Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

whole wheat, I get the ones made in the Loblaws bakery. What surprised me was the price for bread, around 4 dollars.

I also do like sourdough bread.

How do you feel about raising money for a charity even though you may not be certain where the money goes?

-is it a hand out

-wouldn't creating jobs be better

-give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish

whole wheat, I get the ones made in the Loblaws bakery. What surprised me was the price for bread, around 4 dollars.

I also do like sourdough bread.

How do you feel about raising money for a charity even though you may not be certain where the money goes?

-is it a hand out

-wouldn't creating jobs be better

-give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish

I am never involved in fund raisers. I prefer not to help contribute to refurnishing a senior charity worker's office or upgrading his car or travel allowance. I do give directly to the needy, e.g., if I see a bag lady who is not begging, I will quickly put $5 into her hand and move on before she has a chance to refuse it (which they will do b/c of their own feeling of dignity, not wanting charity). This works for me.

Yes, teaching a man to fish is way better than perpatuating poverty by giving a man a fish.

apple juice or an apple, orange juice or an orange?

I am never involved in fund raisers. I prefer not to help contribute to refurnishing a senior charity worker's office or upgrading his car or travel allowance. I do give directly to the needy, e.g., if I see a bag lady who is not begging, I will quickly put $5 into her hand and move on before she has a chance to refuse it (which they will do b/c of their own feeling of dignity, not wanting charity). This works for me.

Yes, teaching a man to fish is way better than perpatuating poverty by giving a man a fish.

apple juice or an apple, orange juice or an orange?

Apple, orange

How much sleep did you get last night?

Oooo! Tough choice. I'm going to go with crayons just because they have that awesome feeling of youth when you use them... but markers are deffinately more efficient.

Who on pm101 has influenced you in the greatest way (positively)

Lactic Folly who was my tremendous mentor in essay writing that has enabled me to edit essays on this forum for years now, permitting me to pay forward.

What do you think of rmorelan? (my views are known)

Lactic Folly who was my tremendous mentor in essay writing that has enabled me to edit essays on this forum for years now, permitting me to pay forward.

What do you think of rmorelan? (my views are known)

I don't know enough about him/her, so I can't say.

Premed101 or SDN? ;)

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (I should cut back!).

Do you want/have kids? If so, how many?

I am a kid and not ready but would like anywhere from 2 - 4 kids eventually, depending upon if and how I can juggle the life of a physician with being an engaged parent. BTW, I would feed them grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato. :)

normal french fried or yam fries?

I am a kid and not ready but would like anywhere from 2 - 4 kids eventually, depending upon if and how I can juggle the life of a physician with being an engaged parent. BTW, I would feed them grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato. :)

normal french fried or yam fries?

Normal fries (specifically Arby's curly fries!!). Yam fries are gross. I can't stand them. Which is odd b/c I LOVE cooked yam.

Dreamworks (ie Shrek, Madagascar etc) or Disney/Pixar (ie Toy Story, The Incredibles, etc)?