Premed 101 Forums

OSAP Question for western

The MD program is there when you search Medicine... you just have to click through something like 20 pages before you get the actual MD year 1 program. Long and tedious.

Maybe someone else has a better way of finding it??

Yeah it was like that last year :) Think we even had to ask for it to be added.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone entering med has applied to osap?

Thanks!

LOTS of people get OSAP and its highly recommended to us to do so. It's interest-free money (while you're in school) vs. line of credit money (which starts accruing interest the moment you spend some). AND depending on how much you are eligible to receive, there is a set limit you have to pay back, meaning amounts received beyond that limit are essentially yours to keep. It's definitely in your best interest to try to get as much "free" money as you can.

LOTS of people get OSAP and its highly recommended to us to do so. It's interest-free money (while you're in school) vs. line of credit money (which starts accruing interest the moment you spend some). AND depending on how much you are eligible to receive, there is a set limit you have to pay back, meaning amounts received beyond that limit are essentially yours to keep. It's definitely in your best interest to try to get as much "free" money as you can.

exactly - and we are talking thousands of dollars in free money here - I think it was about 7500 for me this year :)

exactly - and we are talking thousands of dollars in free money here - I think it was about 7500 for me this year :)

Offtopic, but I just wanted to say you are an awesome contribution to this board. I learn a lot when I read your posts.

Thank you!

Anyone know the deadline to apply for OSAP?

there really isn't one actually - you can apply even at the start of next year and be fine. Just a deadline if you want to use some of it DIRECTLY to pay tuition as opposed to paying it with your LOC and then using osap to pay that off etc.

side note osap seems to been upgraded now since it seems to already know what program I am in and how long it lasts. Filling it in now takes virtually no time at all :)

Hey guys, got a question here:

I filled and submitted my OSAP last week and sent by signature pages already. I couldn't find the MD program so I choose the option of filling in the program myself. Now I realize some info I filled in (i.e. start and end date) might not be exact, but I can't go back and change it now.

Do you guys think this will be a big problem? Should I call UWO and cancel it and fill out a new one?

Thanks again for any advice, and I appreciate your time.

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but no matter what I put in the "Keyword" section under the "Search for your Program" section I get absolutely nothing. Should I just enter the program name manually?

I'm getting the same thing. I tried other programs like "masters of science" and it still gave no result. I'm thinking they're updating their website. Maybe check back in a few days? I'll let you know once it works for me.

I'm getting the same thing. I tried other programs like "masters of science" and it still gave no result. I'm thinking they're updating their website. Maybe check back in a few days? I'll let you know once it works for me.

Hey guys, search for medicine, and then you have to hit next a few times, even tho it looks like there is no new pages, its further back, maybe 5 pages? You see a bunch of family med masters first , but it is there

See image depicted:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/24126010100267944040371.jpg

This was a screenshot of me searching for medicine on OSAP

hehehehe you would think that medicine would be first wouldn't you :)

But no, you have to hunt for it. Fortunately it is the last time you have to do that - in future years it will remember want program you are in.

Hey guys, search for medicine, and then you have to hit next a few times, even tho it looks like there is no new pages, its further back, maybe 5 pages? You see a bunch of family med masters first , but it is there

Here is what I get from OSAP when I search for medicine: "No match was found for the keywords that you entered. Click on "NEW SEARCH" to try again."

Again, I think they may be doing some sort of much needed maintenance on the website.

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but no matter what I put in the "Keyword" section under "Search for your Program" I get absolutely nothing. Should I just enter the program name manually?

Everything is good to go now :)

Archived