Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected

• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

Starting fresh on the June 1st is a great idea! I figure by tomorrow evening, Wendy should have been able to sort out all the first round acceptances/rejections, so if we haven't received anything then, it becomes less and less likely as time goes on (unfortunately, :( ).

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've decided that I'm going to give it until the 30th. If I don't receive that magical email from Wendy by then, will assume rejection and move on =)

I would like SO MUCH to be able to feel this way too and, realistically, I think that's the best thing to do since I agree that as time goes by the chances of getting an acceptance are reduced almost to zero. But there's always that little thought at the back of my head every time I focus on grad school applications or MCAT that "I might not need this...".

so happy for all of you who have gotten acceptances!! and yet I'm so anxious and pessimistic for myself.

I'm turning bipolar. lol switching from hope and anticipation to depression and resignation.

just finished a session of yoga and now I'm at Popeyes getting a super greasy meal.

going crazy here!!

so happy for all of you who have gotten acceptances!! and yet I'm so anxious and pessimistic for myself.

I'm turning bipolar. lol switching from hope and anticipation to depression and resignation.

just finished a session of yoga and now I'm at Popeyes getting a super greasy meal.

going crazy here!!

I know, my ice cream consumption has gone off the charts.

I would like SO MUCH to be able to feel this way too and, realistically, I think that's the best thing to do since I agree that as time goes by the chances of getting an acceptance are reduced almost to zero. But there's always that little thought at the back of my head every time I focus on grad school applications or MCAT that "I might not need this...".

Definitely. I don't think I'll ever the lose that tiny bit of hope every time I check my email until Wendy says class is full. But I've been so unhealthily obsessing since May 15th (more so than after interviews!) its been to the detriment of other stuff I should be doing. I'm also **** at self-discipline so I might end up employing some extreme measures to get myself to move on (e.g. blocking premed101 -gasp horror- ).

I didn't want it to come to this folks but... When this is all said and done lets go out drinking hahahahaha for the sake of my sanity regardless of the outcome

I'm down. This madness has cost me quite a few cranial neurons as it is anyway.

Someone said the acceptance deadline is at 5pm today. If that's the case, I expect maximal movement around and after 5pm today and likely throughout the day tomorrow.

I need to stop making these predictions. They always come true but I'm never a lucky recipient LOL

Someone said the acceptance deadline is at 5pm today. If that's the case, I expect maximal movement around and after 5pm today and likely throughout the day tomorrow.

I need to stop making these predictions. They always come true but I'm never a lucky recipient LOL

You just have to be optimistic and predict you will come off the waitlist for Mac at 5 today. Actually, I predict Leon will come off the waitlist at 5 today. Now you do the same for me with Queens.

Do we know how soon rejection/acceptance information gets sent to the med schools? Just wondering if it'll take a day or so to process... =S

You just have to be optimistic and predict you will come off the waitlist for Mac at 5 today. Actually, I predict Leon will come off the waitlist at 5 today. Now you do the same for me with Queens.

I predict Der Kaiser gets off the waitlist at 5 today! Done :D

Do we know how soon rejection/acceptance information gets sent to the med schools? Just wondering if it'll take a day or so to process... =S

The processing time between OMSAS and individual medical schools is around 24 hours. I don't remember where I go this but I'm quite sure this info is relatively official.

Do you think it will be maximal movement today or tomorrow? You don't think there's some kind of lag between when people accept/decline their offers and when OMSAS relays the information to the schools themselves?

Do you think it will be maximal movement today or tomorrow? You don't think there's some kind of lag between when people accept/decline their offers and when OMSAS relays the information to the schools themselves?

Technically yes there's a 24 hour delay. But I'm sure that enough people have declined their offers already that there should be quite a bit of movement today. Either way this is all speculation but I expect heavy movement in the next 40 hours.

Random: I just realized all this sounds like bowel movements LOL

Random: I just realized all this sounds like bowel movements LOL

Hahaha "heavy movement in the next 40 hours" ... on a side note, I think they send them out in waves, if you read what LupeFiasco wrote and started last year, a whole bunch didn't come out at once (lol) but instead gradually every couple of days acceptances went out all the way to the 15th of June I believe?

Pulling this from his previous thread from last year:

"2010

Accepted = 29

Rejected = 2

Waitlist = 6

Accepted off waitlist = 13 (May 26; May 27; May 27 May 27; May 27; May 27; May 28; May 28; May 28; May 31; May 31; June 16; July 7)

Accepted = 35

Rejected = 7

Waitlist = 13

May 26th, June 9th, and June 15th are popular dates for getting e-mails. The deadline this year is May 27."

So, since our deadline was May 29.. I'm guessing May28-May 31 there is the most movement and subsequent days after that... so I suppose June 1 is a safe bet for the majority of us to start moving on with our lives!

I think they send them out in waves, if you read what LupeFiasco wrote and started last year, a whole bunch didn't come out at once (lol) but instead gradually every couple of days acceptances went out all the way to the 15th of June I believe?

But why do they do it in a trickle? It just doesn't make sense, if by now they know how many spots are open why wouldn't they send out all the acceptances at once? At what point would Wendy just say "well, that's enough for today, maybe I'll do the rest tomorrow"?

Archived