• Accepted and attending Mac
    • Accepted and withdrawing
    • Waitlisted but would attend
    • Waitlisted and withdrawing
    • Rejected

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, that seemed to have convinced one person to vote. Definitely stressed for the 5 pm mark though. And, only 87 2015s in the facebook group...if that means anything...

It is really strange to me that Mac only has 87 when other schools are reporting more than capacity especially considering the class size is ~200. It is hard to believe that any of the facebook groups are entirely reflective of reality, but maybe you waitlisters (and some rejectees perhaps?) are in for a treat.

Just accepted an invite from Western, and will be declining McMaster. Good luck everyone :)

Thanks again!! I know you were like 95% sure you'd be declining but I guess this makes it 100% and gives us a little more hope!

I know facebook isn't representative (especially if people are on vacation and are communicating directly with Wendy) but I'm pretty shocked at the number of members and really hoping for good news!

annnnnd just double checking the deadline is tomorrow right? or is it tonight by midnight or something?

Thanks again!! I know you were like 95% sure you'd be declining but I guess this makes it 100% and gives us a little more hope!

I know facebook isn't representative (especially if people are on vacation and are communicating directly with Wendy) but I'm pretty shocked at the number of members and really hoping for good news!

annnnnd just double checking the deadline is tomorrow right? or is it tonight by midnight or something?

The numbers are really low. I would much rather be on the Mac waitlist than the Queen's one (unless I am like top 10 on the Queen's one of course).

so the WL moves after 5pm on the day of the deadline?

There's nothing official. The only official information is :

Offers from the waitlist will be made in rank order, as positions become available. This is unlikely to happen prior to the first acceptance deadline of May 29th.

Based on last year's statistics, I'm expecting movement at 5pm today but this is not necessarily going to happen. I am, however, reasonably confident that SOME offers must go out tomorrow.

Hopefully some offers are sent out soon. Otherwise it's going to get me worrying that my calculations were completely off, and the 23 people who posted here are the only 23 declining offers. That would really suck.

i hope the waitlist gets exhausted and they have to accept us who were rejected...lol talk about wishful thinking :rolleyes:

That would be amazing! Especially for people who were rejected. I would love to see the look on someone's face when they got that phonecall

I think offers may begin at 5pm today. Just a feeling

I think that feeling is why I couldn't sleep all night. Even though they usually send out offers at 5pm, for some reason I woke up every 20 minutes to check my email, because of course Wendy would be in the office at 4am to send me an email. Then I had a dream that I was removed from the waitlist, but not accepted, but then I realized the letter was from western and not mac. I realize I'm rambling and may be losing it, but what can you do.

Hopefully some offers are sent out soon. Otherwise it's going to get me worrying that my calculations were completely off, and the 23 people who posted here are the only 23 declining offers. That would really suck.

23 people posting a decline on here is a lot if you figure that only 5-10% of premed population posts.

I think that feeling is why I couldn't sleep all night. Even though they usually send out offers at 5pm, for some reason I woke up every 20 minutes to check my email, because of course Wendy would be in the office at 4am to send me an email. Then I had a dream that I was removed from the waitlist, but not accepted, but then I realized the letter was from western and not mac. I realize I'm rambling and may be losing it, but what can you do.

haha. so with you there! forcing myself to sleep throughout the day and stay busy.. I'm glad that at the very least an email from Wendy is going to mean good news rather than the chance of it being bad or more waiting like May 15th...

So if I understand correctly, there has been NO waitlist movement at any of the Ontario schools today?

That is kind of odd. I wonder if they had come up with some kind of agreement to hold off on things until the deadline.................because I am quite sure they have a good response rate by now. And it's odd that U of T and NOSM sent offers on Friday but not today? I was expecting today to be a very active waitlist day all across.

And another thing - the waitlist e-mail said we would get an e-mail, plus a phone call. So just speculating here, but maybe she will send offers later so she can actually reach people on the phone?

I am so freaked out. Also couldn't sleep, can't work, can't do anything really! This is so hard.

PS: I keep having this sinking feeling that what if there has been no movement because the class is almost full, and we are just totally off with all our hopes. :( I hope not!

PS: I keep having this sinking feeling that what if there has been no movement because the class is almost full, and we are just totally off with all our hopes. :( I hope not!

This is definitely not the case. It's impossible that the class is almost full already.

Technically Wendy's holding by her promise so I can't complain, haha

Yes, it does seem really odd, though unless Toronto and NOSM breached an agreement/were never in it in the first place, I don't think there was one. Perhaps it's just because people are being very indecisive this year?

Re: waitlist email and phone call, the way I interpreted it was more that if they couldn't reach you by email/you weren't responding, they'd call.

I really hope there is some movement, and I totally agree with the sinking feeling. I'm holding out hope till Wed, but after that, I think I'm going to have to move on.

The five minutes to five o'clock mark has hit... I need to waste time for five minutes... hahaha

lmao I'm in the same boat. I've finished my lab work for the day and I'm just sitting here for 10 mins. If there's nothing posted here by 5.05 I'm going to go to the gym and de stress

lmao I'm in the same boat. I've finished my lab work for the day and I'm just sitting here for 10 mins. If there's nothing posted here by 5.05 I'm going to go to the gym and de stress

I am doing EXACTLY the same thing...haven't been able to concentrate on my lab work all day. I've been constantly checking my e-mail, even though I knew it was super unlikely that there would be any movement during the day!

Damn you emails...5:05 and no dice, I'm going to save my anxiety for tomorrow and start enjoying my one day off by having beers on a patio :cool:

Also LOL at the number of people viewing... we have the most exciting page hahahahaha

I am doing EXACTLY the same thing...haven't been able to concentrate on my lab work all day. I've been constantly checking my e-mail, even though I knew it was super unlikely that there would be any movement during the day!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooook my theory failed. Wendy's probably on the elevator to the parking lot to go home now.

I'm off to the gym! Good luck tomorrow everyone :)

Archived