Premed 101 Forums

Official McGill 2011-2012 Interview Acceptance/Regrets Thread

future_doc

This is about the right thing to do and be professional. They just don't care.:eek: It is clearly unprofessional. Your argument about cost is nonsense, they receive lots of money by all applicants, applications are a money earner for them. They do as they please b/c they have the power. There is an expression that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is not about corruption but about unprofessional acts of ommission.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really see how this can be viewed as unprofessional. McGill has been making us aware of what to look for with regards to the update process. McGill was short-staffed because of the strike. They told applicants that they weren't updating their system, and that they would contact applicants if anything was missing as they went through the applications.

Unprofessional would be keeping applicants in the dark with regards to their application. McGill gave us two things to look for on the update page. Further review = invite, no update = no invite. Sure some closure in the form of an official letter would have been nice and a bit more professional, but I just think its a bit much to ask for at this point.

official letter would have been nice and a bit more professional, but I just think its a bit much to ask for at this point.

You either act professionally or you don't.

McGill is out of step with other med schools and are not acting in a professional manner. "a bit more professional" does not have any meaning". The arrogance of power. Their reputation is suffering, deservedly so.

You either act professionally or you don't.

McGill is out of step with other med schools and are not acting in a professional manner. "a bit more professional" does not have any meaning". The arrogance of power. Their reputation is suffering, deservedly so.

It's not such a big deal. There is no need to judge them so harshly. McGill has had a hard year, with the strike, and still managed to relay the answers in a timely manner. Give them a break.

It's not such a big deal. There is no need to judge them so harshly. McGill has had a hard year, with the strike, and still managed to relay the answers in a timely manner. Give them a break.

I would just like to point out that allowing McGill so much leeway because they've had strikes and lockouts and occupations all year isn't exactly the right attitude either. McGill is going through all of this trouble because many of the staff and the students at the university are unhappy with the way they are being treated. They are going through difficulties but let's not pretend those difficulties were completely undeserved.

• 1 month later...

Archived