Checking verifiers is an ongoing process that will probably be happening right up until the beginning of May or so. Some of mine were contacted near the end of April (after interviews), so it's not a major deal that they are still contacting some now. The way I thought of it then: obviously I'm still being considered or they wouldn't bother contacting them.

I only know of one of my verifiers that was contacted (although she was my verifier for numerous things). Most of the activities she was a verifier for were pretty major (one was for ~10,000hrs, another for about 900, and another for around 500), so perhaps they only check major ones, or perhaps it was just the luck of the draw that she was contacted.

Hey cnb88,

Where did you get these statistics? The reason I ask is because I am pretty sure I was considered a rural applicant, however I never recieved last year's stats for the Rural Applicant Pool in my personal breakdown.

Well this waiting is making me get a little anxious. I was disappointed that I did not recieve an invite this year (again) for Uof C, especially since I increased my overall score by 8 points. Of course UofA has always been my number one choice but I don't like having all my eggs in one basket.

Good luck to everyone, we're only a week away from interview invites!

To add to Lupe's stats at the beginning of the thread, if you qualify for the Rural Applicant Pool, here were the acceptance stats:

cGPA: 3.78 avg (4.0 max)

Activities: 7.88 avg (13.53 max)

MCAT: 10.67 avg (12.00 max)

Writing Sample: P avg (S max)

Reference Letters: 3.38 avg (4.25 max)

Interview: 16.07 avg (19.64 max)

I hope the interview offers/rejections come out soon! I need to know if I'm going to be driving (or flying) like a maniac to get to/from provincials down near Calgary that weekend!

EDIT: for those of you wondering about the "action required" status- it was like that on my beartracks until I was officially rejected off the waitlist in September. So don't worry about it. As long as you sent in your transcript for your fall courses, you should be fine.

Hey cnb88,

Where did you get these statistics? The reason I ask is because I am pretty sure I was considered a rural applicant, however I never recieved last year's stats for the Rural Applicant Pool in my personal breakdown.

Well this waiting is making me get a little anxious. I was disappointed that I did not recieve an invite this year (again) for Uof C, especially since I increased my overall score by 8 points. Of course UofA has always been my number one choice but I don't like having all my eggs in one basket.

Good luck to everyone, we're only a week away from interview invites!

I received them in my personal breakdown after I was rejected off the waitlist last year in the official rejection letter (snail mail letter) I got in September. I know I qualified as "rural" because at the bottom right hand corner it says "Rural Pool", so I'm assuming those are the stats for the rural accepted applicants.

I'm hoping for good news next week- it's been a roller coaster year so far for me (and it's only the middle of February!) so I'm hoping things will look up (and stay up!).

Good luck everyone! :)

I pm'd you because for some reason (obviously not now) I couldn't post on the forum.

Is there anyone who thought they would be considered a rural applicant but on their rejection letter it said you were in the 4th year applicant pool ? I plan on calling admissions to clarify this.

I received them in my personal breakdown after I was rejected off the waitlist last year in the official rejection letter (snail mail letter) I got in September. I know I qualified as "rural" because at the bottom right hand corner it says "Rural Pool", so I'm assuming those are the stats for the rural accepted applicants.

I'm hoping for good news next week- it's been a roller coaster year so far for me (and it's only the middle of February!) so I'm hoping things will look up (and stay up!).

Good luck everyone! :)

I got an email today from "Eva Bell" with some job offer/spam mail... My heart jumped so high when I saw I had something in my inbox!! I was so choked it was just spam!
lol

I get those all the time from UofA. But then gmail sorts them into spam, so I don't get a new mail indicator.

And to think that they could relieve all of this anxiety by just sending out the invites/rejections already.

My guess is that interviews will come out on February 25. They came out the Friday of the end of Reading Week last year, so that's my guess for this year.

We should start an interview invite pool. The winner (or closest without going over;)) gets.... umm.... bragging rights:rolleyes:? lol

My guess is that interviews will come out on February 25. They came out the Friday of the end of Reading Week last year, so that's my guess for this year.

We should start an interview invite pool. The winner (or closest without going over;)) gets.... umm.... bragging rights:rolleyes:? lol

That would suck getting a UofA reject the day before your UofC interview. Could totally throw someone off their game.

I'm going to say the 22nd. They say it's going to be the week of the 21st and family day lands on the 21st. They wouldn't make us wait until the end of the week...would they... :eek:

Archived