Premed 101 Forums

Canada carrying high health-care-related infection rate: WHO

Canada carrying high health-care-related infection rate: WHO

Interesting report. I am definitely surprised

I'm not. Not at all.

If you actually take a look at the infection control practices of health care workers (not the guidelines/protocol) you'd be appalled. And not at all surprised that our infection rate is high for hospital/health care acquired infections.

I'm not. Not at all.

If you actually take a look at the infection control practices of health care workers (not the guidelines/protocol) you'd be appalled. And not at all surprised that our infection rate is high for hospital/health care acquired infections.

Sure, but have you worked in other countries and seen better infection control to compare it? You'd expect us to be no worse off than other developed countries, but I guess the stats show otherwise. One thing I have noticed is the place where I'm doing rotations in the US has hand sanitizer at the entrance to every patient room but I have not seen the same in some (but not all) Canadian hospitals.

I'm not surprised at all either... We have a bunch of rules and whatnot but we don't enforce them. People have to be willing to spare those few extra seconds to take the appropriate precautionary measures. I mean just check how many people enter a room without gowns when they are required, or they simply put them on without tying them at the back so that the gown just falls off half the time.

Archived