Premed 101 Forums

Official McGill 2011-2012 Interview Acceptance/Regrets Thread

future_doc

Hi guys,

The Interview decisions are about to begin in a matter of days. First with OOPs. For Cegepiens, the deadline to apply is still far off but soon enough, they will report to this thread.

The nature of the beast is that there will be disappointment for some. For those receiving regrets, I understand that McGill later down the road would be willing to meet with you and go over your application so that you can learn how to become a stronger applicant. Many applicants need to apply two or more times to achieve their dream. And for Cegepiens, going to undergrad will make them stronger candidates.

Good luck to all!

For those of you willing to share, I have prepared a suggested format for posting.

Category & Academic Level: OOP, Cegepien, IP undergrad/grad, IP First Nation or Inuit, International, Non-Traditional Pathway

Current Educational Institution & Location: (e.g., Quebec, elsewhere in Canada or abroad)

GPA or R Score:

MCAT if applicable:

ECs/Volunteering:

Other Comments:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys,

The Interview decisions...

...I understand that McGill later down the road would be willing to meet with you and go over your application so that you can...

May be I anticipate my refusal, (I diminish my stress with a piece of pessimism :) ) though would it be possible to set an appoint.in order to improve my applic.. for the next year ?

and would you mind if I'll ask you when would be possible to ask for this?

thank you, and good luck to all

Yes! :P

And actually it is best to go into the interview with no expectations - which eliminates all stress - and just be youself and have a fun time. This does work. :) Read ontariostudent's abbreviated posts on the McGill MMI (she was accepted) at my sticky link below.

Let us keep this thread clean for its purpose.

Category & Academic Level: OOP Undergrad

Current Educational Institution & Location: Acadia University, NS

GPA or R Score: 4.0/4.0

MCAT if applicable: 13PS/10VS/14BS/R

ECs/Volunteering: Student director of volunteer program, private tutoring, TAing, undergraduate thesis

Other Comments: Interview Feb 20

Hi muhgel,

Everything on my checklist is currently "Not yet received/processed" other than transcripts and MCAT results. The only thing that has changed is at the top it says "Decision: Further review required".

Good luck everyone!

thanks jrd_AU, and congrats!

I have a question for those who got an interview. If you don't mind me asking, is the GPA you guys posted your OMSAS GPA? I was told that mcgill calculates GPA differently.

Thanks and congrats for having gotten one step closer :)

My McGill GPA was 4.0/4.0, but my OMSAS GPA was 3.98/4.0. Hope that helps! Thanks for your kind words :)

Archived