Premed 101 Forums

My thoughts on Fashion Trends

thehockeykid

What is with these fashion trends? I try not to judge but I have to get my thoughts out there on these kinds of looks this would be my outlet.

I know there was a thread about what not to wear to an interview so i thought I would give my thoughts on fashion, what not to wear.

Fashion I don't like

guys

-skinny jeans are so popular, imo looks so girlie eg. I tired on some hollister skinny jeans and I was just mind blown

-H&M shirts, t shirts are made to be so tight

-American apparel shirts what is with those deep v necks

-big prints on t shirts: i was never a fan of them, i prefer not to be a walking bill board. (hollister, American eagle, ect.)

-fluorescent clothing (this is not the 70s)

-50 era fitted caps, look dumb

-scarfs in summer

-short shorts

-boot cut jeans, they look like flare out jeans

-skater, hipster, gangster look.

-shoe laces as a belt loop

-duck tape wallet

-t shirts down to your knees

-tank tops (wife beater style) with jeans

-free shirts with some silly logo or text

-old shirts with sweat marks

-camouflage clothing (you are not in the jungle, your in a mall)

-

girls

-ppl wearing leggings as pants

-socks with sandals

-wearing their hair up, all tied up in some dirty knot

-shirts or dresses with some really bold print or colour that you will only wear once

-clogs

-sports bra, cover up when your at the gym.

-dressing like little kids eg. poka dots (too kiddish) or dressing like a guy seriously

Fashion I do like

guys

-casual dress shirt with jeans

-baseball tees

-darker wash jeans (straight cut)

-converse, vans

-watch

-long sleeve polos

-henley

-low cut socks (ankle socks)

Girls

-ruffled shirts

-tank tops

-jeans

-sequin pieces

-white pants

-blazers

Oh premed 101 members this is just my opinion on the fashion items, feel free to comment and tell me what you like or dont like about fashion.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I am secretly evil, but I was laughing so hard at the do not like portion, I was cackling. I love the part where you talk about girls wearing their hair in a knot especially (I don't do this on lazy days... <_<).

Priceless.

Things I like to wear

Casual:

Spring dresses

Cardigans

Capris with lacy tops

To work:

skinny jeans (dark denim), blazer, and tank top. Often my hair is loosely curled with braided hair headband.

Oops lol!

In my function as athlete/perpetual student, this is my daily wear when going to school/physio/training:

- converse or flip flops depending on weather

- either jeans or lululemon pants/capris

- tank tops or fitted tees

- sweater because who ever heard of a school with the correct temperature!

I like spring dresses but with my strong shoulders it's very hard to find any that fit, same for fitted jackets (still waiting on that one). I have a couple I wear.

I have really curly hair, but super thin and frizzy so it'll either be loose and curly, or tied up in a loose bun when the weather is too humid, maybe a headband too.

Then I have my nice heels I wear out once in a while, and finally a nice pair of dress pants I found 2 days before my interview!

Ahhh girls and their fashion trends... Good visuals LOL

Michelle i hear you about the dresses except for me its jeans or rather any type of pant but at least dress and suit pants typically fit a bit looser. I usually need to buy an extra 4" in the waist so they'll fit my legs.

Joys of being an athlete and muscular eh? Lol

yes, and in addition, everything old is new again. I am starting to vomit at the 80s trends that are returning....zany make up, wide shoulders, neon colours, leggings, jelly sandals, the horrific list goes on...

I haven't seen too many of my least favourites... fountain hair, spandex with neon stripes down the side, and jackets with heavy shoulder pads. A little, but not as much as I remember.

Still. I can't figure why anyone would revive the 80s.

I haven't seen too many of my least favourites... fountain hair, spandex with neon stripes down the side, and jackets with heavy shoulder pads. A little, but not as much as I remember.

Still. I can't figure why anyone would revive the 80s.

The misic was decent at least. That is if you like cheesey ballads and hair bands lol

The misic was decent at least. That is if you like cheesey ballads and hair bands lol

The music that has survived is decent. Mostly. That's only the stuff that made it. I remember the radio. I remember.

I am starting to vomit at the 80s trends that are returning....zany make up, wide shoulders, neon colours, leggings, jelly sandals, the horrific list goes on...

I am really feeling the neon nailpolish thing for summer. My toes are a crazy hot pink right now. But I like neon in moderation, and not much else from the '80s.

I am really feeling the neon nailpolish thing for summer. My toes are a crazy hot pink right now. But I like neon in moderation, and not much else from the '80s.

OOO essie has a wicked summer collection of nail polishes.

I love the "absolutely shore" colour, personally. So fun and beachy!

Maybe I'll try on some neon nailpolish this summer... and go crazy :P

P.S. Just watched this video about how to organize your closet. Such an easy tip (I love pursebuzz): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXbbvkiS-u4&feature=feedbul

Neon nail polish isn't new this year though, I've been wearing it for 3-4 years now (don't laugh, but I used to have hundreds of different colors lol). I used to change color every 2 days or so, there are fast-dry top coats you can use so it only took me about 10 minutes to be done and dry. I haven't worn any since last spring when my surgery was postponed and my world crashed down on me.

No, its not new, but I think this year the nail polish companies are trying to make it really trendy :)

I love the new formulas, everything dries much faster than when I was in high school! And topcoats are very durable, sometimes I get a week out of a manicure. Don't worry, I will not laugh at the size of your nail polish collection. Mine is in a toolbox but it doesn't even all fit... :D

No, its not new, but I think this year the nail polish companies are trying to make it really trendy :)

I love the new formulas, everything dries much faster than when I was in high school! And topcoats are very durable, sometimes I get a week out of a manicure. Don't worry, I will not laugh at the size of your nail polish collection. Mine is in a toolbox but it doesn't even all fit... :D

How are you two able to put on nail polish and NOT have finger prints all over it?! I am horrible when it come to drying nail polish.

Toolbox? lol I had 2 ikea office supply cabinets filled ;) I still have probably around 200 I can't part with even if I don't use them! The first company to really go big on neons was Color Club, then China Glaze and the others followed. I used to buy them online for like $2 a bottle, so much cheaper! Though there's no way I could've gotten a week of wear as 1) I got bored of the color too quick, and 2) swimming a lot isn't good for your nails! :D

^^^^ 200?! I am jealous!

My week-long mani was a flat grey with a bunch of different glitters on it, it was a full week instead of 4 days because I went out of town and didn't have time to redo my nails :)

My China Glaze neon polishes dry by the time I'm onto the next nail, seriously. I use Seche Vite topcoat on everything, and it is AMAZING! Smells awful but it dries 100% in 2 minutes tops. I love it even if it costs around $9, its worth it for me.

How are you two able to put on nail polish and NOT have finger prints all over it?! I am horrible when it come to drying nail polish.

Get yourself a quick-dry top coat, it's dry to the touch in a minute or 2, takes 10 minutes to be about dent-proof. If you have a Sally Beauty Supply nearby, they have Seche Vite or Poshe or Out the Door. If not, drugstores will probably have some Sally Hansen quick-dry. Huge time saver!

My China Glaze neon polish dries by the time I'm onto the next nail, seriously. I use Seche Vite topcoat, and it is AMAZING! Smells awful but it dries 100% in 2 minutes tops. I love it even if it costs around $9, its worth it for me.

Absolutely! My favorite top coat is a no-name one I bought from the US via a friend.. a huge bottle that will probably last til I die! SV is nice too.

Nail polish talk!!! Some premeds are girls who like having their nails done :P I'll post pics of some of my manis soon.

If you want to laugh a bit, I'll PM you the link to the nail blog I used to do or my flickr account.. did get me some free collections to review!

Archived