Premed 101 Forums

How to get dates in premed: a simple guide.

AtomSmasher6

I have been reading a lot of posts on this forum lately on how some people are having trouble finding dates in premed. There is no excuse for this. Not only will not having a significant other lower your marks, but it will make your life worse. Follow this guide if this describes you.

1) For the gentlemen

- Dress nicely, sit beside a hot girl in class (as long as it is not weird to do so), run your mouth with funny/interesting stories.

- There are 3 possible outcomes. If she is interested, it won't be obvious, so just keep talking until it is. If she is not, then you made a new friend. Or if you were awkward and socially inept, you have made a new enemy.

- SUCCESS!

2) For the ladies

- Wear tight clothes (without coming off as skanky) to school.

- Sit down next to a guy, and say "Hi"

- SUCCESS!

- Note that this only works if you are a 7/10 or higher... otherwise, good luck :D

Better nobody and better grades:p if the alternative is someone insecure and/or needy and/or high maintenance and/or drama queen and/or unstable and/or unsupportive and/or a drain on your time and/or a distraction.

Having a s.o. is no guarantee to high grades.

Many members here have no s.o., are very happy, doing well in academics, know their priorities and will eventually have one when the timing is good. :)

Totally disagree.

The way to get dates is to sack up and approach a girl after class, get a conversation going and get her contact info. Never frame it in the form of a question; always suggest. Take the lead, guys.

Never run your mouth or ramble or try to be the class clown. It looks ridiculous and desperate. And don't go sitting next to girls just to talk to them. You're going to university to get a good GPA, not to hit on girls during class. Get a hold of yourself.

In order to get dates, you need to be confident in yourself. If you have issues with self confidence, figure out the ways in which you suck and then change them. If you cannot, then accept them as flaws and concentrate on the things you can change. When you are good, girls will approach you.

As a girl: brooksbane you are DEAD-ON.

I have been reading a lot of posts on this forum lately on how some people are having trouble finding dates in premed. There is no excuse for this. Not only will not having a significant other lower your marks, but it will make your life worse. Follow this guide if this describes you.

1) For the gentlemen

- Dress nicely, sit beside a hot girl in class (as long as it is not weird to do so), run your mouth with funny/interesting stories.

- There are 3 possible outcomes. If she is interested, it won't be obvious, so just keep talking until it is. If she is not, then you made a new friend. Or if you were awkward and socially inept, you have made a new enemy.

- SUCCESS!

2) For the ladies

- Wear tight clothes (without coming off as skanky) to school.

- Sit down next to a guy, and say "Hi"

- SUCCESS!

- Note that this only works if you are a 7/10 or higher... otherwise, good luck :D

If you want a date, don't be a gentleman until you go after 30+ women. Be a jerk. Whatever young women say, they like jerks who are arogant, unreliable, cheap, confident, assertive, etc. They see all of these assets as signs of strength and love trying to change them. Sorry ladies, it really works.

Women, don't be ladies. Stop pretending you don't do it. Don't worry men will think you are sluts. Young men live for sluts.

Chivalry was killed by feminism a long time ago. The roles have changed. Women work and have their own money, so there is no need to pay for them. They can do all the same things a man can, as we keep hearing, including opening there own doors. Be a nice guy and no woman will even look at you until you are in your late 20's and financially secure and they are ready to nest. Look around at what kind of young men get laid. Nice poindexter who opens doors, pays for dinner and act concerned, or jerks?

If you want a date, don't be a gentleman until you go after 30+ women. Be a jerk. Whatever young women say, they like jerks who are arogant, unreliable, cheap, confident, assertive, etc. They see all of these assets as signs of strength and love trying to change them. Sorry ladies, it really works.

Women, don't be ladies. Stop pretending you don't do it. Don't worry men will think you are sluts. Young men live for sluts.

Chivalry was killed by feminism a long time ago. The roles have changed. Women work and have their own money, so there is no need to pay for them. They can do all the same things a man can, as we keep hearing, including opening there own doors. Be a nice guy and no woman will even look at you until you are in your late 20's and financially secure and they are ready to nest. Look around at what kind of young men get laid. Nice poindexter who opens doors, pays for dinner and act concerned, or jerks?

Dino... I'm sorry, but you've got to stop generalizing. Not ALL girls and ALL guys are like that. Not all girls like jerks - I'm a prime example of that. I tell those guys to shove it... And not all guys want to hump everything that moves. There are decent/nice guys out there... Your statement might apply to some but not all....

If this were true, I'd cross out cheap, seems to stray the stereotype you put lol

Dino... I'm sorry, but you've got to stop generalizing. Not ALL girls and ALL guys are like that. Not all girls like jerks - I'm a prime example of that. I tell those guys to shove it... And not all guys want to hump everything that moves. There are decent/nice guys out there... Your statement might apply to some but not all....

You are both wrong. It's not a matter of being a jerk or nice guy. It's about A) showing attractive qualities, B) giving value, and C) having the balls to progress the relationship. "Jerks" do these three things more often, which is why they are more successful with women.

In order to get dates, you need to be confident in yourself. If you have issues with self confidence, figure out the ways in which you suck and then change them. If you cannot, then accept them as flaws and concentrate on the things you can change. When you are good, girls will approach you.

I would argue that confidence with women is gained the same way confidence with any other skill is acquired: experiencing success. It has nothing to do with accepting your faults. Success with meeting women involves sleeping with them. Therefore, in order to become confident with women, you need to meet and sleep with lots of women.

Who are the guys who are super confident with women? its the guys who lost their virginity at age 14, dated all the hot girls from their high school, slept with 30+ women in college, then acquired a trophy wife while simultaneously getting piece from 4 others on the side. These guys haven't accepted their faults: their past successes overwhelm them such that they just don't care about them anymore.

It's not a matter of being a jerk or nice guy. It's about A) showing attractive qualities, B) giving value, and C) having the balls to progress the relationship. "Jerks" do these three things more often, which is why they are more successful with women.

I'd give that a 10/10! Most 'nice guys' seem to REALLY lack the third trait here. If ALL a guy does is complement her, hold doors, show concern, etc... Yet NEVER ask her out or show more obvious signs of wanting an actual relationship, then the guy better prepared to get stuck in the friend zone. And no, 'liking' everything a girl does on facebook is not a sign of romantic affection.

You are both wrong. It's not a matter of being a jerk or nice guy. It's about A) showing attractive qualities, B) giving value, and C) having the balls to progress the relationship. "Jerks" do these three things more often, which is why they are more successful with women.

I would argue that confidence with women is gained the same way confidence with any other skill is acquired: experiencing success. It has nothing to do with accepting your faults. Success with meeting women involves sleeping with them. Therefore, in order to become confident with women, you need to meet and sleep with lots of women.

Who are the guys who are super confident with women? its the guys who lost their virginity at age 14, dated all the hot girls from their high school, slept with 30+ women in college, then acquired a trophy wife while simultaneously getting piece from 4 others on the side. These guys haven't accepted their faults: their past successes overwhelm them such that they just don't care about them anymore.

I'd give that a 10/10! Most 'nice guys' seem to REALLY lack the third trait here. If ALL a guy does is complement her, hold doors, show concern, etc... Yet NEVER ask her out or show more obvious signs of wanting an actual relationship, then the guy better prepared to get stuck in the friend zone. And no, 'liking' everything a girl does on facebook is not a sign of romantic affection.

I don't want to get into a right/wrong argument. I have PLENTY of guy friends and they just happen to be those nice guys (since I cannot stand jerks). 80% of them are in a long term relationship; 15% of them are engaged and the last 5% are happily married.

I also know for a fact that the guys mentioned above did not sleep with 30+ women in college.

I said it once and I'll say it again, not all guys want to hump everything that moves like chimps do when they're sexually aroused. You can't generalize. And I'm sorry... how do jerks progress in a relationship when they never truly emotionally mature and end up just sleeping with hundreds of women? There is a thing called emotional intelligence... We're not animals. The point of relationships is not just to reproduce. That's why it is said we're more intelligent than animals (besides having a truly amazing thing called cortex).

Ahh, the moment I saw this thread, I looked for your post and there it is! {honestly} :D

Can we get some scientific literature to back up these claims? I doubt it, so everything said here is "meh". It's a complex subject and I think a large portion of it is simply how someone looks.

Infants stare at 'attractive' faces LONGER than their counterparts. So is 'seeking' attractive (which, according to the article, is the "prototype" of a human face) faces encoded in our genes? Whereas seeking 'confidence' or w/e other bullsh1t probably isn't...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6355-babies-prefer-to-gaze-upon-beautiful-faces.html

I don't want to get into a right/wrong argument. I have PLENTY of guy friends and they just happen to be those nice guys (since I cannot stand jerks). 80% of them are in a long term relationship; 15% of them are engaged and the last 5% are happily married.

I also know for a fact that the guys mentioned above did not sleep with 30+ women in college.

I said it once and I'll say it again, not all guys want to hump everything that moves like chimps do when they're sexually aroused. You can't generalize. And I'm sorry... how do jerks progress in a relationship when they never truly emotionally mature and end up just sleeping with hundreds of women? There is a thing called emotional intelligence... We're not animals. The point of relationships is not just to reproduce. That's why it is said we're more intelligent than animals (besides having a truly amazing thing called cortex).

Well, note that I only quoted a very specific portion of his post so I don't really have too many thoughts with the sexual desire portion of the thing...

But the 'nice guy' I was talking about was about the 'nice guy' stereotype people generally talk about. Of course there are lots of really nice, kind guys in relationships, and if anything they would probably be a lot more successful in keeping long-lasting and happy relationships than guys who are jerks.

Besides, most of this thread is full of satire. Take it with a grain of salt, and 2 cups of humour.

The fact is that nice guys get laid less often than jerks. This is because nice guys do not show attractive qualities, give value, or have the balls to progress sexual interactions, whereas jerks do. Feminism has taught men to be "nice guys," who are weak, unassertive, and unconfident. These are unattractive qualities that cause men to be too shy to progress the sexual interaction.

As an aside, if you think about it, there are reasons why feminists want men to have these qualities. Feminism is about progressing the interests of women. Weak, unassertive men with no initiative are less likely to get jobs and promotions, which leaves more for women to take. Also, women know that men can impress women with their personality, to hide their other faults (bad looks, bad job, low status, etc.). If all men were to act in weak, unassertive ways (unattractive personality), this would allow women to gain a more honest assessment of men's attributes that are more likely to benefit the woman (looks, money, prestige, status).

Back to the main point. You weakened your own argument by saying that you are FRIENDS with a lot of nice guys - nice guys are great at being in the friend zone, it's no surprize that you aren't ****ing them. You also weakened your own argument by saying that all the nice guys you know are in long term relationships. A man in a long term relationship likely has LESS success with women... and he's just sticking around for the pussy because he can't get it from anywhere else. I'm not saying this is for all guys - some guys are working towards a greater goal in life and don't have time to be looking for some piece all the time.

Its the jerks who have the most choice in terms of sexual partners. Ironically, it's the nice guys that want to "hump everything that moves" when they are sexually aroused because their standards are so low.

I have no respect for women as a group. I have respect for individual women who I am friends with, but no respect for them as a group.

Can we get some scientific literature to back up these claims? I doubt it, so everything said here is "meh". It's a complex subject and I think a large portion of it is simply how someone looks.

Infants stare at 'attractive' faces LONGER than their counterparts. So is 'seeking' attractive (which, according to the article, is the "prototype" of a human face) faces encoded in our genes? Whereas seeking 'confidence' or w/e other bullsh1t probably isn't...

No we can't. Scientific studies currently only account for a very small sliver of what goes on in a social interaction. The fact that babies like good looking people has NOTHING to do with you getting a date in real life.

I think your first paragraph is right, in some circumstances, not all though.

I agree that experiencing success builds confidence, but your definition of success is unique to your own worldview. You don't have to sleep with everyone to know women generally like you. Relationships are rather complex: it really depends on the person, the sub-culture, the greater pervading culture, your age, ses, ethnic background, etc. generalizations are tempting but in this case, rather trite.

The fact is that nice guys get laid less often than jerks. This is because nice guys do not show attractive qualities, give value, or have the balls to progress sexual interactions, whereas jerks do. Feminism has taught men to be "nice guys," who are weak, unassertive, and unconfident. These are unattractive qualities that cause men to be too shy to progress the sexual interaction.

As an aside, if you think about it, there are reasons why feminists want men to have these qualities. Feminism is about progressing the interests of women. Weak, unassertive men with no initiative are less likely to get jobs and promotions, which leaves more for women to take. Also, women know that men can impress women with their personality, to hide their other faults (bad looks, bad job, low status, etc.). If all men were to act in weak, unassertive ways (unattractive personality), this would allow women to gain a more honest assessment of men's attributes that are more likely to benefit the woman (looks, money, prestige, status).

Back to the main point. You weakened your own argument by saying that you are FRIENDS with a lot of nice guys - nice guys are great at being in the friend zone, it's no surprize that you aren't ****ing them. You also weakened your own argument by saying that all the nice guys you know are in long term relationships. A man in a long term relationship likely has LESS success with women... and he's just sticking around for the pussy because he can't get it from anywhere else. I'm not saying this is for all guys - some guys are working towards a greater goal in life and don't have time to be looking for some piece all the time.

Its the jerks who have the most choice in terms of sexual partners. Ironically, it's the nice guys that want to "hump everything that moves" when they are sexually aroused because their standards are so low.

I have no respect for women as a group. I have respect for individual women who I am friends with, but no respect for them as a group.

I don't want to say my true opinion right now, because it is likely to get me banned. BUT, why the hell would I want to **** my friends? They're friends for a REASON. And friends are much more worthy than some guy who is going to sleep with a woman.

My question to you is: how old are you? Like 14? Seriously. A man in a long-term relationship has success with A woman. That's your final and ultimate goal. You want to have someone with whom you're going to spend the rest of your life with. It gets pretty lonely when you come home from work and no one's there. Hopefully, you'll learn that before it's too late.

So, what... you also think that waiting until marriage to have sex is a WRONG thing to do? I know plenty of men who have done it and it was their OWN choice... The girl didn't make them choose this option. What? Those men are wussies?

This is my last post on this issue.

Archived