Premed 101 Forums

The 2011 Waitlist

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, that will open up a new seat.

But people that are only on the waitlist might not get them because people accepted, but waitlisted at their first choice might be ranked higher.

I think the blog post about waitlist movement was basically saying that you shouldn't expect to get in at this time.

I'm sorry to those still waiting.

Good luck

Thanks for the info guys. Theoretically, if accepted people are being moved it means that there are some unfilled positions left. Which means that there is still hope. I already have an offer from Calgary, but still waiting for a spot in UBC as my wife and newborn are here and unable to move to Alberta with me.

Hey guys,

I've never posted before but I know some people must be wondering if there is still any waitlist movement....

I received an invite today to SMP. So there is still hope!

Good luck to anyone still waiting.

Haha! My friend was in SMP and just got an offer to VFMP!!! I wonder if that was her old spot!! lol!

Who cares??? Congrats :)

Hey Folks,

Well after quite some time trying and 2 rejections including last years waitlist debacle... I am finally off the waitlist offered a spot at SMP.

That being said... UBC was not my first choice and I have already begun settling into my new home... SO to whomever is out there looking for someone to give up their spot... have hope because even if you are not next on the list... many pps accepted at UBC have offers elsewhere and are giving them up... note I was IP.

Best of luck

Archived