Premed 101 Forums

What is the best place to meet pretty smart girls that want to have a relationship.

sgt.pepper

what if you're good looking, smart but too shy to approach a girl..no luck for you then?

Don't be one of those "I'm super good looking and I know it and I'm so amazing" guys.

BTW. If you smile a lot, you come off as creepy. And blink. Please.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't be one of those "I'm super good looking and I know it and I'm so amazing" guys.

BTW. If you smile a lot, you come off as creepy. And blink. Please.

lol i was just stating it as a fact...i dont really act/think like that when conversing with anyone...however, its just that i find my introvertness very annoying...sometimes i cant think of a subject to talk about and it gets awkward...when im passionate about something i can talk well but i think i find it hard to talk about random things! which are often a subject of everyday conversations!

then talk about things your passionate about, every day talk is boring, i often bring up esoteric topics/unusual topics and ask people what they think of them, then if they're all confused or are are like uhhh huh, i'll be like so what's on tmz lately, bs some conversation about britney spears and wish them a happy life :P

lol i was just stating it as a fact...i dont really act/think like that when conversing with anyone...however, its just that i find my introvertness very annoying...sometimes i cant think of a subject to talk about and it gets awkward...when im passionate about something i can talk well but i think i find it hard to talk about random things! which are often a subject of everyday conversations!

Honestly, just start random conversations with people. Do it when your walking up the stairs at the library, or in line at Tim Horton's, but don't act like it's anything unusual or that you'd been planning it or anything, act like you were talking to anyone else and be genuine, confident, down to earth, and don't come off as if you're looking for something off the bat, if during your talk there's some legitimate mutual interest there things will only flourish from there. If the person annoys the crap out of you don't be mean, but just be cordial and friendly, but just continue to pursue future encounters with the knowledge that there your not looking for a that kind of relationship with a person.

I find to often, people go "looking" for relationships, just treat girls like you'd treat any random guy so you don't come off as some random guy who using pick up lines, and if there's chemistry, it'll be obvious, if there's not, then you have a new friend and/or acquaintance.

There, easy as KFC, I probably talk to about 5 random people a day and always run into random people who I honestly don't remember but seem to remember a lot about me, and if I think that person is interesting, well then they've conveyed some sort of interest and I like them, then just be like let's grab coffee or something, honestly the key is just to be natural.

I'm have above average looks and when I meet girls at clubs or bars they are so ditsy and for lack of better words, dumb. Do girls like to be approached when walking outside to class? How would girls like to be approached during the day.

Honestly, just start random conversations with people. Do it when your walking up the stairs at the library, or in line at Tim Horton's, but don't act like it's anything unusual or that you'd been planning it or anything, act like you were talking to anyone else and be genuine, confident, down to earth, and don't come off as if you're looking for something off the bat, if during your talk there's some legitimate mutual interest there things will only flourish from there. If the person annoys the crap out of you don't be mean, but just be cordial and friendly, but just continue to pursue future encounters with the knowledge that there your not looking for a that kind of relationship with a person.

I find to often, people go "looking" for relationships, just treat girls like you'd treat any random guy so you don't come off as some random guy who using pick up lines, and if there's chemistry, it'll be obvious, if there's not, then you have a new friend and/or acquaintance.

There, easy as KFC, I probably talk to about 5 random people a day and always run into random people who I honestly don't remember but seem to remember a lot about me, and if I think that person is interesting, well then they've conveyed some sort of interest and I like them, then just be like let's grab coffee or something, honestly the key is just to be natural.

lol muse please provide an examples of random conversations you have with people.

note something interesting/funny a couple on a pseudo-date might be doing at a table while you wait in a long line, and then start psychoanalyzing it with them and evaluating how well the date is going for the guy, then shift it to trying to imagine what other people in the tim hortons/whatever do etc. ... you'd be surprised at the random **** people will talk about, it's like an episode of seinfeld

lol muse please provide an examples of random conversations you have with people.

Whenever I am waiting in line, I start a conversation with the person who is in front or behind me, I might ask them what they do for a living or if a student and I find people enjoy talking about themselves, so it is really easy to strike up conversations with complete strangers. My only rule is that I don't want to know their names or give mine which really does not affect the conversation at all. And for you, it might be a lovely girl in line near you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Whenever I am waiting in line, I start a conversation with the person who is in front or behind me, I might ask them what they do for a living or if a student and I find people enjoy talking about themselves, so it is really easy to strike up conversations with complete strangers. My only rule is that I don't want to know their names or give mine which really does not affect the conversation at all. And for you, it might be a lovely girl in line near you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Doesn't anybody seem this as really weird behavior? Like if a complete stranger asked me what do i do for a living, I might be a bit alarmed (different atmosphere from city to campus).

The general rule of thumb I've lived my life by is you've got to put yourself in situations where you'll meet people that have similar interests. This goes for friends/sig others

It's different now than it used to be- a lot of online dating that wasn't around 10 years ago, but the same rules apply- find people with similar interests... go from there.

If you value reading hit up a chapters... strike up a conversation with a girl/guy looking in the fantasy/science fiction/non-fiction section and see how that goes.

If you like sports- google events and adventures (might be a vancouver only thing, I haven't really checked it out), join a rec league for whatever sport you like, or hit up a drop-in league and talk to the people there.

It's all about what you want and the time you are willing to put in.

As for starting conversations with strangers in line or on the bus or whatever... the best bet is to talk about something that they are doing/going to see/wearing, but in a non-creepy way.

ie. girl reading Game of Thrones- you say "hey, I absolutely loved that book... blah blah blah, what do you think of it"

not... girl reading Game of Thrones- "hey, what do you do for a living? I really like your hair... you and I should mate like they do in Game of Thrones"

I heard a statistic released a few years ago that something like 7/10 relationships start through work... if you think about it you share the greatest amount of time with people at work (or school) and people become more receptive to dating once they get to know you through a common duty/interest. There was also a study I read about in social psychology that discussed the phenomenon of proximity dating... you end up dating people that live close to you because you see them more and are more accessible. Again, these are only trends... not guarantees.

Everybody I ever talked to this way was delighted to talk, asking what they do is not asking their names or where they live so nobody has ever felt threatened or I was becoming too personal. People like being given attention so long as it is in a pleasant manner.

I have never done this, but I understand you can make friends in a grocery store. When there is a ling line, I will talk to the person on either side of me. People are lonely and have no problem.

in psychology this belief might be interpreted as a frame or schema... we're constantly frame shifting though, one form of frame/schema shifting, to copy wikipedia, is:

Frame transformation becomes necessary when the proposed frames "may not resonate with, and on occasion may even appear antithetical to, conventional lifestyles or rituals and extant interpretive frames"

basically the behaviour of the individual who's talking to you can change your interpretation of their behaviour, if they act like their behaviour is really normal and act completely natural and friendly your schema of the specific behavior will come into conflict with your schema of how people act when engaging in normal behavior, and if the person normalizes it enough the latter will dominate, and you may not even notice that the person is behaving in a way you typically find unusual

Doesn't anybody seem this as really weird behavior? Like if a complete stranger asked me what do i do for a living, I might be a bit alarmed (different atmosphere from city to campus).

Intense working relationships can bring people together, e.g., dental assistant and dentist, doctor and nurse, lawyer and secretary, etc. These situations of stress create an emotional bond on autopilot..and sometimes end in the bedroom.

Really? Last time I heard it was the subordinate trying to get child support in all these gender neutral examples ;)

Intense working relationships can bring people together, e.g., dental assistant and dentist, doctor and nurse, lawyer and secretary, etc. These situations of stress create an emotional bond on autopilot..and sometimes end in the bedroom.

I've been doing that a lot lately waiting for my surgeon's appointments :P Last time I ended chatting with 4 other really interesting patients hehe. Sure made the 3 hour delay pass more quickly! I think it's fun talking with strangers sometimes, different level of conversation/commitment.

I JUST FIGURED IT OUT:

POSTER DAYS!!!

go and feign interest in the cutie's research, make some jokes about the competition/judges/other posters and then proceed to get their number. it's foolproof. you know they're smart enough to: a) do research B) put a poster together and c) enter a competition. and they can't reject your advances because they are obliged to explain their work to anyone who asks. AND they will probably be dressed nicely too. it's the ultimate pick-up place.

oh and there's free food sometimes, so if you don't pick up chicks, you can pick up donuts.

I JUST FIGURED IT OUT:

POSTER DAYS!!!

go and feign interest in the cutie's research, make some jokes about the competition/judges/other posters and then proceed to get their number. it's foolproof. you know they're smart enough to: a) do research B) put a poster together and c) enter a competition. and they can't reject your advances because they are obliged to explain their work to anyone who asks. AND they will probably be dressed nicely too. it's the ultimate pick-up place.

oh and there's free food sometimes, so if you don't pick up chicks, you can pick up donuts.

Georgie is that why I see you all the time at my research conferences? tsk tsk

Archived