Premed 101 Forums

Official 2011/2012 Applicant Thread

thanks Future Doc for the advice on what to give references...

I am giving them a package with my autobiography ( tried to make 30 years entertaining and humorous...) transcripts, and copies of the school's mandate and what they are specifically looking for in an applicant ( highlighted parts, of course ) i also included a newspaper story written about my son and me, about our experiences at the new walk-in clinic. it seems like a lot of info to lay on people but i think come time to provide a ref, it will help them with questions.

but i have to get an interview first before my refs are even looked at! now on to tackle all those essay questions...

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure there are many of us willing to help. :)

Big thanks to future_doc. Has been a huge help to me with my non-academic portions of my app! :D :D

I highly recommend f_d if anyone needs help. Trustworthy, helpful and awesome.

Same goes for me...I'm here to help, threads and private messages alike, if anyone needs it. Especially since it appears that there aren't that many upper year Queen's students on the thread...but hopefully my fellow 2015 students and I will change that :)

Good luck applicants!

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to submit my prerequisites for University of Ottawa on the OMSAS website but I can't get it under the 300 character count limit. Do I need to specify if my courses have a lab component in them? Because at my school there isn't a separate credit given for labs. This is what my list looks like. I just don't know if I need to put the (with lab) under every entry. Any help would be much appreciated! I hate the OMSAS website!

B:BIOL1506 Biology 1 with lab-half, BIOL1507 Biology 2 with lab-half

H:HIST1206 Western Civilization 1-half, HIST1207 Western Civilization 2-half

C:CHMI1006 General Chem 1 with lab-half, CHMI1007 General Chem 2 with lab-half

O:CHMI2426 Organic Chem 1 with lab-half, CHMI2427 Organic Chem 2 with lab-half

I would do +lab for each instead of with lab

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to submit my prerequisites for University of Ottawa on the OMSAS website but I can't get it under the 300 character count limit. Do I need to specify if my courses have a lab component in them? Because at my school there isn't a separate credit given for labs. This is what my list looks like. I just don't know if I need to put the (with lab) under every entry. Any help would be much appreciated! I hate the OMSAS website!

Hey Guys,

I just listed all my pre-reqs without mentioning the lab component and then at the end of the list I iinserted "(BIO & CHEM include lab)" :P

hi everyone

i made a thread about this in the morning, but unfortunately i think not many people check the OMSAS section...............i'm wondering how one enters their summer grades into the OMSAS application. which year do I group them with and what to do if i run out of space? please help, thank you!

hi everyone

i made a thread about this in the morning, but unfortunately i think not many people check the OMSAS section...............i'm wondering how one enters their summer grades into the OMSAS application. which year do I group them with and what to do if i run out of space? please help, thank you!

i put summer grades under "supplemental"

i would also email omsas about the running out of space issue ;)

Hey guys, I have 2 questions regarding the detailed sketch. If I have an activity that last for 4 summers, do I put the total time as 4 years or 16 months?

Also, I'm engaged in an activity at a senior home from 2004-2006, but I was inactive until the summers of 2008 and 2009 (2 other different positions). Should I enter as 2 different sketches for the recent ones and mentioned the 2004-2006 in the detail section or should I just make it into one?

Thanks alot for the help :)

Archived