• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congradulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Ihave onequestion though... They assign a buddy?

Yes apparently, which I thought was a little strange only because its before I've actually accepted the offer (which obviously I will). Its nice though, having someone to go to with questions. The order of emails definitely threw me off though lol.

It might just be that they haven't contacted you yet. It wasn't in Wendy's email or anything. Thank god for that though, otherwise I may not have got the news until the mail package arrived!

PS you guys have gone super quiet!

Oh arya... I research in the day but serve by night... I had to do two parties, one of 40 (kids baseball team and parents) and one of 60 (the entire f*cking baseball tournament... mini league.) lol I woke up with no email and felt pretty bummed!

However, it's the weekend, a temporary reprieve from the constant email checking ;)

I'm still hoping for more movement... but have also resigned myself to starting re-applications<--dreading this and have been putting it off

I work at a campus pub at Mac. Yesterday I served a table of 3 lovely ladies at lunch. When I went to settle their bills, one lady's credit card had her name on it: Wendy Edge.

So of course, being the awkward human I am, I said, "...You're Wendy Edge!" She looked rather uncomfortable and asked if I had gotten an offer. I said I had. She suddenly looked a lot more relieved, probably that I hadn't spat in her food or something. She asked if I had accepted my offer. I said I hadn't. We all had a nice chat about the merits of various schools. She tipped 50%.

Weird experience!

I love speculating what the admissions people look like. Unfortunately I don't think I remember Wendy from the interviews. Obviously I'm sure she was there, but I don't think she introduced herself. Definitely would have been interesting.

However, it's the weekend, a temporary reprieve from the constant email checking ;)

I'm still hoping for more movement... but have also resigned myself to starting re-applications<--dreading this and have been putting it off

I know I said a while ago that I would stop checking the forum etc (because it was getting distracted super distracted while reading things here...with boiling water from the kettle ending up on my foot instead of in my mug of tea - oops!). But I feel like there still might be hope (especially with people receiving multiple waitlist offers - I'm hoping those are under-reported) and then I end up back on here. Maybe we'll all get in on Monday? otherwise I'm almost wishing for the class is full email so that I can definitively move on.

I know I said a while ago that I would stop checking the forum etc (because it was getting distracted super distracted while reading things here...with boiling water from the kettle ending up on my foot instead of in my mug of tea - oops!). But I feel like there still might be hope (especially with people receiving multiple waitlist offers - I'm hoping those are under-reported) and then I end up back on here. Maybe we'll all get in on Monday? otherwise I'm almost wishing for the class is full email so that I can definitively move on.

Haha I imagine ADCOMs have some of the toughest jobs, in a "don't shoot the messenger" kind of way.

I totally hear you andy hahaha I think baby steps towards moving on works, only because clicking the "withdraw application" button would feel like winning the lottery twice (clicking OMSAS YES and AMCAS withdraw), simultaneously may be even better hahaha

I think people have until the 7th to decide, but I imagine that people won't actually wait last minute on this one like they did for May 29th.

Keep the hope alive!!! :D

I work at a campus pub at Mac. Yesterday I served a table of 3 lovely ladies at lunch. When I went to settle their bills, one lady's credit card had her name on it: Wendy Edge.

So of course, being the awkward human I am, I said, "...You're Wendy Edge!" She looked rather uncomfortable and asked if I had gotten an offer. I said I had. She suddenly looked a lot more relieved, probably that I hadn't spat in her food or something. She asked if I had accepted my offer. I said I hadn't. We all had a nice chat about the merits of various schools. She tipped 50%.

Weird experience!

LOLOL that's surreal.

There was a part of me that believed that Wendy isn't a real person - just a fake name they make up and all use to contact us lolol

it would be crazy to be in her position.. so much power!

i remember when i first became a TA and i was inputting students' final marks and felt so powerful.. muhaha..

now i'm completely powerless.. lol

it's not over yet guys..! odds are getting lower and lower but still! not over!!

There are still only 163 people in the fb group, meaning lots of room, even accounting for upper years and people who aren't on facebook or in the group. The Wendy encounter= super awkward + great tip! Tee that sounds brutal, I don't know what I would do with that many kids running around... you must have a lot of patience!

Keep the hope alive you guys, I really hope you all make it!

I think people have until the 7th to decide, but I imagine that people won't actually wait last minute on this one like they did for May 29th.

Keep the hope alive!!! :D

I don't know if this helps, but I have until the 13th... and Lupe got in on the 15th last year!

A fake name would be an awesome idea...great way to deflect blame/inquiries, etc. I do wonder how often she is recognized though. I'm sure there are loads of neurotic premeds like us around who may work at restaurants, stores, etc. She's pretty much a celebrity with a way bigger impact on my life lol. If it would help, I would write her an awesome fan letter telling her how much I love the school with a subtle hint to let me in... :)

Haha yeah it was really weird seeing that name on the card, I definitely wouldn't have recognized her otherwise.

She and the other ladies (who presumably all worked in admissions) did get a little defensive when I said I didn't accept my offer, though. Wendy said "Well you know, our students do just as well as those at other schools on the licensing exams."

Totally random point: every time I hear of Wendy, I think of "Casper the Friendly Ghost" and "Wendy the Good Little Witch".

I can't say I envy her job.

hahaha that's awesome!... alright last day of reprieve (I've actually slept so much on the weekend because I've been so stressed and working off minimal sleep)

come onnnnnnn Monday!

Totally random point: every time I hear of Wendy, I think of "Casper the Friendly Ghost" and "Wendy the Good Little Witch".

I can't say I envy her job.

LOLOL

see? more theories to why Wendy shouldn't actually exist.

CASPer...?? Wendy...?? :P

another week begins tmrw! :D

Western's WL offers should be coming out this week. Perhaps there will be some overlap with people who are still waiting on accepting at Mac? Really hoping that's not wishful thinking. I really want all of us to get in off the waitlist.

Archived