Premed 101 Forums

The Waitlisted: 2011 Edition

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually a bit confused why UCan doesn't just automatically send out an acceptance to the next person in the wait list whenever someone declines a position. Maybe to give a grace period if someone clicks decline by accident?

I'm actually a bit confused why UCan doesn't just automatically send out an acceptance to the next person in the wait list whenever someone declines a position. Maybe to give a grace period if someone clicks decline by accident?

I don't think UCAN is set up to do it this year. Remember, this is only its second year in existence. It did not have the offer functionality last year, IIRC.

Re: WL: thanks chantelle for your post. That puts us at approximately 13-14 known IP offers out on the table. Couple that with a number of people taking themselves off the waiting list and it means that things should begin moving shortly. Dr Walker mentioned that he will post in the blog when WL offers will be made, and he was just being cautiously optimistic that it might be today, but more likely next week. I am banking on after the long weekend. boohoo!

I don't think UCAN is set up to do it this year. Remember, this is only its second year in existence. It did not have the offer functionality last year, IIRC.

Re: WL: thanks chantelle for your post. That puts us at approximately 13-14 known IP offers out on the table. Couple that with a number of people taking themselves off the waiting list and it means that things should begin moving shortly. Dr Walker mentioned that he will post in the blog when WL offers will be made, and he was just being cautiously optimistic that it might be today, but more likely next week. I am banking on after the long weekend. boohoo!

Hey LL,

I also know someone who was accepted, but will be deferring for the LIM program!:)

Best of Luck LL!, I have a good feeling this year!

According to Dr. Walker's blog, there may be waitlist movement starting tomorrow:

http://mdadmissions.ucalgaryblogs.ca/

"We will likely not be able to start moving the waitlist before tomorrow. It seems that a significant number of people are “sitting” on their offers until the last minute. I suspect many of those are already committed to going elsewhere, but I can’t really offer their spots until they are free for the taking. Stay tuned."

oh my....oh my!! I just got an offer

**falls off chair**

Wow!! I've been following this thread for a while, and I was rooting for you the whole time!! This is so amazing to see you succeed :)

Guess being waitlisted isn't the end of the world afterall!

CONGRATS! :D

oh my....oh my!! I just got an offer

**falls off chair**

Hooray!!!! You just made my day!! And your life!! Congratulations LL!

Don't listen to Para D. He's an exception, I'd help anyone else move.

I'm just wondering if they sent out a group of offers this afternoon or if they are trickling out one by one? I haven't received an offer and trying to figure out if there is still hope. Thanks.

Dr Walker mentioned in today's blog comments that 30 offers went out today. He also mentioned that they are waiting to hear on people who may or may not receive deferral for the LIM program, so those spots have not yet been offered but might still be up for grabs.

Archived