Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if they would make any calls in the afternoon. It seems like they make a handful of calls at around 10AM and that's it lol. :(

Lol yeah. I feel exactly the same way. Everyday I see people posting in the morning and that's it lol. Any idea if they might call again tomorrow?

im starting to get a bit worried and angry right now? Is western always this slow lol?

Not historically lol But it does seem to be the trend this year for them. Remember, even last year, it took a week to get through high priority so we're still within the high priority stage. I'm hoping they get through the high priority list by Friday or Monday at the latest if they're following previous year's trends.

Not historically lol But it does seem to be the trend this year for them. Remember, even last year, it took a week to get through high priority so we're still within the high priority stage. I'm hoping they get through the high priority list by Friday or Monday at the latest if they're following previous year's trends.

This entire move the waitlist before the last day you can accept the initial offers is still a pretty new thing overall - until recently no one moved until that date - and I guess with the extra week as well this year (2 vs 3) things are feeling a bit more drawn out. Still for those still on the waitlist this would seem to be ultimately a good thing as more people would have left the list overall with offers etc from other schools :)

Good to see things are moving again though!

I agree with rmorelan...yes, the wait sucks (big time!) but the fact that they're drawn out will only help those who are only on UWO's waitlist. Admittedly, it's better if high-waitlisters get offers elsewhere and remove themselves but also still helpful if it's normal waitlisters. Take me for example: I was offered Queen's on Monday and I'm on UWO's normal waitlist. I decided to wait for any news from UWO before I accept Queen's but since my offer expires June 5th, I obviously will have to accept Queen's (and I'm happy with that :D)

I'm sure I'm not the only person in this position, and with UWO moving so slowly down their list, most people with offers elsewhere won't risk waiting, allowing for greater WL movement.

I know the wait sucks. I was only too recently praying, nay, begging God for an acceptance...but as long as there ARE enough empty spots the slow waitlist movement is a good thing (I'd only be worried if somehow there weren't that many empty spots, but I doubt that's the case because of the blog and the fact that it lends itself to the perception that there quite a lot of offers to be made in the upcoming weeks).

Don't lose hope (a certain Journey song that has been played to death comes to mind)!

I am trying to look at the waitlist movement in a positive manner.... since, all the offers that have been given so far appear to be to the London campus and since London is generally the more popular campus, can we assume that they have maybe not started giving out the Windsor offers yet, which means that there are likely a lot more seats left to be filled?

Historically, do most of the high wait listers receive offers to the London campus or does the wait list movement start with offers for Windsor?

I am just trying to see if there are more or less seats available than previous years based on the number of wait list offers given for London. Any thoughts?

I am trying to look at the waitlist movement in a positive manner.... since, all the offers that have been given so far appear to be to the London campus and since London is generally the more popular campus, can we assume that they have maybe not started giving out the Windsor offers yet, which means that there are likely a lot more seats left to be filled?

Historically, do most of the high wait listers receive offers to the London campus or does the wait list movement start with offers for Windsor?

I am just trying to see if there are more or less seats available than previous years based on the number of wait list offers given for London. Any thoughts?

I can only comment on what happened last year: all high priority offers were to London and the Windsor offers started going out to the regular waitlisters. It was the case that a few regular waitlisters got a windsor offer but were later offered a position in London when a London person dropped out. Either way, I would think you are right - lots more seats to come since they're still filling up London at the moment!

Thanks for your reply JediMaster. I was hoping this was abnormal and meant that there are more seats this year. Oh well... I guess only time will tell as to whether there are more or less seats this year.

Until then thanks to those of you who have been diligently tracking the facebook numbers. It helps me to try and stay sane... even though that's been almost impossible :(

Well for those of you who were hypothesizing that the waitlist offers might be coming in slowly right now since the June 1st deadline to respond hadn't passed, there might be something to it! Despite the fact that I sent in my response on May 5th and even got a response back from admissions, Pam emailed me today asking me for my contact information again - as in, somehow they hadn't gotten it on record. Weird. Anyways - this just shows that they are compiling everything - here's to high priority waitlist being exhausted tomorrow! :)

Well for those of you who were hypothesizing that the waitlist offers might be coming in slowly right now since the June 1st deadline to respond hadn't passed, there might be something to it! Despite the fact that I sent in my response on May 5th and even got a response back from admissions, Pam emailed me today asking me for my contact information again - as in, somehow they hadn't gotten it on record. Weird. Anyways - this just shows that they are compiling everything - here's to high priority waitlist being exhausted tomorrow! :)

I hope that means good news for you!! I'm just hoping they go fairly deep into the regular wait list. *crosses fingers*

Agreed, if anyone deserves some good news it's Jedi.

Well, I mean, Jedi has just been so close before, so every pm101er is going to feel some small victory if he (she?) gets in again...but according to me, you all deserve good news :)

Also be careful about using facebook as a head count. I noticed that some people are in the group of several med schools. I think they might've added themselves to every school they got accepted to and then did bother leaving the group.

You're right, I have noticed that, and have made a note of it. I don't think it's toooooo many people though? I'll go through all the groups again and count how many UWO people are also in other groups, and I'll report back either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Jedi you must have jumped when you got that e-mail!! I know the offers are sent by phone call but if I got an e-mail from UWO Medicine Admissions I would freak out for at least one second haha.

Jedi you must have jumped when you got that e-mail!! I know the offers are sent by phone call but if I got an e-mail from UWO Medicine Admissions I would freak out for at least one second haha.

Hey lol ya a little, although it doesn't say "Schulich Med" or anything, it actually says Pamela Bere and since we had corresponded earlier this week about the blog being updated (not to mention us corresponding all last summer lol) I wasn't jumping to conclusions when I saw her email. I was surprised though regardless.

You're right, I have noticed that, and have made a note of it. I don't think it's toooooo many people though? I'll go through all the groups again and count how many UWO people are also in other groups, and I'll report back either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Ws11 - I just want to say that currently you are my best friend for checking the fb group so diligently and keeping us up to date with the changes. You rule buddy.

Archived