• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'm done. The mental torture is too much and I think after 4 days of offers, chances now are pretty slim.

It was an agonizing wait but the support over the last few weeks here was awesome. I'm glad most of you guys are in, and I hope, with luck, to meet you guys at interviews next March.

Cheers

Leon

Alright, I'm done. The mental torture is too much and I think after 4 days of offers, chances now are pretty slim.

It was an agonizing wait but the support over the last few weeks here was awesome. I'm glad most of you guys are in, and I hope, with luck, to meet you guys at interviews next March.

Cheers

Leon

All's not lost Leon! People have been accepted well into June! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else who's eagerly waiting!

I just got an offer from Mac.

Timestamp 2:54

cGPA: 3.98

MCAT VR: 10

I'll be accepting my offer to Ottawa though probably tomorrow or Monday at which time I will let Wendy know. I hope one of you who are still waiting gets my spot!

Dont give up hope guys. Offers are still being made and will probably continue to be made for the next week and a half (going off of Lupe's info last year and the thread form last year).

Any chance that someone would be willing to call to see whether the office is planning on cutting down the waitlist at some point? (I would but I'm out of the country right now...) That might provide some definitiveness for those of us are still on the waitlist rollercoaster.

Edit: Congrats NSJ on your offer, and thanks for letting us know that you'll be accepting at Ottawa. It's a little bit of hope for the rest of us.

Hey guys. I just wanted to say that no matter what happens, this group has been an unfaltering source of support. I agree with any of you, that the emotional toll of this cycling of hope and despair is too much. Everytime I hear my phone make a sound I jump. I also think that its time to move on, so I need to get back to those AMCAS applications. My advice to those of you doing the same, is get your applications in in June- July. I waited until October last year because I wrote my MCAT so late, and I didn't get in, even though I'm fairly certain I would have had I applied earlier. Also, you can find the secondary questions online for pretty much all schools, so get cracking as soon as you send in your AMCAS because it is very time consuming.

I just got an offer from Mac.

Timestamp 2:54

cGPA: 3.98

MCAT VR: 10

I'll be accepting my offer to Ottawa though probably tomorrow or Monday at which time I will let Wendy know. I hope one of you who are still waiting gets my spot!

Dont give up hope guys. Offers are still being made and will probably continue to be made for the next week and a half (going off of Lupe's info last year and the thread form last year).

Congratulations NSJ and everyone else who was accepted today!

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Perhaps I'm reading far too much into your post, but since you're probably one of the most knowledgeable about the Mac admissions process in this thread, I'm hoping that you have perhaps some insider info which suggests that more offers are forthcoming tomorrow. One can hope (though I really should start to focus on other things like I said I would)...

if only we could send a spy to infiltrate the admissions office and see what's going on... :cool:

oh well. life goes on!

This is how I'm starting to feel!!! oh margie, what's good on the undergrad degrees on ouac, that's what I'm lookin at now :)

This is how I'm starting to feel!!! oh margie, what's good on the undergrad degrees on ouac, that's what I'm lookin at now :)

i'm hearing that kinesiology is a pretty straightforward program, but i'm looking into health studies at mac or anthropology at york.. i'm a big medical anthro and social sciences junkie. Not sure if I want to be spending a year in labs and such doing sciences. this is depressing enough without having to slice open rat brains.

but GAHH what i would give to NOT be doing this right now and just relaxing and getting piss drunk in celebration.

i guess i could get piss drunk either way...

i'm hearing that kinesiology is a pretty straightforward program, but i'm looking into health studies at mac or anthropology at york.. i'm a big medical anthro and social sciences junkie. Not sure if I want to be spending a year in labs and such doing sciences. this is depressing enough without having to slice open rat brains.

but GAHH what i would give to NOT be doing this right now and just relaxing and getting piss drunk in celebration.

i guess i could get piss drunk either way...

Every week I get Thursdays off... I'm guessing you're in the Toronto area which has a lot more to offer, this time next week if neither of us hear anything, let's get piss drunk on a patio, have angry rants and gear up for next cycle ;)

Every week I get Thursdays off... I'm guessing you're in the Toronto area which has a lot more to offer, this time next week if neither of us hear anything, let's get piss drunk on a patio, have angry rants and gear up for next cycle ;)

Sounds like a plan!

Any other lurkers/waitlisters in?

lol u guys are hardcore. I would get like 10 times more depressed if I drank. :/

lol u guys are hardcore. I would get like 10 times more depressed if I drank. :/

Tequila Thursdays? I hear it makes your clothes fall off (which is okay with me since at this point my dignity and ego have been bruised) it'll be a shameless time, it won't be depressing in the least, most of all it'll be judgement free hahahahaha:p

any more takers? Leon? hahaha

Tequila Thursdays? I hear it makes your clothes fall off (which is okay with me since at this point my dignity and ego have been bruised) it'll be a shameless time, it won't be depressing in the least, most of all it'll be judgement free hahahahaha:p

any more takers? Leon? hahaha

LOLOL. awesome.

Archived