Premed 101 Forums

Quote of the day

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not a normative statement regarding the person, it plays on the multi-modal means in which the term loser can refer... do you think you make the nhl, master an instrument then two, win ten legal cases... i suffered a horrific neurological condition, and actually linked the common etiology causing various pathophysiologies, and caused by different subcellular regulatory effects due to varying environmental experiences... 400 hours... i don't expect to fail, i never do, if i do, i just get up and try again, a 97 percent success rate is still par excellance.

i hate listening to goalies that scrape into the playoffs say the pressures not on them, they're not supposed to win... if you think like that, do you think you're going to win a game 2-1, being outshot 45-19... there's a real mental aspect to expectation of success versus non-expectation and complacency.

honestly, one of the reasons im so hard to debate against is because i know a lot about a lot of topics... your argument over free will was silly... even the duality of the epiphenomenon of conciousness arising from a monoistic interaction is presented as tautology but obviously invalid. ontology is often procured under descriptions more valid for epistemological knowledge, since language variables describing clusters of constructivist symbols or numbers, having formal relational rules which predict accurate phenomenelogical outcomes gives predictability, and the linguistically associated phenomenelogical truth, when the latter language descriptor is for convenience, and still does not allow us to transcend the human experience our mind creates, making ontological truth an imposibility... it's really short sighted utility of math people don't understand and the surrogate language used that deceives people into thinking the experience associated with the language means the experience is ontologically valid because the language was non falsied, as popper would say, in reality, it's math, which has no associated phenomenologically replicated linked experience attached to nearly the same extent. yeah. see, i don't lose, and as intimidating and authoritive as that was, and despite the fact it took 4 minutes to write, imagine the hours i put into learning the nuance... because i don't like to go with the flow, unless its playing go with flow on stage with qotsa... lol

it depends, rather, on HOW you do state these circumstances, don't you think?

lol, if i got a nobel prize i'd give it to someone i felt was under-recognized in their community, lol

basically todazzle, what he's talking about is bandura's concept of need for internal versus external validation... then you can throw in open or closed circumstances... i hate blind tradition or the adherence towards it not because of a natural inclination to the act, dress etc. but because it's right

and is an identifier of a good doctor or lawyer... depending on your specialty in each... white coats in inpatient major hospital psych has always been a pet peeve, ditto with dress clothes on internists that round endlessly... god, get some sneakers and scrubs like the er docs, these dress shoes are killer... and while most psychiatrists or others docs don't know it, since they don't read 1000-1500 page books in all tangental specialties, psych will soon become more biological than say gen im in practice... but even then, you interpret innumerable reports and tests etc., you're unlikely to get blood on your dress clothes when doing an intake from someone going cold turkey on benzos or admitting an eating disorders patient... yeah, the symbolism doesn't mean ****, people just need to put their money where their mouth is...

who said they are? all you do, you do exclusively for yourself - don't look for world recognition by putting some efforts in something, if you would be lucky enough(and what you are doing would be useful for others too) you might be prized for that, but if not, idk, build yourself a statue...if that would help with your selfesteem and narcissist problems...who cares;

one is a loser when s/he thinks of him/herself as such - by not getting into medschool, for someone would be a reason to consider him/herself a loser indeed,

for another in the same situation(not getting in the same medschool) would open an opportunity to do a second degree/pursue a new career/becomming stronger in learning habits...idk, I can continue to INF,

did I answer to your question? I have a feeling that we don't understand each other - you took a few quotes too personally, whilst they are formulated more as a general situation - they don't fit with your believes/experiences... am I right?

Everyone in this world is dealt a different hand—some better, some worse than others—but what's more important is how you play that hand. This is what builds character. And with great character comes great reward.

- Christine Ha

Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions.

- Earl Gray Stevens

We only live once. We all have an expiration date after that we will never come again. I am not saying that to make you sad. I am saying that so you can cherish each moment in your life and be grateful that you are here and you are Special

- Pablo Valle

Every moment is a chance to fulfill our purpose.

- Tiffany Mackey

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

- Lao Tzu

Change is not merely necessary to life - it is life.

- Alvin Toffler

As long as this exists," I thought, "and I may live to see it, this sunshine, the cloudless skies, while this lasts, I cannot be unhappy." The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.

- Anne Frank

it's not a normative statement regarding the person, it plays on the multi-modal means in which the term loser can refer... do you think you make the nhl, master an instrument then two, win ten legal cases... i suffered a horrific neurological condition, and actually linked the common etiology causing various pathophysiologies, and caused by different subcellular regulatory effects due to varying environmental experiences... 400 hours... i don't expect to fail, i never do, if i do, i just get up and try again, a 97 percent success rate is still par excellance.

i hate listening to goalies that scrape into the playoffs say the pressures not on them, they're not supposed to win... if you think like that, do you think you're going to win a game 2-1, being outshot 45-19... there's a real mental aspect to expectation of success versus non-expectation and complacency.

honestly, one of the reasons im so hard to debate against is because i know a lot about a lot of topics... your argument over free will was silly... even the duality of the epiphenomenon of conciousness arising from a monoistic interaction is presented as tautology but obviously invalid. ontology is often procured under descriptions more valid for epistemological knowledge, since language variables describing clusters of constructivist symbols or numbers, having formal relational rules which predict accurate phenomenelogical outcomes gives predictability, and the linguistically associated phenomenelogical truth, when the latter language descriptor is for convenience, and still does not allow us to transcend the human experience our mind creates, making ontological truth an imposibility... it's really short sighted utility of math people don't understand and the surrogate language used that deceives people into thinking the experience associated with the language means the experience is ontologically valid because the language was non falsied, as popper would say, in reality, it's math, which has no associated phenomenologically replicated linked experience attached to nearly the same extent. yeah. see, i don't lose, and as intimidating and authoritive as that was, and despite the fact it took 4 minutes to write, imagine the hours i put into learning the nuance... because i don't like to go with the flow, unless its playing go with flow on stage with qotsa... lol

I'm wondering... you are always so clear and explicit in your thoughts, including your patients (in case you really are in Medschool) ?

lol, if i got a nobel prize i'd give it to someone i felt was under-recognized in their community, lol

basically todazzle, what he's talking about is bandura's concept of need for internal versus external validation... then you can throw in open or closed circumstances... i hate blind tradition or the adherence towards it not because of a natural inclination to the act, dress etc. but because it's right

and is an identifier of a good doctor or lawyer... depending on your specialty in each... white coats in inpatient major hospital psych has always been a pet peeve, ditto with dress clothes on internists that round endlessly... god, get some sneakers and scrubs like the er docs, these dress shoes are killer... and while most psychiatrists or others docs don't know it, since they don't read 1000-1500 page books in all tangental specialties, psych will soon become more biological than say gen im in practice... but even then, you interpret innumerable reports and tests etc., you're unlikely to get blood on your dress clothes when doing an intake from someone going cold turkey on benzos or admitting an eating disorders patient... yeah, the symbolism doesn't mean ****, people just need to put their money where their mouth is...

I know what was he talking about... it was just a way of putting his comments in another light, also, I am not sure he would agree with what you said about what he said ,,,,;)

Archived