Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Accepted/withdrawing/waitlists/rejected

• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

But why do they do it in a trickle? It just doesn't make sense, if by now they know how many spots are open why wouldn't they send out all the acceptances at once? At what point would Wendy just say "well, that's enough for today, maybe I'll do the rest tomorrow"?

I think because people can get multiple offers off the waitlist... so others on Mac's waitlist, could also be on Queen's or UT's or Western's waitlist... and as soon as they accept a spot to another school, Mac again has a free spot but these individuals now have another week or so to decide.. so I think it's so they don't oversubscribe they kind of trickle it out.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think because people can get multiple offers off the waitlist... so others on Mac's waitlist, could also be on Queen's or UT's or Western's waitlist... and as soon as they accept a spot to another school, Mac again has a free spot but these individuals now have another week or so to decide.. so I think it's so they don't oversubscribe they kind of trickle it out.

I guess... But it's hard on this end to not feel like they're just messing with you,

I wonder how often that actually happens (waitlisted at 2 places and accepted off WL at both). I would not think that much. With re: to some Ontario schools part of the WL movement will come with OOP applicants who initially accept (and pay deposit) but then get accepted to their home province university off the WL (since OMSAS doesn`t know about it).

I wonder how often that actually happens (waitlisted at 2 places and accepted off WL at both). I would not think that much. With re: to some Ontario schools part of the WL movement will come with OOP applicants who initially accept (and pay deposit) but then get accepted to their home province university off the WL (since OMSAS doesn`t know about it).

I think someone who posted they are going to UWO had multiple WL acceptances because they had been waitlisted at Queens, Mac and somewhere else... so as soon as he/she accepted UWO, that freed up spots at all three other schools... so I think it's a mixture of OOP kids and multiple waitlist offers

ESPECIALLY, if every school is putting out their offers at the same time!

Regarding the 24 hr processing time at OMSAS, Deborah mentioned on her Toronto admissions blog that there's about a day lag between accepting on OMSAS and the time in which they receive the info. Also, I'm pretty sure that an actual person at OMSAS makes note of this/its not automated, because people have also previously mentioned that sometimes it takes a while for their acceptance to be processed on the website, and that this doesn't happen after normal working hours.

Also account for processing time in the office. I'm pretty sure that the time gap between Mac Admissions receiving an official decline of offer from a student to them sending out an offer to a waitlistee is not 5 seconds. There's probably some paperwork (electrowork in the modern age?) that's involved which is invisible to us.

From my experience, the adcoms tend to do as much as possible to ease our pain so let's keep waiting!

why is it so quiet..???

this is maddening..

sigh. i'm contemplating just going back to undergrad (gag) and upgrading my GPA. looking up programs. actually looks like fun if it wasn't for the fact that i may be doing this in the face of a med school rejection.. sigh. oh and the fact that i feel a million years old. lol

why is it so quiet..???

this is maddening..

sigh. i'm contemplating just going back to undergrad (gag) and upgrading my GPA. looking up programs. actually looks like fun if it wasn't for the fact that i may be doing this in the face of a med school rejection.. sigh. oh and the fact that i feel a million years old. lol

hahaha margiethemoo that's exactly what I'm doing as my back up and yes gag that's terrible... if you go to UWO and if it comes to this, let's just take the same classes... lol.

hahaha margiethemoo that's exactly what I'm doing as my back up and yes gag that's terrible... if you go to UWO and if it comes to this, let's just take the same classes... lol.

lol western too far... but considering going to mac for some good vibes...?? lolol.

but definitely not going back to UofT. undergrad+masters = waaay too much time spent on that pretentious campus.

Ugh - posted and don't know what happened! I think I deleted it by accident because my brain has turned to mush lol, will post again cause I love you guys that much :D

I made it! Time-stamp 5:02 pm, best moment/day/e-mail of my life! I cried, couldn't stop shaking, and honestly felt like I had taken a giant gulp of air after holding my breath since May 15.

I know how tough this wait is guys, because I think I was the closest to a nervous breakdown out of all of us. I have literally not left my house much the past few days, I was just a non-functional piece of work that my family was sick of dealing with.

I sincerely hope ALL of you get in because you are such a sweet and awesome bunch! I will keep praying for you guys and hopefully we will see major movement tomorrow and throughout the week - thanks to all of you for your support and GO TEAM WAITLIST! Please post on the facebook page that you were a waitlister so we can be best friends next year - woohoo!

Tee88: Thank you :D (Yes I posted,, I have no idea what I did, it disappeared). Best of luck! I'm rooting for you!

PS: I think I was trying to edit my time-stamp and deleted it instead because I'm obviously quite distracted by a billion things swimming in my head, haha!

That's amazing!!! Congratulations! You deserve it, especially for your awesome memes that have kept us all sane. All the best!!!

:D

let's also celebrate how many people have responded to this poll! that is an accomplishment in itself.

for those of us who do a default masters next year- this poll would be a big enough sample for a thesis! (too soon, I know):P

I hear ya, I hate how people don't really understand what we're going through. I was complaining to my bf about the uncertainty of everything, and he asks 'well, when you finding out?' I'm like I DON'T KNOW! THAT'S THE ISSUE aahggg

I know what you mean... especially when people keeping asking whether we know anything yet. Obviously, I will be screaming from the rooftops and all of GTA will hear me if I get in :P Get the bf to lurk premed101, lol I think mine is on this site more than I am, if that's even possible, but it will definitely give him a new appreciation of what we're going through

People trying to get into med school are neurotic enough without waitlists. The whole process breeds anxiety. On the plus side, I think I am slowly developing excellent coping methods.

Share share! I need something to do other than pressing refresh.

I'm still shaking- just got accepted off the waitlist to Niagara campus!!

Time stamp 4:07 PM

cGPA: 3.89

MCAT: 11/12/14 S (37S)

The interview felt all right, but my first and only med school interview so hard to tell. So excited to meet everyone; good luck to all the waitlisters! This was just my practice run as a third year and just yesterday I resigned myself to reapplying. For those interested I have until June 12 to decide- but will be for sure accepting!

Archived