Premed 101 Forums

Official McGill 2011-2012 Interview Acceptance/Regrets Thread

future_doc

from the mcgill admin website

Key Numbers & Statistics

Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2012: 81

The following pertains to the Fall 2011 entry and is presented simply for reference. They do not offer any predictive validity.

Number of applicants: 683

Number of interviewed candidates: 189

Lowest GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.09

Average GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.72

Of those who submitted MCAT results, the average overall score (numerical) of interviewed candidates: 33.6

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
from the mcgill admin website

Key Numbers & Statistics

Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2012: 81

The following pertains to the Fall 2011 entry and is presented simply for reference. They do not offer any predictive validity.

Number of applicants: 683

Number of interviewed candidates: 189

Lowest GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.09

Average GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.72

Of those who submitted MCAT results, the average overall score (numerical) of interviewed candidates: 33.6

And from the this year's AFMC documents ("ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS OF CANADIAN FACULTIES OF MEDICINE"), it said that in 2009-10, 15 offers of admission were declined, thus giving roughly 96 offers of admission in total (81+15).

That gives an interviewee a roughly 50% chance (96/189*100%).

And from the this year's AFMC documents ("ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS OF CANADIAN FACULTIES OF MEDICINE"), it said that in 2009-10, 15 offers of admission were declined, thus giving roughly 96 offers of admission in total (81+15).

That gives an interviewee a roughly 50% chance (96/189*100%).

Last year, there were less than 15 offers declined. I had friends who were on the waitlist and kept an eye on it closely, and they estimate about 6 offers declined.

Last year, there were less than 15 offers declined. I had friends who were on the waitlist and kept an eye on it closely, and they estimate about 6 offers declined.

ouch.

FML I am in class and I can't concentrate at all. too anxious about the email we're all about to receive.

ouch.

FML I am in class and I can't concentrate at all. too anxious about the email we're all about to receive.

To be fair, I got rejected from McGill last year (MD/PhD app) and am now at UdeM med but I feel your pain.

Also, new from Twitter (can you guys tell i'm bored):

Updates to Minerva being made today and tmrrow. E-mails will be sent by the system in the evening >9pm of the update.

So, no email before 9 but check Minerva.

aedmedmcgill A.E.D. Med. McGill

ATTN In Prov.: Updates to Minerva being made today and tmrrow. E-mails will be sent by the system in the evening (>9pm) of the update.

49 seconds ago

and still nothing about IMG stream, which was supposed to be on dec 27th, postponed to Jan 31st, I'm getting...toooo anxious and compulsively check the Minerva :D

aedmedmcgill A.E.D. Med. McGill

ATTN In Prov.: Updates to Minerva being made today and tmrrow. E-mails will be sent by the system in the evening (>9pm) of the update.

49 seconds ago

If you're anxious to find out, I'd check Minerva periodically throughout the day. Minerva was updated for me when I first checked in the late afternoon yesterday (note I am OOP). Email did not arrive until closer to midnight. Assuming they will be following the same process for IP. Best of luck

If you're anxious to find out, I'd check Minerva periodically throughout the day. Minerva was updated for me when I first checked in the late afternoon yesterday (note I am OOP). Email did not arrive until closer to midnight. Assuming they will be following the same process for IP. Best of luck

I assume it was a reply to my post, :)

Thanks a lot, and good luck to all

My Minerva just updated!! "Further Review Required" has never looked so beautiful!! :)

And when I scroll down, there's a new item under my checklist: Medicine Interview Session Feb 21, Registration 7:15AM, Not yet received/processed.

My last name starts with B, and I have a friend who's status still hasn't updated and he's D. It may be going alphabetically, so judge accordingly!

Good luck everyone!!

:) :) :)

I'll be doing my interview in English.

I'm actually sitting her in total shock - I just took a picture of the screen so I wouldn't have to keep reloading Minerva to see if I'm dreaming lol... I really didn't expect to get an interview, this was just a shot in the dark by an unhappy vet student!!

yayyyyyyyyyyyy !! :)

I'm actually sitting her in total shock - I just took a picture of the screen so I wouldn't have to keep reloading Minerva to see if I'm dreaming lol... I really didn't expect to get an interview, this was just a shot in the dark by an unhappy vet student!!

You go girl!

nice! if it's alphabetical i'll have to wait forever. ahh the suspense...

thanks for the update and congratulations!

Archived