Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected

• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

I know!! I was there last summer and fell in love.. if only I had 250,000 dollars to spend on tuition... sigh.

anyone wanna come to Australia with me if this all goes to bust? lol

At this point I've come to understand I'm going to be in debt either way... Australia is sounding like a good bet, if all is said and done give me some details and I'll come out there :D could be an adventure!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point I've come to understand I'm going to be in debt either way... Australia is sounding like a good bet, if all is said and done give me some details and I'll come out there :D could be an adventure!

awesomeballs! :D

but I really really hope we won't have to and we'll just be planning our celebration party for us waitlisters!!!

fingers crossed guys!!

Hang in there guys... at least there has barely been any movement this week, so its not like you're missing the wave (I know this is what worried me just last week). I know how painful this is, and you guys are still hopeful and cheerful, which is why you're all awesome!

Maybe they have to sift through everyone who was previously waitlisted that has now accepted somewhere else and they're moving people up the list accordingly? ... Tuesday seems like a safe bet because invites literally trickled out this week (there was almost no movement).

I really hope that's the reason why, though again, I have trouble seeing how that would take so much time (especially if I assume all they are doing is crossing off a persons name and taking the person below), unless they have some sort of form which they need to fill out for each person who takes themselves off the wait list? No idea.

At this point, I really wish we were given an original position on the wait list. I keep on having these nightmares that they skipped over me for some weird reason or another (like they accidentally pulled me off the list, sending an acceptance email to the wrong person and them declining for me, etc). At least if I knew that they had only made it down to #70 on the wait list and I was #80, I wouldn't have to worry that I missed anything, or if it did make to to #70 and I was #65, I could always call and ask about it (however unlikely that would be lol).

LMAO

I actually had a similar nightmare, except somehow I was accepted to Queens ... and declined to be on the waitlist at Mac<--because I want to go to Mac so badly rotfl.

So I am going through the exact same anxiety/pains you are going through but then I think what if I was waitlist number 100... and then they took 99 and said the class was full... how depressing would that be? <-- nothing a bottle of wine doesn't solve but I digress hahahahaha

Andy & tee, totally feeling that. I think in the long run if I were to not get into Mac I would rather not be on the waitlist. this feeling of maybe might we can we are we is beyond torture.

why can't Mac be like NOSM and give us weekly updates and tell us where our place is?? I guess there's a lot more applicants but still.. would be helpful.

Lupe, thank you for the words of encouragement.. you are my hero lolol I wanna be just like youuu. :P

but 2 people is nothing... literally trickles of acceptances this week instead of the "waves" we saw previously... it's really interesting, I think they're holding out until next week for the "wave" to hit ;)

It seems as if all schools are moving a bit differently from previous years. I've been creeping the NOSM forum, and it seems if there's been lots of miscommunication (or people being misled by others on the forum) as to when wait list offers were coming out, and now with the class being full. Ottawa seems to have moved quite a bit, Western is now onto it's good wait list, but Queens didn't seem to move much at all (contrary to previous years).

Mac's wait list doesn't seem to be moving with the same "regular" dates as previous years. It does seem that there might be some invites on Mon/Tues, just because the wait list offers from Western came quite late this year....I doubt that they are holding back at this point in the cycle though, because there would be so few declines, it would make sense (to me at least) to process them as they came in - which is why I think the "holding out" might be by people who are waiting on/deciding between multiple schools again. This wait is slowly killing me though, and sapping me of energy. I really need to move on lol.

I'm right there with you Leon...I already feel like this week was torturous enough and am just planning for plan B like things so I have something to really look forward to, to get me through this potential upcoming application cycle

...secretly hope for the wave doktagreen is predicting hahaha ;)

not that facebook is a good predictor... but more people joined over the weekend, which makes me feel like I missed some sort of wave last week and people just didn't post or aren't on PM101

5 more people added to FB group! eeek!

boo!!

but it could be that ppl who had already accepted are just late in joining FB.. I think I would be too busy celebrating and getting all of the deposit stuff together in the first few days and Facebook would be low on my priority list.. IF I were so lucky to be accepted lol

we don't know what'll happen til it's all over guys.. don't give up hope yet..

boo!!

but it could be that ppl who had already accepted are just late in joining FB.. I think I would be too busy celebrating and getting all of the deposit stuff together in the first few days and Facebook would be low on my priority list.. IF I were so lucky to be accepted lol

we don't know what'll happen til it's all over guys.. don't give up hope yet..

Hey guys. Margie is right, most of the new people who joined have just been late. Some people didn't know about the group, others didn't know about it, and our dear dreamsneverdie didn't have an account! So don't worry you didn't miss it!

You guys totally stole my thunder!

21841218.jpg

.....And also the fact that we were far more neurotic than people last year, lol. But srsly though, the higher the number of memes, the higher the chances of thread success.

Hey guys. Margie is right, most of the new people who joined have just been late. Some people didn't know about the group, others didn't know about it, and our dear dreamsneverdie didn't have an account! So don't worry you didn't miss it!

Lol, tis true, I finally joined facebook (thesis writing took over my life for a while - I neglected my memes too, but no more blasphemy of this sort) and now I'm addicted to facebook updates...I blame my lack of productivity on the awesomeness of my future classmates.

I hope there is major movement this week guys! Those who got in on May 28th off the waitlist had a deadline for tomorrow to get back to Wendy, and I am guessing later waitlist offers had later staggered response deadlines - so if someone was still holding on to their reply while waiting for another waitlist, and their spot is unfilled this week, Wendy will start sending offers to more people off the waitlist! So I hope to see more movement this week and will be hoping I see you guys post acceptances! Go team waitlist! :)

Archived