Premed 101 Forums

Official McGill 2011-2012 Interview Acceptance/Regrets Thread

future_doc

So I had asked McGill to change my date and they got back to me saying they'd have to wait until all the RSVPs are in (supposed to be Feb 8 from what I figure)

Is there anyone out there who can switch from Monday (english) to Wednesday noon (english)?

It would really really help me out... I'll wait till next week and see what they say, but if I can find someone to switch with it might work as a last resort. It's totally my fault for booking a reading week trip then finding out what the dates were... the invite was bittersweet.

I'm in province if they interview by days or something.

Thanks for any help my friends.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to say that, but from their message on twitter, posted on Feb 01st,

"Attn In Prov applcnts: Anticipated updates to Minerva for invitees is now complete. Notices of regrets will be placed at a later date. Thks"

...I would assume that the status of "Ready for review" means "reject" at this moment,

in case this may soften your mood, I am in the same boat as you are (in the case of McGill)...

We are a lot in that boat.... It`s about to sink I think...

It is a subjective process. I do not believe that McGill discriminates and they have many French speakers as their first language. You will make it!

My application status just changed to Reviewed - Decision Pending.....does this mean that my application has not been rejected off the bat or is it just a formality?...and all of the invites have already been given out? I am OOP, Toronto.

post 65 of this thread...

If you status changes to "Reviewed - Decision pending" that means you've been put on the interview waitlist.

Do you know any information about the waitlist? how many people do they waitlist and have there been people in the past regularly invited off the waitlist for interviews?

Do you know any information about the waitlist? how many people do they waitlist and have there been people in the past regularly invited off the waitlist for interviews?

i asked and its usually very rare that ppl decline an interview

although it is a bit more common for the OOP stream

i'm not sure if this information is readily available. you could call and try to ask. but 7 days from the day OOP invites were sent out is when you would find out. if the waitlist moved, then i'm assuming there would be another wait for those who have to accept their invitation.

not everyone is put on the OOP waitlist. the competition is pretty exceptional. i'm assuming you applied to other schools, so i hope it goes well, and it sounds like you are a good applicant...

i'm not sure if this information is readily available. you could call and try to ask. but 7 days from the day OOP invites were sent out is when you would find out. if the waitlist moved, then i'm assuming there would be another wait for those who have to accept their invitation.

not everyone is put on the OOP waitlist. the competition is pretty exceptional. i'm assuming you applied to other schools, so i hope it goes well, and it sounds like you are a good applicant...

Thanks alot man. the email states that I cannot call them regarding any information about position or status of the waitlist so I was hoping to gather some more information here. When were the OOP invites sent out? and the 7 day mark specifically? Is this waitlist 20 people? or 50? this would make quite a dramatic difference in reality what the waitlist entails...

Thanks alot man. the email states that I cannot call them regarding any information about position or status of the waitlist so I was hoping to gather some more information here. When were the OOP invites sent out? and the 7 day mark specifically? Is this waitlist 20 people? or 50? this would make quite a dramatic difference in reality what the waitlist entails...

26, 27, and the 30th was when OOP invites were sent out. as for how many i wouldn't know.

do you know if there is any hope of movement on this waitlist for an interview? When we may hear usually? or perhaps the number of people last year who moved off the waitlist? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I havent really been able to get answers from anyone...thanks

do you know if there is any hope of movement on this waitlist for an interview? When we may hear usually? or perhaps the number of people last year who moved off the waitlist? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I havent really been able to get answers from anyone...thanks

i'm assuming these questions are directed at me. so i'll try to answer them to the best of my capabilities. first off, I'm an IP applicant. so i'm on the outside with matters concerning OOP. i'd hate to diminish hope for anyone, but if i had to say, i'd think at this point if you haven't heard anything, then it doesn't look good for an invite. McGill sends out rejections at a much later time, that much i know as i was rejected in the past. my minerva status had not changed from reviewed or something along those lines until a few months later, to refused.

hope you get an invite at the other schools you may have applied to.

all the best.

i'm assuming these questions are directed at me. so i'll try to answer them to the best of my capabilities. first off, I'm an IP applicant. so i'm on the outside with matters concerning OOP. i'd hate to diminish hope for anyone, but if i had to say, i'd think at this point if you haven't heard anything, then it doesn't look good for an invite. McGill sends out rejections at a much later time, that much i know as i was rejected in the past. my minerva status had not changed from reviewed or something along those lines until a few months later, to refused.

hope you get an invite at the other schools you may have applied to.

all the best.

Thanks montrealer. In their email they state that we could get called off the waitlist up until the last day of interviews, although the chances of that may be very slim. Were you waitlisted last year or know of any movement last year? my status remains reviewed-Decision pending for about 1 week now.

Thanks montrealer. In their email they state that we could get called off the waitlist up until the last day of interviews, although the chances of that may be very slim. Were you waitlisted last year or know of any movement last year? my status remains reviewed-Decision pending for about 1 week now.

theoretically you could come off the waitlist if others do not show up to their interview date. i was waitlisted for an interview 2 years ago, which was the last time i applied. at that time i did not hear about any movement. my status remained unchanged from march(when invites were sent out back then) until may, even after interviews were finished.

I know obviously that I don't have an interview at this point because I haven't heard anything. However, as an OOP applicant my status still says Items Outstanding, and I would think that given the process to fill out their application they would have the professionalism to respond in some form to tell me something. I am certain that all my documents were submitted, and it does show my transcripts arriving, but labour dispute aside shouldn't I hear something? Anyone else have the same status?

I know obviously that I don't have an interview at this point because I haven't heard anything. However, as an OOP applicant my status still says Items Outstanding, and I would think that given the process to fill out their application they would have the professionalism to respond in some form to tell me something. I am certain that all my documents were submitted, and it does show my transcripts arriving, but labour dispute aside shouldn't I hear something? Anyone else have the same status?

According to their Twitter feed posted on Jan 30th:

"OOPs: We have only updated the records (Minerva) of those invited for interviews. No change in your dossier means NOT invited for interview"

Lol. I know.

It's the same for all OOP applicants, regardless of invite status. It would be a large drain on their resources to be updating everyone's file at this point moving forward.

Archived