Premed 101 Forums

Official McGill 2011-2012 Interview Acceptance/Regrets Thread

future_doc

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I was wondering if any OOP who have received an interview invite could help me out. I haven't received any emails from McGill yet, but I just checked Minerva and my status is Decision: Further review required

there is also a new item in the checklist saying: Medicine Interview Session, Feb 20, registration noon

Is McGill sending out emails to confirm?

Hi, I was wondering if any OOP who have received an interview invite could help me out. I haven't received any emails from McGill yet, but I just checked Minerva and my status is Decision: Further review required

there is also a new item in the checklist saying: Medicine Interview Session, Feb 20, registration noon

Is McGill sending out emails to confirm?

has your status been changed since Friday, or it was today

if it says "Further Review Required" and "Medicine Interview session..." then YES you got an invite. congrats.

by the way, did they ever mark the "C.V. data w/Highlight text" or "Personal Narrative w/Abstract" fields as complete. Mine have never changed from "Not yet received/processed" since I submitted.

if it says "Further Review Required" and "Medicine Interview session..." then YES you got an invite. congrats.

by the way, did they ever mark the "C.V. data w/Highlight text" or "Personal Narrative w/Abstract" fields as complete. Mine have never changed from "Not yet received/processed" since I submitted.

Only my transcript (sent by FedEx) and MCAT scores were marked as received. Everything else is still outstanding. Transcript received Dec 8, MCAT scores Oct 18.

Only my transcript (sent by FedEx) and MCAT scores were marked as received. Everything else is still outstanding. Transcript received Dec 8, MCAT scores Oct 18.

but you got an II?

I'm really confused because I think they are evaluating the applications and they have actually received everything but they didn't take the time to mark it as received. Its really annoying since applicants can't really figure out if all components of their app are in order... grrr

I know some US schools get >5k applications and they still manage to update everything online and make it easier for students to make sure they submitted everything and that everything that needed to be sent by snail mail was received.

but you got an II?

I'm really confused because I think they are evaluating the applications and they have actually received everything but they didn't take the time to mark it as received. Its really annoying since applicants can't really figure out if all components of their app are in order... grrr

I know some US schools get >5k applications and they still manage to update everything online and make it easier for students to make sure they submitted everything and that everything that needed to be sent by snail mail was received.

The McGill website, and their Twitter, advised OOP applicants that they wouldn't update their documentation status: http://twitter.com/aedmedmcgill

Archived