Premed 101 Forums

Wait List Speculation

I too have been stalking this forum for the last few weeks... I've never posted before, but right now I'm feeling such solidarity with y'all that I thought I'd say hi! I'm waitlisted as well, going insane... PLEASE JUST TELL US!!! haha.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm OOP and waitlisted as well. Also going crazy! I'm glad it's the weekend when nothing can happen. A little time to breathe. I wish the refresh button did not exist! Glad to hear I'm not the only one wearing it out.

Good to see all the waitlisters posting here! Yeah, we should all enjoy the weekend. I think maybe Dr. Walker sent today's offers yesterday at 4pm. So there should be some more offers on Monday.

Do you mean for OOP or IP? Hope there are more offers on Monday!

Hopefully a mix of both, not sure though. The Thursday offers were all IP. I think IP offers will trickle out slow and steady, while there are more OOP offers in the beginning. But this all depends on the WL pool (I.e. is the OOP WL pool stronger than the IP?) I think there should be some offers Monday, or at least I hope. Are you OOP or IP?

Hopefully a mix of both, not sure though. The Thursday offers were all IP. I think IP offers will trickle out slow and steady, while there are more OOP offers in the beginning. But this all depends on the WL pool (I.e. is the OOP WL pool stronger than the IP?) I think there should be some offers Monday, or at least I hope. Are you OOP or IP?

I'm OOP. Calgary is my top choice!

A specific number of seats are set to OOP, they go down the OOP list for those spots. Only if the OOP list is exhausted will they offer those spots to IP.

A specific number of seats are set to OOP, they go down the OOP list for those spots. Only if the OOP list is exhausted will they offer those spots to IP.

I think you are right on the number of seats allowed for OOP, I.e. 15%, but they will offer seats to whoever has the higher score. So if right now, the next IP Waitlister has higher scores than the next OOP Waitlister, the offer goes to the IP. There's 85% of seats reserved for IP, and the 15% is not reserved but is the max amount of OOP they will take per class. Since OOP applicants are generally very strong, they have higher scores, and get off the WL sooner, and this seems to be the case this year, based on the UCAN stats shown so far. So I guess the offers will go out to OOP in the beginning in big batches, then just slow down a lot. And the IP will just have small number of offers every day or every few days for the next month. Feel free to point out if I am wrong.

Good to see all the waitlisters posting here! Yeah, we should all enjoy the weekend. I think maybe Dr. Walker sent today's offers yesterday at 4pm. So there should be some more offers on Monday.

I've decided not to count on the dates released on the blog. I can't think of a single time when they have been accurate. I think Dr. Walker is liable to release offers at any time! I was even thinking he may release some on the weekend... although that doesn't seem likely. Hasn't stopped me from refreshing my email all day though.

I've decided not to count on the dates released on the blog. I can't think of a single time when they have been accurate. I think Dr. Walker is liable to release offers at any time! I was even thinking he may release some on the weekend... although that doesn't seem likely. Hasn't stopped me from refreshing my email all day though.

Haha, Dr. Walker is known to release things earlier than he announces in his blog. Like last year with the 4am offer release, instead of in the afternoon, and this year, on the 11th instead of the 15th. And now, release IP WL offers Thursday, instead of Friday. Lol. But I guess it really doesnt matter, since the earlier the better and he's really not off by too much, at least he's keeping us in the loop. Plus, we always know if offers are sent out after the fact anyways.

I don't think he is able to send out offers during the weekend, since he doesn't work from home (that's why he sent out offers last year early), and I don't think he works during the weekend (never seen him updating the blog, or answering questions during the weekend). But yeah, offers can come out anytime, any day, next week, i think. Unfortunately, I think refreshing emails will become a habit even past this WL period.

Haha I reacted the same way. Each new post on pm101 today has been making me super paranoid... really want this whole wait list business to end soon!

Really hoping for some good news for us all today! :)

Me 2! I have to pack up my Calgary house by Thursday because I took a job in another province starting later this month. I keep hoping a I get accepted so I don't have to pack anything up...

Do you guys think they will release any offers today? This waitling frame is not fun at all.....:eek:

No offers today then I assume, lol. Or are the offers coming out 2 or 3 at a time, that nobody knows they are coming out? I was able to distract myself all day today. Will try to do the same tomorrow, but I am getting a little bit crazy here. But what I am sure about is that there will definitely be offers coming out this week, and somebody here will be very lucky/happy! So let's keep our hopes up for a while longer!

Archived