Premed 101 Forums

Wait List Speculation

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Dr. Walker's blog:

As far as the waitlist goes, we really have had no movement in the last 10 days or so (maybe one offer which was immediately accepted). We get periodic updates from OMSAS as to who has accepted elsewhere, so we are waiting for the next one to make sure there is no one on our list who has also accepted another position. That should come next week. I suspect we will have a couple more people change their minds before the end of July, but it won’t be tons. We will be in touch with the remaining waitlisters by the end of this coming week with an update.

This confirm the WL movement is much slower than last year. This trend is going to continue next year.:(

Did anybody get an email today from uofc with regards to whether we still want to stay on the waitlist?

I had got an email from them back in june saying I was off the waitlist and today I got another email saying whether I wanted to stay on waitlist. Did anybody else get the same emails?

thanks!

yep, got the same emails

I guess they're just checking who they can take off the waitlist haha... and the email in June tech wasn't that you are OFF the waitlist but that you have a low chance of getting accepted off the waitlist, right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I checked today, and can see my stats.

Horrible GPA (which I knew, 3rd percentile worse then expected)

Overall Pre MMI put me at 87th percentile

MMI was crap (37th Percentile)

for a lovely over all of 46th percentile.

I love that engineering where I took a 130% course load each semester is only in the 54% for academic difficulty. Oh well now I know I NEED to work on my MMI for next year.

I checked today, and can see my stats.

Horrible GPA (which I knew, 3rd percentile worse then expected)

Overall Pre MMI put me at 87th percentile

MMI was crap (37th Percentile)

for a lovely over all of 46th percentile.

I love that engineering where I took a 130% course load each semester is only in the 54% for academic difficulty. Oh well now I know I NEED to work on my MMI for next year.

What the heck are your EC's/VR that despite having a 3rd percentile GPA you had a pre MMI of 87%?!?!? Nice work... seriously. lol.

What the heck are your EC's/VR that despite having a 3rd percentile GPA you had a pre MMI of 87%?!?!? Nice work... seriously. lol.

Ummm...

Severely disabled brother, who I love and help care for, especially when younger.

Internationally ranked platform diver, but I retired at 17.

I sit on 2 international boards for a technical organization as a Young Professional.

I volunteer at children's hospitals, especially when far away from my brother.

I initiated a scholarship, well 2 (2 countries) and helped give a guy at MIT ~$400,000 last year for epilepsy research (not of my money, I wish!).

I tutor to earn extra money (or did when Grad school made me poor), now I volunteer tutor at a young woman's housing facility.

Honestly I just do what I'm passionate about doing. I never tried to do something to "look good" to a medical school, and I always took the opportunities volunteering afforded me to gain responsibility and experience.

Oh and my VR was a 14, which helped...

Archived