1. 1. Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected

• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

hey guys,

so i finally decided to get an account after months of stalking this forum >.<

i'm on the waitlist as well so i thought it'd be nice to be amongst people who share the same feelings as i do :D

@margiethemoo: i think you were in my MMI group! if your username has any relation to your real name, then i think it's you.... as i remember, you destroyed me at the debate station xD

Well at least now you know why you're waitlisted... Got some stats you want to share lol?

Just kidding!

There's 173 in the group now. Not much movement at all.

Don't give up hope guys! Three of my friends were all waitlisted each at three places, and got either two or three offers. So there's still a LOT of people I'm sure who are waiting on multiple lists, gettng their pick of places, and dropping spots. There's gotta be lots of movement left to go...

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey guys,

so i finally decided to get an account after months of stalking this forum >.<

i'm on the waitlist as well so i thought it'd be nice to be amongst people who share the same feelings as i do :D

@margiethemoo: i think you were in my MMI group! if your username has any relation to your real name, then i think it's you.... as i remember, you destroyed me at the debate station xD

LOL maybe we were in the same mmi group! even if i did destroy you, look where i am now... *sigh*

welcome to the waitlist support group!!! aww i really hope we all get in..

trickles of movement are good! makes me feel less like i've missed the big wave..

LOL maybe we were in the same mmi group! even if i did destroy you, look where i am now... *sigh*

welcome to the waitlist support group!!! aww i really hope we all get in..

trickles of movement are good! makes me feel less like i've missed the big wave..

haha, it's all good :)

at least we're all in this together and i hope we all get in soon!

Alright I'm doing some mid-week praying... come onnnnnn wait-list exhaustion!!!:D How crazy would it be if this happened?!

On a side note for those of you who really like reading up on these things, this is an interesting article in the economist about the potential future role of doctors:

http://www.economist.com/node/21556227?fb_ref=scn%2Ffb_ec%2Fsqueezing_out_the_doctor&fb_source=home_multiline

Well, if Leon's prediction that 10 more people will come off the wait list, hopefully that's us! It would be totally crazy if the wait list was exhausted though. I wonder how far down they have gotten so far?

Interesting article, though it seems as if the role they're predicting is just a more focused scope on difficult cases. Though, I suppose it's hard to predict where we'll be in 50 years...perhaps we actually will be like the Jetsons lol.

haha, it's all good :)

at least we're all in this together and i hope we all get in soon!

And this is probably incredibly embarrassing on my part, but as soon as I read this, all I could think of was the song from High School Musical...just that cool lol :)

Well, if Leon's prediction that 10 more people will come off the wait list, hopefully that's us! It would be totally crazy if the wait list was exhausted though. I wonder how far down they have gotten so far?

Lol, 10 was a relatively arbitrary number. Based on past years, the FB group, the number of posted acceptances and the number of posted offers off waitlist, I expect quite a few more. Of course this is all just speculation and my estimate could be completely out the window but I'm expecting more than 10 more offers in the next 3 weeks, though only a few may be posted on premed101.

Well, that's a pretty well informed 10 since it includes all the info which we have available to us...lol

Western's high and regular wait lists have moved! Perhaps this is overly optimistic of me, but people who were on the high wait list at Western (or even the regular) may have been holding out for a spot there...so the "second wave" might happen at the end of this week/early next. If anyone does here back (and is lurking) please post!

Keep up the hope guys! I know you will all hear good news, if not tomorrow, at some point in the near future! And for those of you resigning yourself to another round of applications - I have been in your position, and it sucks, but know that eventually, some adcom somewhere will realize your awesomeness and accept you! Keep at it!

I think it's a temporary break to catch uP and see where others are getting offers and declining from mac :) hopefully with other waitlist movement it actually means we are all that muh closer to getting off the list :)... This apparent second wave is still yet to hit!

I think it's a temporary break to catch uP and see where others are getting offers and declining from mac :) hopefully with other waitlist movement it actually means we are all that muh closer to getting off the list :)... This apparent second wave is still yet to hit!

yes yes! :D positivity!!

on a side note.. last year i had my mind set on going to australia (personal reasons plus.. koalas!! :P ) but my parents were completely against it cuz they wanted me to give canadian med schools a proper shot, it was too far, it's too expensive, etc. etc.

but this morning my mom's like.. sooo how about australia..??

just shows how much hope they have in me getting in off the waitlist.. lol

My parents aren't terribly optimistic either, though my sister is probably the worst lol, but I'm still waiting to ride the second wave...

Also, if I ever do get accepted, I really need to get involved in the admissions process somehow. It would be really interesting to see how everything works (even all the admin tasks)...such a burning esire to be an "insider"...how cool would that be :)

My parents aren't terribly optimistic either, though my sister is probably the worst lol, but I'm still waiting to ride the second wave...

Also, if I ever do get accepted, I really need to get involved in the admissions process somehow. It would be really interesting to see how everything works (even all the admin tasks)...such a burning esire to be an "insider"...how cool would that be :)

exactly!! i would love/hate to be wendy. lol

my biggest goal for wanting to go to med school is not only to become a physician but get involved with medical education/admissions. one of my previous research supervisors is someone pretty high up in undergraduate MD education at UofT and it sounds so fascinating..

also to fix situations like this where all of us awesome people are stuck on the waitlist!!

Awe Margie and Andy I totally know the feeling where you have to turn to plan B and reflect on what am I going to do to make my application competitive this year... I've been dreading doing it but not all hope is lost! I know it's tough to admit but you really can't give up because once you get in, you know you will make it bigger and better than you could've imagined ;)

yes yes! :D positivity!!

on a side note.. last year i had my mind set on going to australia (personal reasons plus.. koalas!! :P ) but my parents were completely against it cuz they wanted me to give canadian med schools a proper shot, it was too far, it's too expensive, etc. etc.

but this morning my mom's like.. sooo how about australia..??

just shows how much hope they have in me getting in off the waitlist.. lol

I love Australia!! I went there for a conference last month and it was awesome! I wish I applied there in 4th year instead of doing MSc. It is such a great country (minus the gigantic spiders, stinging jellyfish, crocodiles, etc etc) and U of Sydney is so nice and has such a great atmosphere, loved it! But Mac has an exchange program set up wt U of Sydney :))) Goooo Mac!

Hopefully we all hear some good news this week!

Edit: Omg someone was added to teh facebook group!

I hear that the Facebook adding can be delayed so we shouldnt freak out too much.. I'm sure that there have been intermittent offers going out this week, just nothing major.

I'm just praying we don't get an email from Wendy saying that the class is full!!!

I love Australia!! I went there for a conference last month and it was awesome! I wish I applied there in 4th year instead of doing MSc. It is such a great country (minus the gigantic spiders, stinging jellyfish, crocodiles, etc etc) and U of Sydney is so nice and has such a great atmosphere, loved it! But Mac has an exchange program set up wt U of Sydney :))) Goooo Mac!

I know!! I was there last summer and fell in love.. if only I had 250,000 dollars to spend on tuition... sigh.

anyone wanna come to Australia with me if this all goes to bust? lol

I don't think I'll be going to Australia, but I would totally visit! I'm really not made to co-exist with poisonous spiders, snakes, crocodiles etc. lol

And, I really don't think the Facebook group is very accurate at this point (though considering so many people have Facebook and the group is pretty easy to search for, you would think everyone going would have joined) because right now 177-30ish = 147 filled, and as much as I don't want to admit it, there are likely less than 56 spots left in the class...though if it's true, that's really fantastic and I'm sure we'll all get in! Really hoping tomorrow's our day. It would be so awesome to meet/go to school with all of you!

I don't think I'll be going to Australia, but I would totally visit! I'm really not made to co-exist with poisonous spiders, snakes, crocodiles etc. lol

And, I really don't think the Facebook group is very accurate at this point (though considering so many people have Facebook and the group is pretty easy to search for, you would think everyone going would have joined) because right now 177-30ish = 147 filled, and as much as I don't want to admit it, there are likely less than 56 spots left in the class...though if it's true, that's really fantastic and I'm sure we'll all get in! Really hoping tomorrow's our day. It would be so awesome to meet/go to school with all of you!

there may be poisonous snakes and spiders and crocodiles but there are koalas!! and kangaroos! and wallabies!! and cool birds!! so when I was there I saw these awesome looking birds around the city and took so many pictures of them, thinking they were rare but it turns out they're everywhere. they're like the pigeons of australia. oh and one time I was at the park and saw this tree with all these weird looking fruit hanging off of it.. took a closer look and they were BATS!!!! like wth???? lolol ran away like mad

anyhoo nothing would make me happier though than getting that email from Wendy. I swear though this waiting process is making me hate everyone who's been emailing me over the past few weeks, making my heart skip for a second and then crash when I realize it's not from Wendy.. sigh.

Archived