• Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

long time lurker, first time poster :)

accepted to waterloo campus!!

Timestamp 2:54

VR 11

GPA 3.96

i have to say i dont think i woukd've survived the wait without you guys! Thanks and hopefully i see you all next year!!

congrats lime green!!... the lime will go excellent with the tequila I'm talking about, hopefully we'll be able to drink some with you one day soon!:D

on a side and separate note, I'm not gonna lie, Queen's has some pretty awesome stuff coming to their campus this year (I was checking that out in case of applying again) their new building/curriculum seems pretty awesome. <-- I didn't get why people were defaulting to Queen's on multiple acceptances before, but now I see what they're saying.

sigh... there is always next year ;)

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, I'm done. The mental torture is too much and I think after 4 days of offers, chances now are pretty slim.

i agree. i'm sorry. i'm happy for people, but it's really hard. a bunch of my peers who i took classes/tons of ECs with got in this week and that is great but it hurts. i guess it's not over till it's over, but now i'm the back up to the back up and that sucks. i'm not trying to be rude but these ups and downs are brutal and i need to just realize that i'm not good enough for what the want this year and move on.

i agree. i'm sorry. i'm happy for people, but it's really hard. a bunch of my peers who i took classes/tons of ECs with got in this week and that is great but it hurts. i guess it's not over till it's over, but now i'm the back up to the back up and that sucks. i'm not trying to be rude but these ups and downs are brutal and i need to just realize that i'm not good enough for what the want this year and move on.

Believe me, I understand that it sucks, and I don't want to tell you how to think, but I'm just going to provide my 2 cents if you would like them. Thinking that you're not good enough is simply not true. There were 4200 applicants this year, and you were one of the 550 that received an interview invitation. After that, yes you weren't accepted, but you weren't rejected either. All of these things should tell you something, that you must be pretty amazing to have made it this far. The problem is that there are way too many people who deserve to get into medical school, and those people are great candidates too, but there are just not enough seats. So no matter what happens, at least you made it this far, and next year, you'll make it one step further.

Believe me, I understand that it sucks, and I don't want to tell you how to think, but I'm just going to provide my 2 cents if you would like them. Thinking that you're not good enough is simply not true. There were 4200 applicants this year, and you were one of the 550 that received an interview invitation. After that, yes you weren't accepted, but you weren't rejected either. All of these things should tell you something, that you must be pretty amazing to have made it this far. The problem is that there are way too many people who deserve to get into medical school, and those people are great candidates too, but there are just not enough seats. So no matter what happens, at least you made it this far, and next year, you'll make it one step further.

I agree totally, if not this year, that can only mean something bigger and better is on the way, the gods of karma like to work like this. The fact that you have already made it further than 80% of the applicants by getting an interview, truly says something about your capabilities. We are all here for one reason or another and that is not for lack of perseverance or persistence. It'll come, trust me and it won't come if you already take your self out of the race and simply don't try (can't win if you don't play).

But I digress..these same gods invented tequila and you folks are more than welcome to join me, Leon and margiethemoo for some sort of patio escapade:p

I agree totally, if not this year, that can only mean something bigger and better is on the way, the gods of karma like to work like this. The fact that you have already made it further than 80% of the applicants by getting an interview, truly says something about your capabilities. We are all here for one reason or another and that is not for lack of perseverance or persistence. It'll come, trust me and it won't come if you already take your self out of the race and simply don't try (can't win if you don't play).

But I digress..these same gods invented tequila and you folks are more than welcome to join me, Leon and margiethemoo for some sort of patio escapade:p

:) totally agree. we are not losers! (is that what losers say? lol kidding)

in the long run, like.. five to ten years from now, all of this suffering will be laughable!

i've been so scared of rejection this is only my second time applying to med schools when technically i could have been trying like.. five years ago. but all of this time helped me realize that this is what i want to do with my life.. even if it take a bit longer and i'm that creepy old lady who needs reading glasses to do sutures.. oh god i hope not.

it's great that you all have plans for next year- if you've made it this far, chances are you'll make it even further next time around, knowing what you know now, right?

good luck to everyone and lets hope that the waitlist movement hasn't stopped!!

Every single hope-based thread has a point where the hope begins to dwindle, fewer posters leave replies, less people view etc. etc. This is a classic trend seen on pre-med forums. However, it has only been two days since the deadline and you guys are losing your spirits, talking about getting naked, being hit by cars and such. Be careful, hold on to your dignity and keep those fingers crossed - it is not over till the fat lady sends an e-mail (no offence to Wendy).

Every single hope-based thread has a point where the hope begins to dwindle, fewer posters leave replies, less people view etc. etc. This is a classic trend seen on pre-med forums. However, it has only been two days since the deadline and you guys are losing your spirits, talking about getting naked, being hit by cars and such. Be careful, hold on to your dignity and keep those fingers crossed - it is not over till the fat lady sends an e-mail (no offence to Wendy).

hahahaha I love the "getting naked" part followed by the much more melancholy, hit by cars hahahaha ;)

Thank you comeon, I really appreciate when posters keep the hope alive, as it is very difficult to keep it going. Though I have not ever met Wendy, it certainly is not over until the

fat lady sends an e-mail (no offence to Wendy).

Hi All

Before i posted this and even became a member on this forum today, i thought about whether I should or should not and was very wary of wasting anyone's time and space!!! :confused:

First of all I am not a med school hopeful and do not plan to be but know of someone very close on here who is.

I have been reading all of the threads from this forum and all of the threads from the Ontario Medical School Forums................................... I have not come across such a close knit group who are full of determination and support for one another. Having gone through all of the forums and threads and exchanging my own speculations and calculations indexed into the responses/data from this forum, the other forums and FB, I would like to sincerely send my admiration to all of you on here. I have been following all of your posts (very sad of me but I couldnt help but creep with admiration and awe), this group has supported each other far beyond any of the other groups and if it acts as a substitute you should all be VERY VERY VERY proud of your shere passion for this profession.

I can only imagine that, for all of you, the phrase 'at least we made it this far' may not come close to the success of actually getting in but in all honesty, the fact that you all have gone beyond yourself to get this far is, for me, what really counts, there is nothing worse than having a guilty conscious and knowing you didnt push yourself far enough, but from what I have read you should all be very proud and guilt free.

FYI - There are even people in other forums talking about how much activity is on this thread!!

Its not over until Wendy sings and when she does, I hope it will be for all of you hopefuls, drenched in tequila.........

As the famous Gladiator film qoute goes......

Med School hopefuls...... I salute you (bows down)

Hi All

Before i posted this and even became a member on this forum today, i thought about whether I should or should not and was very wary of wasting anyone's time and space!!! :confused:

First of all I am not a med school hopeful and do not plan to be but know of someone very close on here who is.

I have been reading all of the threads from this forum and all of the threads from the Ontario Medical School Forums................................... I have not come across such a close knit group who are full of determination and support for one another. Having gone through all of the forums and threads and exchanging my own speculations and calculations indexed into the responses/data from this forum, the other forums and FB, I would like to sincerely send my admiration to all of you on here. I have been following all of your posts (very sad of me but I couldnt help but creep with admiration and awe), this group has supported each other far beyond any of the other groups and if it acts as a substitute you should all be VERY VERY VERY proud of your shere passion for this profession.

I can only imagine that, for all of you, the phrase 'at least we made it this far' may not come close to the success of actually getting in but in all honesty, the fact that you all have gone beyond yourself to get this far is, for me, what really counts, there is nothing worse than having a guilty conscious and knowing you didnt push yourself far enough, but from what I have read you should all be very proud and guilt free.

FYI - There are even people in other forums talking about how much activity is on this thread!!

Its not over until Wendy sings and when she does, I hope it will be for all of you hopefuls, drenched in tequila.........

As the famous Gladiator film qoute goes......

Med School hopefuls...... I salute you (bows down)

OMG That's my favorite movie :P! And it has been since like gr 3 when it came out! Maximus never gave up... neither should we! PS thanks for your post.

Hi All

when you get in, you'll get a good laugh out of our fb group then! best of luck!

OMG That's my favorite movie :P! And it has been since like gr 3 when it came out! Maximus never gave up... neither should we! PS thanks for your post.

lol you were only in grade 3 when gladiator came out...? I was like in grade 9....

imma go cry now.... T^T

lolol but thanks so much Turk!!! warm and fuzzies, warm and fuzzies :)

let's hope more of us get in today guys! still the first week!

lol you were only in grade 3 when gladiator came out...? I was like in grade 9....

imma go cry now.... T^T

lolol but thanks so much Turk!!! warm and fuzzies, warm and fuzzies :)

let's hope more of us get in today guys! still the first week!

Lol might've been grade 4 actually... hope that makes you feel a little better :P?! Please don't cry I feel bad now :(. I was just trying to illustrate my long time commitment to that movie :P

Just got an offer to Hamilton, timestamp 11:09 AM

Stats:

GPA - not sure but above 3.9

VR - 12

Thought the interview was okay, messed up some stations but thought I did well on others.

Good luck to everyone here

Congrats peter! :)

sigh.. does anyone else feel like there's this really supercool party and you're the only one not invited? :(

Congrats peter! :)

sigh.. does anyone else feel like there's this really supercool party and you're the only one not invited? :(

:( I feel the same, I guess after today the chances to get in are really slim. I have depicted so many times in my head the moment I get a surprising email from Wendy, but I guess it's not happening.

:( I feel the same, I guess after today the chances to get in are really slim. I have depicted so many times in my head the moment I get a surprising email from Wendy, but I guess it's not happening.

I know exactly how you feel, because I've been doing that too. It's definitely making things much worse! :( Kind of hard to stop thinking about it though, even though I keep telling myself not to have a heart attack when my phone starts beeping. Evil phone.

Just got an offer to Hamilton, timestamp 11:09 AM

Stats:

GPA - not sure but above 3.9

VR - 12

Thought the interview was okay, messed up some stations but thought I did well on others.

Good luck to everyone here

All the people who have gotten off the waitlist have had GPA>3.9, VR>11

All the people who have gotten off the waitlist have had GPA>3.9, VR>11

Not necessarily true, if you hit the accepted/waitlist/rejection board, one inspiring individual had a cgpa of 3.59 and a verbal of 10 with an mcat of 29.

and a couple with a verbal score of 9, it's a good year to be a 3rd year though from what I'm gathering.

Not necessarily true, if you hit the accepted/waitlist/rejection board, one inspiring individual had a cgpa of 3.59 and a verbal of 10 with an mcat of 29.

and a couple with a verbal score of 9, it's a good year to be a 3rd year though from what I'm gathering.

*gasp* is mac ageist...?

lolol

I can't believe I finally get to post one of these!!!

Accepted!!!

Hamilton Campus

GPA 3.60

MCAT VR 9/ PS 11/ BS 13/ Q

Masters completed in 2010 and pretty much just hoping for this moment since then.

Of course, strange things always happen with me, so I actually got the email from the buddy they assigned first, so I started freaking out, then realized it was weird, and then called the office. Apparently I never received Wendy's first email.

I was originally crying and shaking and pretty much screaming my head off. But now I just feel this strange calm.

I know how painful this week has been. One minute I would feel really depressed and the next I would be hopeful. You guys have kept me going, especially Tee and Margie. Thank you so much! I really hope you guys get in, I can't think of classmates I would rather have.

Accepted!!!

Hamilton Campus

GPA 3.60

Masters completed in 2010 and pretty much just hoping for this moment since then.

Of course, strange things always happen with me, so I actually got the email from the buddy they assigned first, so I started freaking out, then realized it was weird, and then called the office. Apparently I never received Wendy's first email.

I was originally crying and shaking and pretty much screaming my head off. But now I just feel this strange calm.

I know how painful this week has been. One minute I would feel really depressed and the next I would be hopeful. You guys have kept me going, especially Tee and Margie. Thank you so much! I really hope you guys get in, I can't think of classmates I would rather have.

OMG!! :D

I'm so happy for you!! really!!!!! :D it's crazy that you didn't get the e-mail from Wendy first!! congratulations!!!!! go out and celebrate!!! ;)

Accepted!!!

Hamilton Campus

GPA 3.60

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! omg... I got tingles down my spine, this is incredible, I am so happy for you!!! :D!! If we don't get in now, then by all means in the future it would be a pleasure to know you as a colleague!

Archived