Premed 101 Forums

Official McGill 2011-2012 Interview Acceptance/Regrets Thread

future_doc

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The worst thing is that they seem to enjoy it. People enjoy doing bad things.

I don't think they enjoy it. It's been a very tough year for McGill with the strike that lasted 5 months so let's cut them a break. I'm not a McGill fanboy and I do bash them when they deserve it, but in this situation, I think they deserve some wiggle room.

With all these strikes and labor disruptions, I don't think McGill will be as holistic as we'd like them to be because of the lack of time to sift through all the applications, and there may be a tendency for hard cut-offs.

I dont agree. Since the deadline was mid-november this year as opposed to mid-january in the past, I think the admin had plenty of time to properly go through the applications

Then again, I've heard that they are only reading the CV highlights and the abstract- which in itself aren't very time-consuming

They said that the first batch went out on Friday. There will be a few more going out today by end of day. And then that's it. f you don't hear from them, that means you have not been invited for an interview as of yet. However, you can hear back from them at any time up until a few days prior to the actual interview date.

wrt OOP

They said that the first batch went out on Friday. There will be a few more going out today by end of day. And then that's it. f you don't hear from them, that means you have not been invited for an interview as of yet. However, you can hear back from them at any time up until a few days prior to the actual interview date.

wrt OOP

If you status changes to "Reviewed - Decision pending" that means you've been put on the interview waitlist.

If your status changes to "Refused", then you'll have to try again next year :)

If you status changes to "Reviewed - Decision pending" that means you've been put on the interview waitlist.

If your status changes to "Refused", then you'll have to try again next year :)

And if our status currently says:

Items outstanding (see Checklist below)

Then we're still in the middle somewhere?

well if your IP then yes you should call. however if you are OOP, they will not be updating your minerva status.

this is the message that was posted previously on their twitter page.

Notice: Out-of-Province applicants - Checklist items are not being updated in Minerva - electronic review in progress

see: http://twitter.com/aedmedmcgill

Archived