Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invitations Are OUT!!!! Accepted/Rejected

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe they dont want people to speculate the evaluation system?

I guess so, only for the applicants that make it in, because for all rejected applicants you know your score.

I assume they don't tell us so that people don't know where they stand compared to other applicants before the interview. I think knowing how you compare to the other interviewees could affect interview performance and stuff like that.

I dont see how this is a bad thing.

ahhh... that is a legit reason. But then again, no one will know your score, unless you tell them.

But it also affects you subconsciously if you know your score beforehand. The point is that if you get an interview your TFR score becomes irrelevant. At that point it's more or less all about the interview.

Here's last year's thread: http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47152&page=81

Do we actually get an email from UBC telling us if we got an interview? Or do they just update the OAS? From what I understood from the admissions blog, and the website, I thought they were just going to update the OAS.

Haven't received an email from UBC today, which is good I guess, but I can't bring myself to check the OAS...

Do we actually get an email from UBC telling us if we got an interview? Or do they just update the OAS? From what I understood from the admissions blog, and the website, I thought they were just going to update the OAS.

Haven't received an email from UBC today, which is good I guess, but I can't bring myself to check the OAS...

It will go to the OAS first, then it will send the update to the email you selected as your primary contact with them.

No one has yet posted that they received a DQ (whatever that means - could someone enlighten me?).

I would not be surprised if the admissions office send out the day's notifications at the end of the day so as not to be inundated with questions and complaints from the unfortunately rejected. Prospective callers would then have to wait until the office opens the next day and by that time passions may have cooled and a portion of them may decide not to bother calling.

No one has yet posted that they received a DQ (whatever that means - could someone enlighten me?).

DQ = disqualification, i.e., automatically being removed from the applicant pool due to reasons like:

• Not reaching GPA cutoffs
  • Not receiving MCAT scores
  • Not receiving official transcripts
  • Etc.

Good luck everyone!

Last year disqualifications were sent out on the Monday. Only one person posted his disqualification though. Tuesday had some OOP partial file review regrets and Wednesday and Thursday unleashed a torrent of regrets late in the day.

Thanks for giving us a heads up of whats about to come!

I think that the reason why people are not posting DQs is because they probably know by now that they are going to get a DQ as I thought that most DQs are from low MCAT marks.

Archived