Premed 101 Forums

there is this girl..

h3jk5h

Speak for yourself please.

What you mean, the rest doesn't matter for you.

Hilarious! You really think that way? For a on night fling? Really? You will notice I didn't say "for me". The rest just doesn't matter, period. I am just a member of the male community at large.

This is how men really think. If they tell you otherwise, they are most likely lying. Sorry.

When was the last time you heard a guy in a bar say: "Look at that plane-looking girl over there. I think she must be smart and nice. Boy, is she pushing my buttons!"?

I am talking about sex, not marriage. You shouldn't even consider a long term relationship before you are at least 25, achieved career success and sowed all your wild oats. You are going to be professionals. It will take a while.

This stuff works.

Hilarious! You really think that way? You will notice I didn't say "for me". I am just a member of the male community at large.

For a one night fling, really?

This is how men really think. If they tell you otherwise, they are most likely lying. Sorry.

When was the last time you heard a guy in a bar say: "Look at that plane-looking girl over there. I think she must be smart and nice. Boy, is she pushing my buttons!"?

I am talking about sex, not marriage. You shouldn't even consider a long term relationship before you are at least 25, achieved career success and sowed all your wild oats. You are going to be professionals. It will take a while.

This stuff works.

You should come over to my town and tell that to youngsters getting married between 20-25... meaning they started their long term relationships before that age.... lol.

Hey... traveling in a herd might get you a threesome! :P

That's not how threesome starts. Herds have a herd mentality and they want to stick together. It takes great skill (game) to pluck one out. Don't pluck two. The other one will be hungry, bored, will want to go home or find any excuse to impede your progress with the alpha female. It's quite complicated. The point is, only pluck out one.

You should come over to my town and tell that to youngsters getting married between 20-25... meaning they started their long term relationships before that age.... lol.

Marrying young is GENERALLY a bad idea. You are not experirenced or mature enough. You later think of all you may have missed, money is tight, you start other jobs, etc. It is possible to make it work, but it is more likely for people who marry young to get divorced. There are so many things I would like to talk about here, but it would require a lot of time and effort. Unlike some other posts I made for humour in other threads, the ones I posted here are serious.

I read the whole thread and I have only one thing to say to Dino : Preach! He might be raw but dam he's wise!

(Blush!)

Thanks. I owe a lot to Professor Tom Leykis. He is a no-nonsense radio personality and will be back on air in April. Not available in Canada, but there will be a live stream. Both men and women, especially young professionals or professional school students. You don't have to agree with all his views; use your own judgement, but listen to him for at least a month, no matter how offensive you may think he is at first. He is not sexist or chauvinistic, but often is accused of it. He is a master debater and a great source of knowledge. He used to teach Leykis 101, which is the basis of his teaching and I assume he will do so again upon his return.

Here is his website:

http://www.blowmeuptom.com

Here is a website that carries some of his old shows in streaming mp3 form, but they can be downloaded like podcasts.

http://www.leykisonline.com/recordings/andromeda.php

You owe it to yourselves to listen to at least a dozen Leykis 101 episodes, especially if you are young males on your way to success. He gives great advice to avoid being fleeced and to listen to your brain instead of your emotions to protect yourselves. You will learn a lot more by listening to him than I can ever teach you in here. It is serious business in a breezy, humourous atmosphere.

I have a crush on this girl on my university campus. I don't know what to do. I am hesitating to ask her out because I am afraid my grades will suffer if I get into a relationship. After all, gpa is most important to get into med school right? My gpa is in the low 3.0's as of now after I received my December marks, I'm in arts and science and it seems impossible to get a 3.9 (my original goal).

What should I do?

Step at a time. Go for it and let it play out. :)

Indeed, GPA is most important. However, someone who is supportive and non-needy, who understands your priorities and who does not become a drain on your time and energy can be a plus. I am sure your common sense, judgment and priorities will prevail. :P

I have a crush on this girl on my university campus. I don't know what to do. I am hesitating to ask her out because I am afraid my grades will suffer if I get into a relationship. After all, gpa is most important to get into med school right? My gpa is in the low 3.0's as of now after I received my December marks, I'm in arts and science and it seems impossible to get a 3.9 (my original goal).

What should I do?

Maybe your grades will go up? My girlfriend keeps me focused on school, and I have her to thank for how well I'm doing. Why not go for it?

I didn't start earning amazing grades until I had my kids. I didn't have my kids until I started dating my fiance.

Things have a weird way of working out.

2009 - 1st year of undegrad - pulled off a .... 3.2 GPA :(:(

2011 - 2nd year of undergrad - pulled off a 3.9 GPA :):)

They are my inspiration! You can do it with a girlfriend if I can do it with two toddlers!

I didn't start earning amazing grades until I had my kids. I didn't have my kids until I started dating my fiance.

Things have a weird way of working out.

2009 - 1st year of undegrad - pulled off a .... 3.2 GPA :(:(

2011 - 2nd year of undergrad - pulled off a 3.9 GPA :):)

They are my inspiration! You can do it with a girlfriend if I can do it with two toddlers!

That is probably because becoming a parent made you more mature.

I read somewhere, in the long, long ago that only three experiences can change someone's personality.

1 - War

2 - Becoming a mother

3 - Becoming a doctor

I know the 2nd to be true in my wife's case and the 1st one to be true in the case of my friends who returned from Afghanistan. I guess I'll find about the 3rd one in a few years.

BTW, I assume you are over 25 and guess you are a woman.

That is probably because becoming a parent made you more mature.

I read somewhere, in the long, long ago that only three experiences can change someone's personality.

1 - War

2 - Becoming a mother

3 - Becoming a doctor

I know the 2nd to be true in my wife's case and the 1st one to be true in the case of my friends who returned from Afghanistan. I guess I'll find about the 3rd one in a few years.

BTW, I assume you are over 25 and guess you are a woman.

Well if I am lucky enough, I will have experienced two of the things on your list by the time I die. I am actually 22 years old. Yeah, I had my daughter in 1st year and my son in 2nd year. We are doing great as a little unit. My fiance is in a trade and makes good money. I am a perpetual student for lack of finding a job with a psych degree :) That's fine by me, I have my eyes on a Mac admission anyway ;)

Well if I am lucky enough, I will have experienced two of the things on your list by the time I die. I am actually 22 years old. Yeah, I had my daughter in 1st year and my son in 2nd year. We are doing great as a little unit. My fiance is in a trade and makes good money. I am a perpetual student for lack of finding a job with a psych degree :) That's fine by me, I have my eyes on a Mac admission anyway ;)

OMG! You are young!

I am happy for you and hope you won't have to take more time off or make the family vs. career choice. It is true that having an adequate amount of household income can change the domestic situation. You realise your situation is not typical and I assume you are appreciative. It will be hard and your family will not see you as often as all of you wish, but it is feasible.

Best of luck and forever appreciate your man.

Archived