Premed 101 Forums

First Choice: U of A or U of C

If you were accepted to both schools, which one would you choose?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you were accepted to both schools, which one would you choose?

• U of C Med
    • U of A Med

I'm still sticking by the post I made in the UofA thread.

I wish there was an "Undecided until I check out the schools on interview day" option, because that's the one I would select.

UofC did an excellent job selling their school/program, so I'm excited to see what UofA will be like.

My main concern is the 3 year program and whether I'd have enough time to select the right specialty.

I know there's mixed opinions about this but I've spoken to several current U of C students and they've all said that they felt a bit rushed. Basically if you know what specialty you want off the bat, then U of C is the way to go. However, if you would like some time in the summer to shadow and get a real feel for the various specialties, you will be better off at U of A.

The problem w/ me is that there's like 15 specialties that interest me, and I don't think I'll have enough time to explore them all at U of C. I do like the school and the atmosphere there, but U of A just feels right for me.

I am pretty sure I know what specialty I want, and I like U of C's more innovative approach to the pre clerkship curriculum, so if I wind up choosing between those two, I will most likely choose Calgary, bearing in mind that I haven't seen U of A yet, but I have seen Calgary.

This may be a biased poll since it is in the Calgary forum. In the same poll but in Alberta's forum Alberta is favored... Afterall, if people favor U of C they may only apply to U of C and only view the U of C forum on Premed101, same goes for those favoring Alberta... I bet this would yield more accurate results if it went in general discussions rather than in a school specific forum. Not that it really matters anyways I guess...

-Obsessing over May 13th-

Archived