Premed 101 Forums

Who would you like to shadow?

Boa

****THanks to whoever corrected the title :)

If you had the opportunity to shadow for one day an important figure in the medical field, who would it be?

Lemme start :

-Vilayanur S. Ramachandran / neurologist / famous for his works on phantom limb syndrome

- Jill Bolte Taylor / neuroanatomist / famous for

- Keith Black / neurosurgeon , chairman of the neurosurgery department and director of the Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! If I had a time machine, Hippocrates! Father of medicine :P Or Vesalius.

Other than that:

Hunter Adams (the man behind the Patch Adams film, I think he would be incredibly fun to shadow, he used to dress up as a clown to make kids happy)

OR

Jerome Groopman (Dina and Raphael Recanati Chair of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Chief of Experimental Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center).

Those are the main guys off the top of my head.

Ha! If I had a time machine, Hippocrates! Father of medicine :P Or Vesalius.

Other than that:

Hunter Adams (the man behind the Patch Adams film, I think he would be incredibly fun to shadow, he used to dress up as a clown to make kids happy)

OR

Jerome Groopman (Dina and Raphael Recanati Chair of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Chief of Experimental Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center).

Those are the main guys off the top of my head.

Words out that the guy is a douchebag in real life

Words out that the guy is a douchebag in real life

I'm not sure where you heard that from, but here is an interview with Hunter Adams:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080617105611/http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/greatergood/2008spring/Q_A054.html

He has done a lot of good, and regardless of any rumours, I'd love to meet him. He's an advocate of humanitarian clowning! And I think he's great :) He's the reason why I wanted to become a doctor in the first place.

-Vilayanur S. Ramachandran / neurologist / famous for his works on phantom limb syndrome

- Jill Bolte Taylor / neuroanatomist / famous for

- Keith Black / african american neurosurgeon , chairman of the neurosurgery department and director of the Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Umm?.. you don't need to point out he's 'african american' just as you didn't point out any of the other doctor's ethnicities. They're plenty black physicians including many whom are very famous.

I did a report on William Harvey when I was in grade 8, I was so fascinated!

William Harvey is definitely one of my favourites! Circulation :) He has his original works in the Yale library... I'm going to visit it one day. Don't think I can get my hands on it but the Yale library is amazing anyway!

seems like an interesting guy

I'm not sure where you heard that from, but here is an interview with Hunter Adams:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080617105611/http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/greatergood/2008spring/Q_A054.html

He has done a lot of good, and regardless of any rumours, I'd love to meet him. He's an advocate of humanitarian clowning! And I think he's great :) He's the reason why I wanted to become a doctor in the first place.

Umm?.. you don't need to point out he's 'african american' just as you didn't point out any of the other doctor's ethnicities. They're plenty black physicians including many whom are very famous.

Hey juice,

It's not really about him being african american. the reason I added him to my list it's because he's a neurosurgeon (and id like to be a neurologist). Yes he's black, and this is pretty cool becuz there arent a lot of black people in that field. And also you mentionned about other black physicians being famous, but the thread isnt about posting every single famous physicians, just a few i would really like to meet.

With that being said,

sorry if my post offended you.

Hey juice,

It's not really about him being african american. the reason I added him to my list it's because he's a neurosurgeon (and id like to be a neurologist). Yes he's black, and this is pretty cool becuz there arent a lot of black people in that field. And also you mentionned about other black physicians being famous, but the thread isnt about posting every single famous physicians, just a few i would really like to meet.

With that being said,

Hey juice,

With that being said,

Hey juice,

With that being said,

When I first read the title of this thread, I was reminded of those little ghosts in the original mario brothers that would follow you when you had your back to them, and then when you'd face them they'd act all inconspicuous-like. Anyone remember those?!?!?

LOL are you talking about ''Boo'' the ghosts in Mario64??

When I first read the title of this thread, I was reminded of those little ghosts in the original mario brothers that would follow you when you had your back to them, and then when you'd face them they'd act all inconspicuous-like. Anyone remember those?!?!?

Archived