Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected

• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

I turned mine in today what can I help you with:)

Trying to compile a realistic list of schools, lol. Is it true that most MD/PhD programs in the States do not require tuition at all? It seems like quite the catch

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to compile a realistic list of schools, lol. Is it true that most MD/PhD programs in the States do not require tuition at all? It seems like quite the catch

whaaaaaat that's news to me... if that's true that would explain why there are so few MD/PhD individuals and why the stream is so small... but as far as I know that's not the case (I think there is some sort of break in the tuition but not a freeride)

Have you bought an MSAR booked/just checked one out at Chapters? I have the old 2010-2011 one but it's pretty great for making a realistic list of schools! Also the message boards on here are pretty accurate in terms of schools taking Canadian students :)

I don't know if that's the case either, but I do know that if you are accepted at Case Western in the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College (I laugh every time I read that, though I know it's named after a donor, I always think of the centre for kids who can't read good lol..) it's free - pretty sweet deal, free school + rotations at cleveland clinic + PBL style program.

I've lost all hope in Mac. Just waiting for the email to drop....I'm predicting tomorrow or Friday :( ...oh well...

Hi guys,

So I took a shot and e-mailed Wendy about when we might be hearing that the class is full, this is what she sent me:

"We are still waiting on a few accepts (offers that were made after deferrals were granted). I expect these to be received soon. Once they are, and assuming there is no other changes, I will be sending out an email to those on the wait-list to let them know. We don’t officially collapse the wait-list until classes start in case anyone who has accepted, withdraws their acceptance (rare, but it has happened)…but if you prefer at that point to come off the wait-list you can let me know

Take care

Wendy"

yep.. so.. soon! lol.. it's been fun guys. :)

yep.. so.. soon! lol.. it's been fun guys. :)

Thanks for e-mailing! I was going to do the same so I can get some closure.

Yea, it's been insane but also fun in a weird and sadistic kind of way. :D The one thing I got out of this is a bunch of new friends, haha. Let's make a thread in FB for AMCAS so we keep each other updated on the next round of applications. All of us will get in somewhere next year for sure. Best of luck ! :)

Thanks for e-mailing! I was going to do the same so I can get some closure.

Yea, it's been insane but also fun in a weird and sadistic kind of way. :D The one thing I got out of this is a bunch of new friends, haha. Let's make a thread in FB for AMCAS so we keep each other updated on the next round of applications. All of us will get in somewhere next year for sure. Best of luck ! :)

I am so down for this...also it'll serve as a Casper study group... not to mention we need to make beers happen when this AMCAS/Australia applying is all over lol (Leon, Margie, Andy ... lurkers?)

Especially since hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, cheers to this thread and med school maybe? ;)

Thanks to everyone for keeping me sane... dreamsneverdie & aryastark I hope to see you in the not so distant future :D

I am so down for this...also it'll serve as a Casper study group... not to mention we need to make beers happen when this AMCAS/Australia applying is all over lol (Leon, Margie, Andy ... lurkers?)

Especially since hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, cheers to this thread and med school maybe? ;)

Thanks to everyone for keeping me sane... dreamsneverdie & aryastark I hope to see you in the not so distant future :D

HAHA I love the Call Me Maybe reference. Glad spirits are somewhat picking up again on this thread!

LOL good one! Thanks Tee! I was really hoping you, margie, andy, and leon would join us!!! You guys are amazing and I am sure I will see you next year. I can't imagine how agonizing it must have been the last couple of weeks, since one week was enough to drive me nuts. That being said, it will all be worth it next year when you get in. Thanks again for keeping me sane!

LOL good one! Thanks Tee! I was really hoping you, margie, andy, and leon would join us!!! You guys are amazing and I am sure I will see you next year. I can't imagine how agonizing it must have been the last couple of weeks, since one week was enough to drive me nuts. That being said, it will all be worth it next year when you get in. Thanks again for keeping me sane!

++++++++ Totally agree!

You guys are making me sad with all this talk of next year. When I read Wendy's email to margie I was like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFy2K_jo-Kk&feature=fvwp

(minus the baldness - the rest was all there)

About this class full business, I have this to say:

22278396.jpg

No more sadness in this thread! You're ALL winners and you're all amazing :) And there are bigger and better things waiting for all of you, and you need to inbox me your facebook IDs right now! And finally, I demand you dance to celebrate your combined awesomeness, without regard for people staring at you as though you're nuts. Please follow Voldy:

No more sadness in this thread! You're ALL winners and you're all amazing :) And there are bigger and better things waiting for all of you, and you need to inbox me your facebook IDs right now! And finally, I demand you dance to celebrate your combined awesomeness, without regard for people staring at you as though you're nuts. Please follow Voldy:

LOL Hilarious! And I want ID's too please!

I'm sorry guys :( I really hope I will see you all next year, don't lose hope!

I, for one, felt nothing when the e-mail came. I already anticipated this.

I'm sure everything happens for a reason. Maybe I'll meet the love of my life in my year off, haha. I hope I'm lucky enough to get an interview next year and hope to see you guys in March!

Adios amigos!

any thoughts on re-applying with the same stats? i'm unsure if that would be a 'throw away year' or if you can chaulk it up to the uncertainty of the rest of the pool

If your GPA is even mildly competitive (3.75ish) and VR is 10+, it will come down to really how well you perform on CASPER.

Seeing as how the formula post-interview isn't changing (as far as I know), and the interview is still worth 70%, then applying with the same stats will just most likely get you an interview again and it'll be up to you to perform better (or get luckier) in your MMI circuit. I wouldn't consider it a waste of a year if you do something you enjoy and really re-explore why you want to get into medicine so you can come back to Hamilton in 7 months and really impress.

If you're thinking about other school's however, it may be worth it to pursue a MSc or even just do a victory lap in another bachelor degree, or find a research job, or travel! All those things will always help an application but only if they affect you positively and if you view them positively.

Good luck next cycle!

Archived