• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess there's a lot of paperwork involved? Though somehow I can't fathom how there's that much paperwork (receive deposit/check off name from list/send confirmation email?), but perhaps there is more to it than that...

I dont mind waiting as long as there's hope!

hopefully western and queens will start moving and ppl will give up their waitlist spots at Mac!!

sigh I was out meeting a friend today and didn't check my email every five minutes like usual.. six new messages!! four spam, two from work.

fml..

Hi guys,

I have been reading this thread and was wondering exactly how bad I did on the mmi, lol. I am almost done my MSc at Mac, next week is my defence actually, I have 13 VR and 3.89 GPA overall I think. I did my undergrad at Western but did switch programs to a Nuclear Medicine Technology at U of T which I didn't like so went back to Western. I thought my VR and GPA were pretty high so I must've bombed the mmi, and this is my second time interviewing at mac as well. lol. I interviewed off the waitlist two years ago in my 4th year. I thought I did pretty well this time around so whyyyyyyyyy oh whyyyy am I not accepted :(

I dont mind waiting as long as there's hope!

hopefully western and queens will start moving and ppl will give up their waitlist spots at Mac!!

sigh I was out meeting a friend today and didn't check my email every five minutes like usual.. six new messages!! four spam, two from work.

fml..

my hearrt stops everytime i get a new email msg, it has always been from like groupon or wagjag, i shud seriuosly stop subscribing!

Hi guys,

I have been reading this thread and was wondering exactly how bad I did on the mmi, lol. I am almost done my MSc at Mac, next week is my defence actually, I have 13 VR and 3.89 GPA overall I think. I did my undergrad at Western but did switch programs to a Nuclear Medicine Technology at U of T which I didn't like so went back to Western. I thought my VR and GPA were pretty high so I must've bombed the mmi, and this is my second time interviewing at mac as well. lol. I interviewed off the waitlist two years ago in my 4th year. I thought I did pretty well this time around so whyyyyyyyyy oh whyyyy am I not accepted :(

Gah don't give up, remembering that MMI's can be subjective too and as luck would have it, you might have had a bad run in! Don't give up hope there are still spots left and the week is just beginning!

In the mean time start working towards something you're really looking forward to doing... I think if I don't hear by Friday, I've prepped my AMCAS app for submission Friday and am planning to do some relief work/visit Japan again this August, before doing a much dreaded 5th year lol.

So... decided to distract myself from admissions decisions today by watching the Diamond Jubilee concert. First song that comes up... I've got a feeling. And all I could think of was Mac's 2010 interview video. :mad:

So much for moving on =P

I've been going through what other people have said: cycles of extreme hope and depression. I should be focusing and working on my defence, lol.

Where are you applying to in US? I actually got into Wayne State which is where I am going in August (yep, their med school starts in August) if I don't get into Mac or Western. Only huge downsite to Wayne is their tuition of 61,300 per year and no financial aid. I need to take out two lines of credit to pay for that, lol.

Gah don't give up, remembering that MMI's can be subjective too and as luck would have it, you might have had a bad run in! Don't give up hope there are still spots left and the week is just beginning!

In the mean time start working towards something you're really looking forward to doing... I think if I don't hear by Friday, I've prepped my AMCAS app for submission Friday and am planning to do some relief work/visit Japan again this August, before doing a much dreaded 5th year lol.

I've been going through what other people have said: cycles of extreme hope and depression. I should be focusing and working on my defence, lol.

Where are you applying to in US? I actually got into Wayne State which is where I am going in August (yep, their med school starts in August) if I don't get into Mac or Western. Only huge downsite to Wayne is their tuition of 61,300 per year and no financial aid. I need to take out two lines of credit to pay for that, lol.

Haha Wayne State is actually on my list because of their Canadian friendliness.. I'm currently playing the letter of reference game ie) 2 science professors, both from diff science faculties, 1 humanities, 1 shadowing doctor, 1 volunteer/ec ... oh America, I will give it to their process, if they like you, they reallllllly take care of you hahahaha.

I almost wish our Canadian med school applications were similar, it would have a pretty unreal weeding out system (if our extracurriculars were actually emphasized here). I guess the plus side is, you should have those loans paid off in no time if you decide to practice in America and not come back here!

Friday is my D-Day <-- deadline day hahaha:o then all I will be doing is moving forward.

Hey all, so I just turned down my offer in favor of Queen's. There should now be one more seat available for you guys at the NRC. Good luck!!

thanks ajain!!! best of luck at queens!!!

so much love to the ppl who are considerate enough to let us know and let us know that not all hope is lost yet!!

chances are slim, yes but at least we know SOMEONE will still get in

Haha Wayne State is actually on my list because of their Canadian friendliness.. I'm currently playing the letter of reference game ie) 2 science professors, both from diff science faculties, 1 humanities, 1 shadowing doctor, 1 volunteer/ec ... oh America, I will give it to their process, if they like you, they reallllllly take care of you hahahaha.

I almost wish our Canadian med school applications were similar, it would have a pretty unreal weeding out system (if our extracurriculars were actually emphasized here). I guess the plus side is, you should have those loans paid off in no time if you decide to practice in America and not come back here!

Friday is my D-Day <-- deadline day hahaha:o then all I will be doing is moving forward.

I'm in the same position - crossing my fingers for wait list movement and preparing american apps - does anyone know if the letters of reference have to be submitted right away? Or can they come with the secondaries? between holding my breath for the wait list and scrambling with applications I am somewhat overwhelmed!

Whoa this thread moved a lot! In my opinion, the sending of waitlist offers by Mac seems weird this year. More people should have posted so I'm not sure if offers are being held back for some reason or whether the population on premed is just very unrepresentative of the interview pool this year.

Either way, I think at least 10 more people will make it in for sure. I've already started my work for the summer so I'm pleasantly distracted. I must say : life becomes much less neurotic and more stable once you've given up hope, haha. Good luck to everyone that still has the willpower!!!

Whoa this thread moved a lot! In my opinion, the sending of waitlist offers by Mac seems weird this year. More people should have posted so I'm not sure if offers are being held back for some reason or whether the population on premed is just very unrepresentative of the interview pool this year.

Either way, I think at least 10 more people will make it in for sure. I've already started my work for the summer so I'm pleasantly distracted. I must say : life becomes much less neurotic and more stable once you've given up hope, haha. Good luck to everyone that still has the willpower!!!

The FB group has 170 people in it. Again, at least 20 of that is upper years. So either 1/4 of the incoming class doesn't use Facebook... or there are still some places left for you Tee88, Leon, and Margiethemoo...

Hey guys, I received the offer of admission for the Niagara Campus this morning. I am really elated and relieved.

Best of luck to anyone still waiting. It's not over yet. All of you are truly awesome and I would love to be in a PBL group with any of you. :)

congrats Richard!! :) I'm so happy for you!

thanks for the good wishes!!

The hope is still alive!!!

You do get paid more because there is no salary cap, but generally only if you specialize not in terms of family medicine, the problem is that health care is a free market commodity so chances are you will have to turn down care for some

Individuals sometime in your life, which really pulls at my moral compass and I don't like at all

....Unless there are more health reforms, yeah Obama 2012 ;)

Like its closer to 8000$ depending on which state to birth a baby,if you're not covered by insurance, extremely impoverished or extremely wealthy aka you are middle class you pay a lot for health care

honestly w_robin is right... unless 1/4 of the class doesn't have facebook... it seems like there are spots left... and maybe even more so once queens and uwo start moving their lists :D

congrats richardparker, maybe you did get ajain's spot, which is crazy turnover and amazing for you!

hey guys,

so i finally decided to get an account after months of stalking this forum >.<

i'm on the waitlist as well so i thought it'd be nice to be amongst people who share the same feelings as i do :D

@margiethemoo: i think you were in my MMI group! if your username has any relation to your real name, then i think it's you.... as i remember, you destroyed me at the debate station xD

Oh no! Don't give up hope. You guys seem so awesome... it seems like you belong in our class. You're totally the type of people others would be stoked to be in a tutorial with. Two of my very close friends are still waiting so this is me putting out good karma for them and for you :)

Yes! Keep the hope alive guys! It really does seem like you belong in the class! I agree though, the way they're sending out offers this year does seem really strange.

Yes! Keep the hope alive guys! It really does seem like you belong in the class! I agree though, the way they're sending out offers this year does seem really strange.

I feel like there hasn't been a huge wave of movement yet :S just slowly trickling here and there. In any case maybe this is just wishful thinking....

Or maybe many people don't post on PREMED101...

Archived