Premed 101 Forums

Wait List Speculation

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday. I have accepted the offer (and will be declining UofA now). Good luck to everyone on the list! I'm sure there is still plenty of movement to come. Can't wait to see some of you in July!

Congrats!! And thanks so much for letting us know :) Some information is always better than none (although I am a bit jealous!! haha)

I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday. I have accepted the offer (and will be declining UofA now). Good luck to everyone on the list! I'm sure there is still plenty of movement to come. Can't wait to see some of you in July!

Congrats! When was the time stamp?

So beside those two offers that we are aware of, are there any other ones that came out yesterday? The reason I am wondering is that last year 20-30 offers were released simultaneously but this year I am not sure if that is the case. If 20-30 were released yesterday I am sure we would heard about it?

I dont know, may be I am just trying to make myself feel better that more offers are to come????

Any thoughts you guys??:confused:

It certainly seems slower this year compared to last year. There were quite a few activities by those accepted/declined last year in May 22 when the first batch came out; and then some more early in June, and a few after that. The last one was around July 1.

This is way too quiet...

It certainly seems slower this year compared to last year. There were quite a few activities by those accepted/declined last year in May 22 when the first batch came out; and then some more early in June, and a few after that. The last one was around July 1.

This is way too quiet...

It is concerning. Hopefully the wave is just waiting...

I guess our luck....the year we get waitlisted things dont seem to be in our favour....

I am also on the FB for UOFC Class 2015 and I know there are a number of people that have deferred for the LIM program, so there are definitely at least 20-30 offers that should be coming but the question is, have those offers already come out or is there still some hope.....

I work at foothills hospital and today i was looking up Dr. Ian Walker on the directory, I felt like just walking down to his dept and just asking him to update the blog....but then I changed my mind lol...

I guess our luck....the year we get waitlisted things dont seem to be in our favour....

I am also on the FB for UOFC Class 2015 and I know there are a number of people that have deferred for the LIM program, so there are definitely at least 20-30 offers that should be coming but the question is, have those offers already come out or is there still some hope.....

I work at foothills hospital and today i was looking up Dr. Ian Walker on the directory, I felt like just walking down to his dept and just asking him to update the blog....but then I changed my mind lol...

Week of May 21 I cried in their office, trying to figure out if I should accept a job. Crying didn't help my cause. Though I did get a tissue and a cookie!

Good call, lol. I think he's a nice guy, but not that nice. I work at the Health Sciences center too, and every time I pass the admissions office, I just want to go in and ask if Dr. Walker is in there or not. Anyway, I think the we had a wave last week of about 20 offers. To be optimistic, I think last year they probably sent WL offers in batches, and this year, 2 or 3 offers at a time. The LIM spots are definitely not offered yet, since I think LIM apps take a little bit of time, so those will come out later this month. Hope is still there, but at this point we just don't know much. But maybe the total amount of WL movement will be the same at the end of the day. Let's not think too much until the next blog update. But like you said, it might be just our luck, the one year we are waitlisted everyone wants to go to u of c... (not necessarily a bad thing for the school, but for us...)

Week of May 21 I cried in their office, trying to figure out if I should accept a job. Crying didn't help my cause. Though I did get a tissue and a cookie!

Wow! I would have thought they would tell you especially if you have a job offer....but i guess they are really strict with their policies :mad:

LMFAO good choice...

I hope you are feeling better now. Be positive! At this point, there's not much we can do to improve our chances, since they are theoretically already set in stone (we just don't know yet), but we can always hope, and there's nobody that can stop us from doing that! My personal rule is hope for the best, but expect and prepare for the worst. I don't know your personal situation, so I can really give you any good advice on your job, but at the end of the day, everything will be alright.

FYI, if you really wanted the cookie, you didn't have to cry for it, I heard the ladies at the office are really nice, and all you have to do is ask, and they will shower you with candy. (just kidding...)

Wow! I would have thought they would tell you especially if you have a job offer....but i guess they are really strict with their policies :mad:

I was hoping too!

However I may have the option to differ (I took the job) if I get off the WL, depending on a combination of # of other differals and if I had started the job by the offer date.. Which would be ideal for anyone below me on the list.

My feeling is that the adcom thinks that feedback, such as the scores before interview, and now, our final scores and rankings on the WL are helpful after the fact, but the truth is, they are probably more useful now, when we are waiting. We are adults, we can make informed decisions, only if we know more about the situation. Right now, I am feeling more and more hopeless because I don't know anything, I might get an offer now, or never. Anyway, I am an advocate of giving people their scores and stuff. But I guess not a lot of med schools do this, only NOSM release WL rankings. There are some serious problems with giving out WL ranks, and will just be a lot more work to keep it viable if a school decides to do this...

First step to overcoming an addiction -- admitting you have one...

Ok, I was able to go the entire weekend without obsessively checking this forum, the admissions blog or UCAN. I did good. But I've lapsed and now the cycle continues...WAITLIST MOVE!!!!

Should we go around the circle introducing ourselves... Hi my name is..., I am a waitlist/email checking addict.

I just withdrew from UofC as I was accepted off waitlist last Thursday from UofA. It was a really tough decision but I tried to make it as fast as possible! Good luck to you all!!!!

Thanks for letting us know! Best of luck to you :)

Archived