Premed 101 Forums

Worst date ever?

proton

yeah, i know the feeling, with some people you just want to make the person open up, and try as hard as you can to make them feel comfortable, i usually try and embarrass myself or something on purpose so they don't take things too seriously and realize that you're interested in getting to know them, not what they "present" to you... because inevitably it'll be them who you'll be dating... there's no need to have the bs fake dates for like 2 weeks before the real person comes out

this is hilarious.

mine happened not too long ago... with this guy that i was pretty interested in. we went to the movies, and he pretty much looked straight ahead and didnt talk to me the whole time, except to try to hold my hand once...his hand was suuper sweaty and he immediately made a spastic motion yanked it away when he realized this.. anyway, we went to a diner after the movie and he was pretty much reallyy nervous the whole time, which is fine/cute sometimes, but he actually could not even carry out a conversation.. kept replying with 1 - 2 word answers. im pretty chatty, but i actually prefer to not have a conversation with myself when im on a date. anyway, i left early because it was clearly going nowhere.. disaster..

2 weeks later, he asked my friend to ask me out again for him, and asked if she would come as well so he wouldnt get so nervous/it wouldnt be so awkward....fail.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word. You get drunk at ONE party and run around with a lampshade on your head and suddenly people are saying "and now you're gonna be a doctor?!?". Just kidding...sorta.

LOL good ol' lampshade on head. Doesn't beat thinking you can walk on water from a pool...lmao dear lord.

But seriously, I think if you're not over the top weird and excessive, then the rest is just good personality. I would personally love a non-robotic doctor with a sense of humour or stories to tell. Very endearing.

Mine happened not too long ago. A girl called me out to go watch a movie. So we went to see "Number 4", which wasn't that bad. And after, I asked her if she wanted to go grab a coffee. It was raining and we walked for like 5 mins with no umbrella only to discover the coffee shop was closed that day... FAIL

Mine happened not too long ago. A girl called me out to go watch a movie. So we went to see "Number 4", which wasn't that bad. And after, I asked her if she wanted to go grab a coffee. It was raining and we walked for like 5 mins with no umbrella only to discover the coffee shop was closed that day... FAIL

Kissing in the rain = WIN.

Yeah but the situation got really awkward so nothing happened. Hopefully it wasn't that bad since we kissed on the next date.

I dont even see how thats an awkward situation, it was just a closed store. I think it would have been a perfect test on the chemistry between you two too, see how you guys could have improvised and still had fun.

Yeah but the situation got really awkward so nothing happened. Hopefully it wasn't that bad since we kissed on the next date.

Don't worry. You're french. I'm sure you could have made something up appropriate for the situation.

seriously though, once you're seeing patients social media is like public enemy number one, it may not be right, but in north america a lot of people still have this image of their doctor being a librarian type with a dog wife and two kids... believe it or not there are nip/tuck-type doctors around... lol :D

absolutely - people at our school are very concerned about this actually. Online professionalism is one way people can and have gotten into a lot of trouble.

I dont even see how thats an awkward situation, it was just a closed store. I think it would have been a perfect test on the chemistry between you two too, see how you guys could have improvised and still had fun.

It started getting awkward when I asked to go take a coffee, because I guess I was kind of shy and not really confident when I asked and she wasn't really expecting it.

Don't worry. You're french. I'm sure you could have made something up appropriate for the situation.

I don't really see how being french makes me better in relationships... I guess the sexyness of a french accent only works when the girl isn't french too lol.

Great!

I personally think being nervous/shy at first is kinda cute lol, most girls get it anyway.

Yeah I guess it made her think I was really interested or something like that...

Think like an alpha (sans douchebagary) and you'll be fine :)

Lol we went rock climbing the next time. I was much more in my confort zone there and got her pretty impressed. I guess the mix of 'teaching/helping her overcome her fear of heigths/showing off a bit' was "alpha" enough for her.

On my first date in junior high, I showed up expecting to see a movie with the guy. Turns out he brought a few friends, and instead of going to a movie, they hung out outside the theatre and threw coffee creamers and sugar packages at cars for a few hours.

He told me he loved me a week later, and I broke up with him. Over ICQ.

Archived